Sérgio

[MOC] - Douro Historical Train (Steam 2-8-4 + Shunter + 5 old carriage

Hello everyone,

This is one of my greatest creations , the replica of the historic train River Douro , Portugal .

Has two locomotives, one steam with the 2-8-4 configuration, the CP0186 built in Germany in 1924 by Henschel & Sohn and the CP1185 Diesel , a small tractor Sentinel which was painted black (originally is yellow ) nicknamed " Darth Vader " to ensure the reliability of the locomotive Steam in case of failure .

Both have the engine 9V engines, need to pull the 5 wood carruages 3 are color lacquered wood , the other 2 are painted dark green on the outside and white inside .

This train makes tourist trips in the summer , as a rule, travel always with the windows open , as such , I did not use any window or transclear panel , simulating that the windows are wide open and so I could get enough space to have comfortably seated 12 minifigures in each cars ( total of 60 minifigures ) .

The train have more than 5000 pieces is 7 wide and 2.20 meters long, flowing smoothly over all the possible configuration rails.

You can seem many photos of the original here http://trains.smugmu...Douro/i-mQQxwdG

15873694961_8e5d9461f8_c.jpgLEGO - Comboio Histórico do Douro by SergioBatista, on Flickr

original size: https://farm8.static...46008e9b4_o.jpg

Video

Looks good. Can you show the original train for comparison (as in picture)? Also why is the photo all scratched up?

Edited by Zblj

Looks good. Can you show the original train for comparison (as in picture)? Also why is the photo all scratched up?

Thanx!! you can see original train here http://historybricks...storical-train/

vapor-523.jpg

The scratches its a just filter to looks old

all set with out any filter or treatment

15237339984_6388e35c1e_c.jpgUntitled by SergioBatista, on Flickr

Edited by Sérgio

I like it when people build entire trains rather than just locomotives. Good job.

The filter(s) in your video are very strange. I think it would definitely be better without them.

What are you doing, if anything, to articulate your long-wheelbase 2-axle cars? How well does it work in compression?

As I mentioned in an earlier thread, the locomotives are fantastic, and as Commander Wolf said, paying attention to the entire train is always a treat. Looking at the cars, it is too bad that the old gate pieces are so expensive, they would have been a great addition to the cars...

3186.gif

... though the 1x3x2 are still pricy they are a lot cheaper.

Olá Sérgio.

When I see one of you're posts I already know its going to be good.

I really admire it and I can only hope to one day be as inspired as you are in your creations.

If you plan to share (or even sell) your plans let me know. Being portuguese material it interests me and I'm sure I could learn a lot from it.

Cláudio

I like it when people build entire trains rather than just locomotives. Good job.

The filter(s) in your video are very strange. I think it would definitely be better without them.

What are you doing, if anything, to articulate your long-wheelbase 2-axle cars? How well does it work in compression?

I prefer entire trains to :)

about the video, ther is no filter just a drunk youtube, i use my iPhone 4 to take pictures and filming... so the quality sometimes sucks :/

About the distance of the 2-Axels Cars... i use a "magic ruber"

15698773890_fe27b27e8c_m.jpgUntitled by SergioBatista, on Flickr

As I mentioned in an earlier thread, the locomotives are fantastic, and as Commander Wolf said, paying attention to the entire train is always a treat. Looking at the cars, it is too bad that the old gate pieces are so expensive, they would have been a great addition to the cars...

3186.gif

... though the 1x3x2 are still pricy they are a lot cheaper.

Thanx :) yes that doors fences are expencive, i dont have the 1x3x2 either, but maybe later step by step i will buy them :)

Olá Sérgio.

When I see one of you're posts I already know its going to be good.

I really admire it and I can only hope to one day be as inspired as you are in your creations.

If you plan to share (or even sell) your plans let me know. Being portuguese material it interests me and I'm sure I could learn a lot from it.

Cláudio

Olá Cláudio e muito Obrigado :)

about my plans contact me on my page https://www.facebook.com/brickcustomimagination

Wow Sergio, an amazing comboio, very nice, long and detailed, the "magic rubber" is a perfect way to "long" 2 axles carriages get into the extra-narrow lego curves.

Congrats,

Wow Sergio, an amazing comboio, very nice, long and detailed, the "magic rubber" is a perfect way to "long" 2 axles carriages get into the extra-narrow lego curves.

Congrats,

thanx a lot neighbor :D