SirBlake

Latest CMF series impact on Historic themes

18 hours ago, SirBlake said:

I also think they could print some more money by making supporting minifigs for the new revitalized factions. New archers for the Black Falcons/Lions in the new style would be huge.

What more do you need for a new Black Falcon archer? As I just use the new torso, stick on a quiver and choice of head, generic black legs, then hair or a helmet.

22 minutes ago, MAB said:

What more do you need for a new Black Falcon archer? As I just use the new torso, stick on a quiver and choice of head, generic black legs, then hair or a helmet.

Since the beginning, there have been multiple torsos for a single faction. This was nurtured further starting with Fantasy Era through Kingdoms and 2013: multiple torsos for a single faction, often leading to specific archers with a strap design on the front to justify the back-mounted quiver. Some themes even have multiple torso prints with anything from printed armor pieces to augmented gorget on otherwise plain guard armor.

So to answer your question more directly, I "need" more than just a tunic-over-chainmail.

5 minutes ago, SirBlake said:

Since the beginning, there have been multiple torsos for a single faction. This was nurtured further starting with Fantasy Era through Kingdoms and 2013: multiple torsos for a single faction, often leading to specific archers with a strap design on the front to justify the back-mounted quiver. Some themes even have multiple torso prints with anything from printed armor pieces to augmented gorget on otherwise plain guard armor.

So to answer your question more directly, I "need" more than just a tunic-over-chainmail.

I see. I think I'd prefer to have multiple (that is, two!) generic faction torsos without chains, or straps or rips, etc. so that they can all be used for any part of an army, especially where they can be differentiated by using a quiver for archers or different types of helmets or shouler armour, etc for other parts of the army. Although I'd prefer two different factions with one torso each, the one faction with two.

42 minutes ago, MAB said:

Although I'd prefer two different factions with one torso each, the one faction with two.

Yeah, I'm being much more greedy than that. Multiple factions with multiple torso options please.

1 hour ago, SirBlake said:

Multiple factions with multiple torso options please.

I agree with this. The more variety the better. If they can afford to do a bunch of different torsos for crap like Avatar they can do it for Castle, too.

2 hours ago, SirBlake said:

This new series is so great for us castle fans!

Where did you find these?

12 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Where did you find these?

Supposed to hit shelves Jan 1, but they’re showing up in Targets in the check out area. I visited a few Targets in Fort Worth, Texas yesterday and scored these at one on the west side of town. Happy hunting!

49 minutes ago, SirBlake said:

Supposed to hit shelves Jan 1, but they’re showing up in Targets in the check out area. I visited a few Targets in Fort Worth, Texas yesterday and scored these at one on the west side of town. Happy hunting!

Ok I did hear that I'll have to see if i can find some.  The target i was at the other day I didn't see them I can see if others may have them.  

3 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Ok I did hear that I'll have to see if i can find some.  The target i was at the other day I didn't see them I can see if others may have them.  

Be vigilant. I didn’t see any when I was shopping with my wife so we went to check out and I just got lucky that I saw some on the pegs by the register. There were only 2 registers that had the CMF’s, so they were really easy to miss. 

Edited by SirBlake

On 12/23/2022 at 8:15 PM, SirBlake said:

52582254316_c1527d067c_b.jpg

Nice! 👍
Could you post some comparisons of the two new Black Falcon designs (CMF vs. Blacksmith shop), as well as of the new CMF with various helmets, armour, quivers, etc? I am curious to see how well they integrate into the existing BF ranks. 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

2 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Nice! 👍
Could you post some comparisons of the two new Black Falcon designs (CMF vs. Blacksmith shop), as well as of the new CMF with various helmets, armour, quivers, etc? I am curious to see how well they integrate into the existing BF ranks. 

Sure! I bet I’ll have some free time tomorrow to do that. 

This is the first series that adds two figs to existing factions.  The tough part is at $5 per fig, it makes army collecting them rather painful.  So many of my large armies were obtained by collecting chess sets and other inexpensive purchasing methods.  

And yet... I will get as many as I can of both.  At least 50 of the Falcon and 100 of the Orc.  

Absolutely love the new tan bow!  I will LUGBulk that if it becomes available as a part.  I could use many hundreds of them!

As requested by @Classic_Spaceman, here are some photos with a variety of helmets and armor. I think it's safe to say that the new CMF blends in perfectly with the new Black Falcon knights.

A couple of notes: 

• Only 2 Falconers are present in these photos, but I'm going to get at least 10 to compliment my 20 knights/guards.
  • The knights & Guards pictured are from the Creator Castle, Blacksmith and 10305 Lion Knight's Castle.
  • Rogue elements include a dark pearl grey Great Helm on one of the knights, and some black Ninjago pauldrons on the Knight from 10305 with the black Great Helm.
  • Main color differences are that the new CMF Falconer has black arms (with the brown falconer glove on the left arm) and brown boots, where the other Black Falcons have dark pearl grey arms and dark grey legs with no boot detail.
  • Because of the dark pearl grey arms on the knights, I personally have swapped out the silver conical helmets for dark pearl grey conical for the guards, and plan to acquire dark pearl grey helmets and pauldrons for the knights 
  • Once I acquire the rest of the falconers, I'll outfit them with the dark blue Barriss Offee hood and hair pieces and they'll be the archers for the 3x 31120 Castle.

