Sign in to follow this  
nils

Horizon Express

Just ordered my two from US!!! Dang I was hoping I would get them for Christmas instead of having to pay for them!!

And yes, I'm a 32 year old adult who gets sets for Christmas still... no shame.

SO glad I bought while it was on sale at S@H just a few days ago. My most favourite looking train set by far. Unfortunately have to wait til Christmas to build it :(

Same for Belgium, no more Horizon Express at S@H. It's still wildly aviable for (online) stores.

its status in Europe is now "Call to check product availability" - does anyone know if this means its definitely gone and won't be coming back?

its status in Europe is now "Call to check product availability" - does anyone know if this means its definitely gone and won't be coming back?

Call and find out

Was the same with the fire brigade. Don't get your hopes up.

Although the product was a sale item, I would be somewhat surprised if it's being phased out already (just under two years). But the positive spin is that a replacement could be on the cards soon!

*crosses fingers*

Still available in Canada S@H. No sign of the "retiring soon" flag on the production description page.

Hmm, will a new train be on time or late arriving? :laugh:

Just ordered my two from US!!! Dang I was hoping I would get them for Christmas instead of having to pay for them!!

And yes, I'm a 32 year old adult who gets sets for Christmas still... no shame.

Oh, don't be, of course, I am 54 and I bought my lego present for Christmas three months before, gave it to my wife and said that this is what I would like to find by Christmas tree... thanks God that two HE are ready in the basement for my birthday :) m.

As much as I want a new creator train set, the HE has not been retired yet.

They have plenty in stock in the US, and I think this is just a temporary shortage in Europe due to higher demand.

Patience... and if you don't have the HE yet and you're getting it for Christmas , congratulations, you're in for a treat!

Lucky I got my HE a few days ago for a birthday present! :laugh: A combined present from my brilliant family! Mum, sister and brother-in-law :wub:

Not in stock with S@H down here in NZ... although I think NZ S@H comes via Europe

Also the major Lego stockists here in Middle Zealand no longer have HE listed online to purchase and two stores I've spoken to say they can't get them in stock anymore. But I won't say what one toy store who knows me; did SAY to me.

Looks like getting 2nd HE to make a full train in going to be harder then first though...

Stu :)

(who turned 14 years old last week.... with 24 years of experience :tongue: )

I know this maybe a bad thing for some of you who dont have this, I havw had my 2 sets since they came out. But on the bright side it could mean an up and coming train is coming.

It's hardly surprising there's some left in the US, it's not an American train. TGVs are pretty iconic in Europe, but Americans tend to prefer American (especially when about half of Lego's train output is American inspired).

... about half of Lego's train output is American inspired.

Really?

60052 American

60051 European

3677 European

7939 European

7938 European

7898 European

7897 European

10233 European

10219 American

10194 European

Should I continue?

Nah, I'll do it for you:

10170 American

10133 American

10020 American

10022 American

10025 American

10014 American

plus a whole load of My Own Train sets which are not specifically European or American but could pass as American such as

etc. etc...

Edited by Heppeng