SirBlake

Latest CMF series impact on Historic themes

Give me three years of CMF where we get multiple Castle themed minifigs instead of one wave dedicated to Castle which would like mean no more Castle in future CMFs.

I would really hope that this wouldn't be the case. 1 dedicated Castle CMF series shouldn't put Castle minifigures out of future regular series.

At a rate of approximately 3 Castle minifigures per series, in 3 years we would likely get around 24 Castle themed minifigures through regular CMF series (plus some useful stuff and some figures that could work). If one year had a dedicated Castle theme, we would get 34 over 3 years. Even if one year had a dedicated Space or some other theme, meaning we would miss out on a few from that series, we would still get 30 or more over 3 years.

Anyways, I would much prefer to actually get Castle sets along with the regular CMF series that offer us around 3 Castle or Historic themed minifigures twice a year. Since they aren't presenting us with sets, I'd really like to see a dedicated Castle themed CMF series in the meantime.

Basically, with no Castle theme we are at a loss for minifigures. We get very few in the CMF series every year. Either a Castle theme or a dedicated Castle CMF series would fill that void. I'd be happy with either, but I feel the latter would give us more minifigures.

An entire CMF of castle minifigs would lead to too many "I'll have the whole box please" AFOLs... okay so resellers already do that. Well I would join the club.

Poor kids, haha. They can have their Nexos.

I suppose that as long as Lego provides us with CMFs we don't need no new History sets, who cares about the Nexo ahem ... stuff ... Great pig, finally a great bear sigil and I will of course get the sqaw too - (Western Layout coming up sometimes this "winter" ...)

Besides Queen, Satyr, Scary Knight(is this the confirmed name by the way?) and Winged Warrior for obvious reasons, a few other minifigures are useful for other parts. Farmer's new pig, pitchfork and hat(although I like S11 Scarecrow's hat better, since it is more detailed) can be used for historic farm builds. Also, while Tribal Woman herself might be a bit out of context for Castle MOCs, her baby could easily fit for any medieval fantasy build.

He's a nice fig but I'm not crazy about the red and green combo.

1. Remove shield.

2. Apply Green Dragon Knight shield.

Mission accomplished. :wink:

Brickjagger, so what? You guys were pissed off about criticising NK in its respective forum. So why can't we complain in the History Forum then? Do I have to love everything just because its Lego? Am I a damnable heretic just because I say I can do without NK?

1. Remove shield.

2. Apply Green Dragon Knight shield.

Mission accomplished. :wink:

Also, the green unicorn shield could work for this minifigure.

3846pb20.jpg

Or maybe one of the green ovoid shields, like the Elf's stag, Forest Maiden's tree, or the Slytherin snake shield.

2586pb003.jpg2586pb005.jpglego-harry-potter-loose-shield-large-slytherin-shield-1.jpg

Still, it would be nice if he came with a more appropriate shield, so that we didn't feel that we have to change it. I personally would have preferred something more generic, preferrably in pearl dark grey.

dfe0f2f8a27196ad1e572026bb4626b3.jpgmetal-medieval-shields-set-isolated-white-48049104.jpgc37d7f6931df679933bb5f7443e34cbc.jpg

Edited by x105Black

Yea honestly a generic shield with just wood grain and metal bands would be really nice. An actual knight may have had a detailed painted shield but there would have been lots of men at arms with cheaper utilitarian shields. But maybe I'll just have to try and make a sticker. It is good to get the new large kite shield in dark gray though.

Its definitely rubbery. He's a nice fig but I'm not crazy about the red and green combo.

Yes, it's made up of rubber.

Whitefang's review really shows off the greatness of that knight. The dark green is really well done and get a load of the vambraces on the arms! Love it. I agree the red/green is a little strange, but it doesn't bother me. It's fantastic for parts and wonderful to see the new shield in use.

Side view of Grim Knight

Brickjagger, so what? You guys were pissed off about criticising NK in its respective forum. So why can't we complain in the History Forum then? Do I have to love everything just because its Lego? Am I a damnable heretic just because I say I can do without NK?

Errr, were you looking at my signature and thinking it was a post I made?

Little confused here. :wacko:

A generic shield would be awesome

Maybe a Squire minfigure in a future CMF wave

Edited by Robert8

Does anybody else mix their Fantasy and Medieval cmfs together?

Yes, they work really well together. I also mix in some other historic figures, as well as Star Wars figures. I get tired of the typical Dwarves, Elves, Trolls, Goblins, so it's nice to have Egyptians, and aliens that I can use as random fantasy races.

Does anybody else mix their Fantasy and Medieval cmfs together?

Not sure what you are talking about....but I keep all my Medieval Fantasy CMFs together :sweet:

Yes, they work really well together.also mix in some other historic figures, as well as Star Wars figures. I get tired of the typical Dwarves, Elves, Trolls, Goblins, so it's nice to have Egyptians, and aliens that I can use as random fantasy races.

Sweet! Yeah I get bored of my kingdom just being attacked by knights and skeletons,sometimes ultron is a medieval villian lol

Errr, were you looking at my signature and thinking it was a post I made?

err yeah sorry, i thought your signature was a post ...

Sweet! Yeah I get bored of my kingdom just being attacked by knights and skeletons,sometimes ultron is a medieval villian lol

I like some minfigures with robotic metal exteriors (like Ultron) as armored knights.

Red and green doesn't usually look good together. Dacta Futurons are another example of this.

The knight looks excellent, the shield is pretty cool, but I wish the colour of both had been bright light orange or something like that, other than red blue green that we've had in recent years. I'm faced with a bit of a quandary with this guy, where does he fit with my other armies? The green dragons are too big already, and the bear/red shield doesn't fit. Hmmm

Red and green doesn't usually look good together.

WHAT?!? Red and Green are complimentary colors on the color wheel. By their very definition they look good together.

Not in Lego, although the darker colours are better

Edited by Artanis I

The knight looks excellent, the shield is pretty cool, but I wish the colour of both had been bright light orange or something like that, other than red blue green that we've had in recent years.

Yikes, bright light orange? I'd prefer pearl greys, personally. Or even brown wood with metallic printing. I don't think orange would look that good, personally (especially of the bright light variety).

WHAT?!? Red and Green are complimentary colors on the color wheel. By their very definition they look good together.

Every time I see the colors together, I think of Christmas. So, to me, they only look good for about 1 week out of the year. Because of the Christmas thing, they don't really work together the rest of the time.

Did you ever consider that red and green were chosen as traditional Christmas colors because they look good together.

I can understand if personal opinions differ from objective fact....but the objective fact (by the rules of color) is that red and green go together VERY well.