SirBlake

Latest CMF series impact on Historic themes

I can't tell if Ursula's torso is just a print or if it's a shaped piece to make her fat and busty. If it's a shaped piece, I hope it's separate from the octopoid legs. What do you think?

Doesn't look printed. Probably part of her leg piece, as Lego prefers to consolidate molds if they can.

I can't tell if Ursula's torso is just a print or if it's a shaped piece to make her fat and busty. If it's a shaped piece, I hope it's separate from the octopoid legs. What do you think?

The shaped fat piece is intact with the tentacle legs. Normal pinkish coloured torso behind.

There is a picture now of some of the S16 minifigures, including the Rogue and the Snow Queen

(We can't post the pic or even share the link)

The Rogue looks good. I think he has a new hood, but I'm not sure

Snow Queen has the S15 Queen's dress piece recolored and a new cape

The baby can't be used for castle settings because of his printing

Edited by Robert8

There is a picture now of some of the S16 minifigures, including the Rogue and the Snow Queen

(We can't post the pic or even share the link)

The Rogue looks good. I think he has a new hood, but I'm not sure

Snow Queen has the S15 Queen's dress piece recolored and a new cape

The baby can't be used for castle settings because of his printing

I'm pretty sure the Rogue's hood is new. At first I thought it might be the one from the Evil Green Ninja from Ninjago, but comparing the two, it's definitely different.

Also, don't forget the Mariachi! After all, Eurobricks' historic themes categorization DOES classify Western as historic. :tongue:

Wow, Snow Queen is really beautiful! Not much of a historical MOC material, but I'm sure she'll fit in fantasy MOCs perfectly. Also, it looks like she has the new dress piece like S15 Queen. While I'd prefer an old skirt/robes lower torso part instead, this one might still work.

Rogue looks perfect, his new hood piece is really good. At first I imagined S16 Rogue as a swordsman, but an archer works just as well too. But more importantly, did anyone see his crest? He has a Wolfpack insignia! Similar to how they referred to Forestmen in the bio of S1 Forestman, I think they'll mention Wolfpack in Rogue's bio.

On the other hand, Imp is a bit of a dissapointment for me. I thought it'd be a real imp, I wasn't expecting a costume. Then again, I wasn't even expecting 3 costume minifigures in the same series. :tongue:

He has a Wolfpack insignia!

Love this!! Could be a good army builder. Will probably go well with Forest Maiden and Elf, as well.

The Rogue having the Wolfpack insignia is wonderful. I would have much preferred him to be wearing dark brown, much like the original Wolfpack, but the dark green looks pretty good, too.

Oh my gosh, that rogue is amazing!

Such an incredible example of what we could/should be getting in the castle theme. I will buy as many of these as I can find. This will be my most army built CMF for sure. Gondor Rangers, elf scouts, modern wolf pack!

The snow queen looks good too, but that rogue... <3

I was fortunate enough to pick up the rogue from series 16 this morning, and wow, this thing is beautiful.

Great detail in the printing, dual-color molded legs and left arm, and there's even great back printing under that quiver.

I was fortunate enough to pick up the rogue from series 16 this morning, and wow, this thing is beautiful.

Great detail in the printing, dual-color molded legs and left arm, and there's even great back printing under that quiver.

Pictures, please! I have not been able to find these locally as of yet.

LOL at the crazy mouth head for the Penguin.

Pictures, please! I have not been able to find these locally as of yet.

Here he is with the back printing and face detail visible too...

image_zpsyaw0sl8s.jpeg

I thought the Snow Queen was my favorite from this series, but now I don't know :wub:

Amazing pic SirBlake!

Thanks for sharing!

Yeah man, happy to share. The CMF series is kind of all we've got these days for straight historic fans. Speaking of... The rogue fits right in with the rest of the best historic CMFs.

image_zpsf7jsem6j.jpeg

Oh my gosh, what an amazing fig. So much potential. I got really lucky on this one:

Very cool. I need to get more of them, myself. I only got 2 today. I should have continued looking, but I figure I'll see them around again, and I was already buying 1/4 of a box.

I shot a photo of some of the castle/fantasy parts that we've gotten out of the CMF line. I forgot to include the highland warriors large sword and the heroic knights' new short sword mold. Can you think of any other parts I've missed? Obviously there are many more historic and mythological unique parts, but that's for another photo.

image_zpsisnrhys9.jpeg

Also, just for fun, here's a fun shot of a group of rogues.

image_zpsm8par2bh.jpeg

On one hand its nice to get new parts, but I prefer the old hood on the rogues over the new covered face version. Its too ninja-like.