Sorry for the big pic dump, but this was fun. :) Merry Christmas y'all!

52585584064_0ff9098458_b.jpg

52585323711_5e511d7084_b.jpg

52584850317_d568a8b442_b.jpg

52585757450_ec0b82809e_b.jpg

52585757455_ddf549d56e_b.jpg

Edited by SirBlake

5 hours ago, DaleDVM said:

This is the first series that adds two figs to existing factions.  The tough part is at $5 per fig, it makes army collecting them rather painful.  So many of my large armies were obtained by collecting chess sets and other inexpensive purchasing methods.  

And yet... I will get as many as I can of both.  At least 50 of the Falcon and 100 of the Orc.  

Absolutely love the new tan bow!  I will LUGBulk that if it becomes available as a part.  I could use many hundreds of them!

$5 a fig seems the going rate nowadays. I used to look for figs at about $2 - $2.5 only a couple of years ago. Good luck with that now! 

As requested by @Classic_Spaceman, here are some photos with a variety of helmets and armor. I think it's safe to say that the new CMF blends in perfectly with the new Black Falcon knights.

A couple of notes: 

• Only 2 Falconers are present in these photos, but I'm going to get at least 10 to compliment my 20 knights/guards.
  • The knights & Guards pictured are from the Creator Castle, Blacksmith and 10305 Lion Knight's Castle.
  • Rogue elements include a dark pearl grey Great Helm on one of the knights, and some black Ninjago pauldrons on the Knight from 10305 with the black Great Helm.
  • Main color differences are that the new CMF Falconer has black arms (with the brown falconer glove on the left arm) and brown boots, where the other Black Falcons have dark pearl grey arms and dark grey legs with no boot detail.
  • Because of the dark pearl grey arms on the knights, I personally have swapped out the silver conical helmets for dark pearl grey conical for the guards, and plan to acquire dark pearl grey helmets and pauldrons for the knights 
  • Once I acquire the rest of the falconers, I'll outfit them with the dark blue Barriss Offee hood and hair pieces and they'll be the archers for the 3x 31120 Castle.

52585757455_ddf549d56e_b.jpg

Thank you, and Merry Christmas to you as well! 
These look brilliant, and they fit with the existing Falcons perfectly. 👍

Thanks for the comparison pictures, SirBlake.
I kinda curious to see how the new Falconer legs fit with the mainstream Falcon torso.

Depending on how many I can get my hands on, I'll likely use the Falconer torso for the commander/lordship of a troop of Falcon soldiers.

1 hour ago, GeoBrick said:

Thanks for the comparison pictures, SirBlake.
I kinda curious to see how the new Falconer legs fit with the mainstream Falcon torso.

Depending on how many I can get my hands on, I'll likely use the Falconer torso for the commander/lordship of a troop of Falcon soldiers.

Ah, good call. Here you go!

52586051720_7310613b1e_b.jpg

Ah, good call. Here you go!

52586051720_7310613b1e_b.jpg

This looks good, like a more lightly-armoured footsoldier. 👍
How does the CMF torso look with the regular legs? 

5 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

This looks good, like a more lightly-armoured footsoldier. 👍
How does the CMF torso look with the regular legs? 

Pretty great, though I will say I think the dark bley legs look a little more cohesive with the torso that has dark bley arms. Surely not a big issue if you want to mix and match.

52585748726_10d961720e_b.jpg

Edited by SirBlake

4 minutes ago, SirBlake said:

Pretty great, though I will say I think the dark bley legs look a little more cohesive with the torso that has dark bley arms. Surely not a big issue if you want to mix and match.

I agree. It looks like we have three possible configurations (without changing arms or hands): Standard, CMF, and Standard torso with CMF legs. The standard design works well for knights and more heavily-armoured soldiers (men-at-arms), the CMF makes a great archer, and the standard torso with CMF legs looks good for lighter footsoldiers or heavier archers. 
Overall, I really like the diversity/customisability that the new figure allows, and I hope that LEGO continues to make similar Minifigs. 

55 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I agree. It looks like we have three possible configurations (without changing arms or hands): Standard, CMF, and Standard torso with CMF legs. The standard design works well for knights and more heavily-armoured soldiers (men-at-arms), the CMF makes a great archer, and the standard torso with CMF legs looks good for lighter footsoldiers or heavier archers. 
Overall, I really like the diversity/customisability that the new figure allows, and I hope that LEGO continues to make similar Minifigs. 

Very well said. I was hoping for a Lion archer in this series, but this is certainly just as good if not better. Now about that Lion archer…