Saint

Clone Turbo Tank

Hello Eurobrickers !

It has been a while since I posted a MOC here... and this is the reason :

Over the past 3 years I've been planning and building this massive project , a Clone Turbo Tank or Juggernaught .

u.jpg

I've displayed it on the "brickmania" show in Antwerp on the weekend of 15-16 november as a first, most picture's were taken there by other people and I like the oppurtunity to thank them !

The "tank" has a 50K + parts in it, one wheel alone counts for about a 1000 parts, they're build up with technic beams and are plated over.

the whole of the tank breaks down into 28 seperate parts , has a light option in the bridge and ( for me ) more importent , it can be detailed on the inside.

Now I know, some will say it's to big.. and I couldn't find any reference that it should be this and that height, so when I started, I thought of 1 thing : 300 clones + equipment, AT-RT's and speeders... that is going to be one BIG CTT... so I did !

I went on planning and constructing the wheels first, and 10-fold building isn't hard, but still a pain in the megablock ... the wheels alone took me a week or so to complete ( inbetween work and household stuff ) :laugh: .

Since I only had the "Incredible Cross Sections" book and a very small model to build from, I had to really come up with so many differend things, I couldn't keep track of all things.

The only thing I didn't like on the original model , was the laser on top, IMHO , it was to flimsy, so I made another cannon on top.

http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=550024

And here is the full galery , I'm sorry but I still cannot place the picture's as it should, I hope you like the CTT !

I've put the gallery on the Flickr too : http://www.flickr.com/photos/115031425@N04/sets/72157649468729312/

Grtz Saint

Edited by Saint

That thing is insane...

ly awesome.

Words never match the sum of 50,000 pieces masterfully placed in a SW model.

Alas .... there's no suspension...

It's simply to big to be resting on it's own weight :blush: ! I haven't weigh it ... but I reckon that it's between 15-20 kilo's ... there's a lot of technic beams on the inside !

Grtz Saint

Pretty darn awesome! And it even has great little details too! I quite like this beast! :thumbup:

I linked the first picture for you in your first post. You can find some good tutorials here on how to link Brickshelf pictures.

Holy flipping clones, that thing is massive! The attention to detail is awesome, very nice work.

Sometimes a large enough scale is good enough to draw praise by itself but this has both scale and detail in abundance... Seriously... this thing is huge.

I don't think pictures are really going to do this justice and it probably has to be seen in person to take it all in.

Just a superb build... I can see where three years went!

You're righ,Robianco !

I showed some initial picture's to a friend of mine.. but until he saw it in person he couldn't grasp the scale of the project... that is why I'm sitting in front of the model :wink: .

grtz Saint

Uhhmm ... sadly ...no.. I used some lights in it.. but that's about it.

Frankly , I don't have that much experiance with moters and movement, and although it looks heavy and sturdy, it's quite fragile in some area's.

It will be on display on the Brickmania show in Antwerpen again this year ;)

grtz Saint

WOW really cool build but i think it would look a lot better if the bottom area was dark grey like in the movie. I have also made a juggernaut and would like some pointers as your a great builder.

5 hours ago, Thewolfbuilder said:

WOW really cool build but i think it would look a lot better if the bottom area was dark grey like in the movie. I have also made a juggernaut and would like some pointers as your a great builder.

Looking at it, Saint hasn't been active since 2016. Though this is a blast from the past.

Look at the size of that thing! Words fail me..amazing stuff, love the small flags included :)

On 29-8-2017 at 3:59 AM, Thewolfbuilder said:

Well, tell me what you need pointers on ?? Start with having a brickload of bricks helps  ;)