Hi! I’d like to present my entry to the C-model contest: an orange buggy.

I affectionately call it Weird Buggy and you may as well call it Yet Another Buggy :)

d700_14734_s2.jpg

d700_14742_s2.jpg

296 parts, 300 grams, 32.5 studs long, 18.5 studs wide, 16 studs high.

Features:

• independent front suspension
  • live axle rear suspension
  • RWD with fake V2 engine
  • positive caster angle that helps steering return to center
  • steering wheel
  • openable bonnet
  • fake gear and handbrake levels
  • tall rear to make up for no rolling cage

Inspired by The Dawnbreaker, the positive caster angle allows for the steering wheel to be directly connected to the front axle, which is anyway just the one from the 9392 Quad Bike. With available shock absorbers, it feels like the front suspension is a bit soft and the rear suspension is a bit stiff, but as you’ll see in the video is not too bad :)

Built out of 9392 Quad Bike and 42007 Moto Cross Bike, because they are in the same color scheme.

sets-used.jpg

I thought I’d need many lift arms to accomplish anything, but it was black pins with friction that I run out of!

Parts left: 154 parts (including 57 chain links and the bike’s wheels).

parts-left.jpg

Given the color scheme and tires, an orange buggy was the only idea I came up with. Here’s a sample of inspiration (found here):

orangebuggy006.jpg

A few more photos (~1000-1500 px wide, there are also full-size originals and extra shots).

d700_14721_s3.jpgd700_14725_s4.jpgd700_14722_s4.jpgd700_14726_s4.jpgd700_14727_s4.jpgd700_14729_s4.jpg

If you’re still reading, you deserve a reward! I hope this video will make up for it :innocent2:

(to see it in HD 720, better click

)

Apologies if the video looks unfinished… it is. Photos are also JPEG straight out of the camera, I’m having several issues with my computer so need the time to fix it. This is what happens to computer guys when on leave! :D

Edited by miguev

I like the rear exhaust and the armrest details. Also the massive rear shocks make it looks really offroad capable.

Schweet mamma the rear suspension.

Also, damn that thing is as open cockpit as it can get.

Of course I read through the whole post - how couldn't I, there is my MOC in it :blush: . I fear we're all gonna get flushed under the "YAB" category though :hmpf_bad:.

Anyway, I think you have enough parts left for a windscreen imitation, and that would make your MOC complete. The stickers from both sets are very compatible and look nice together. I really like the video with all the "slo-mo" and the environment you chose is also great (prehapse you could make it a bit shorter, but that doesn't make it less good :wink: ).

Good luck - buggies rule!!!!! :grin:

Edited by MajklSpajkl

Also looks survivable when I land the wrong way even with no roll cage (though it can use one after the contest is over).

Buggies rule!!!!! :grin:

Buggy is love, buggy is life.

But how about a city-livable buggy?

Well, you've seen how this buggy bounces without hitting the ground upside down, that should also compensate for the lack of roll cage :innocent:

I've taken it apart already, but anyway I don't think I had enough parts left for a windscreen, barely any pins left other than 3L and nearly no connectors left.

Glad to hear the shooting location looks good to you, that's literally the back of our apartment block and I think I'll seldom go any further away to film MOCs, not at least until kids grow up :laugh:

Well, you've seen how this buggy bounces without hitting the ground upside down, that should also compensate for the lack of roll cage :innocent:

Nah. It's nothing imaginary Takata harnesses can't solve.

grown man in a kids park wearing long black gloves..... you're gonna get arrested one day :tongue:

super little model!

grown man in a kids park wearing long black gloves..... you're gonna get arrested one day :tongue:

super little model!

It's a private playground, so you won't find any more kids than those you bring with you. I think I 3yo is the top user there, and my inner-child is probably 2nd :grin:

Miguev, add the link to discussion topic in your entry post.

Oops, fixed, sorry! :look: