Chills

Ultimate Star Wars LEGO Room

Wow, that looks like star wars heaven. Very nice! Make sure you tell your wife she is awesome for allowing this to exist. :wink:

But might I ask why there is a teddy bear by the at-at?

I'm not sure what I was expecting when I clicked on this topic but... Wow. Truly inspirational. I would love to do something similar (if I had the time, the devotion, not to mention the ability). This is the perfect way to display a collection.

Stunningly good! Congratulations on your building and electrical work. The room looks amazing and your collection is very impressive.

Wow. I’m deeply impressed. It’s indeed a star wars cathedral!

PS: What about your wife? I can imagine that she wants you to build a similar room for all her shoes now.

Edited by papacharly

Wow, thanks again for all of the kind comments. Much appreciated!

LOL@square feets....

RE: the insurance. Yep, I'm covered if something happens. I made sure with my policy.

RE: the Teddy Bear. Cool, someone noticed! My sweet wife thought it would be a good idea to have something in the room that reminded me of her, so she gave me a teddy bear she's had since she was a kid. It has big fuzzy boots, a scarf, and fuzzy earmuffs. My wife said, "This is a Hoth teddy bear, he needs to sit next to your LEGO puppy (aka AT-AT)." :wink:

RE: a room for my wife's shoes. Thankfully our master bedroom has a very large walk-in closet. She's got an entire wall full of shoes and purses on display, not unlike my SW LEGO displays.

Seeing this, totally made me speechless! It is truly a dream to be able to own or visit this special place of yours. Well done, and thank you for sharing. This will certianly pleased any SW fans for sure.

That is one of the coolest things I've seen on the Internet all year. Outstanding design and craftsmanship. I especially like the lighting. So cool. Thanks for sharing.

I think your Star Wars room will be my inspiration to do that... if I ever get the chance to do so!

This is just so cool!

Thanks everyone! If any of you are interested in building something similar I'd be more than happy to share building techniques, measurements, and how I did it.

I've dreamed of doing something similar to this for all my SW, LOTR, Hobbit, etc Lego sets (minus the Star Destroyer/Death Star theme) for years - I still hope to do it once I finish college (I am a junior) and get my own house. So all I can say here is WOW! You have accomplished in your own way my years-long dream and then some!

I've dreamed of doing something similar to this for all my SW, LOTR, Hobbit, etc Lego sets (minus the Star Destroyer/Death Star theme) for years - I still hope to do it once I finish college (I am a junior) and get my own house. So all I can say here is WOW! You have accomplished in your own way my years-long dream and then some!

Thanks! So what kind of theme are you thinking about doing? Have you done any type of construction project before? I never had attempted something like this, so there was a lot of trial and error along the way.

Thanks, Darth_Brick. Interestingly enough pics of my room have been making the rounds on Social Media. The 501st Legion's FB page picked it up and things jus took off. lol

The display cases are regular Billy bookshelves from Ikea with glass doors (forget what the Ikea name for the doors are, something like Opblundalk).