snaillad

MOC: Studdington Station

Hi everyone, its been a while since my last build, so here it is my latest project Studdington Station.

I don't consider myself a train enthusiast or expert, hence there is no engine in this MOC, but as I enjoy making buildings and a little landscaping I thought this would be a nice way to combine my interests.

I figure all towns and cities need a train station so I've put it in here! :wink: although the admins may wish to move as appropriate.

This has took way much longer than I would of liked to finish but it's eventually been done.

It was influenced by many British countryside stations build in the Victorian era. A lot of these buildings are now defunct due to low usage and have been converted in to homes and other business's.

Due to my small desk, I've cut the size of the platform considerably so it's not realistic at all! :laugh: There is no interior this time sadly. I'll save my ideas for another project! :classic:

There is a few 'untidy' areas which I perhaps could of eventually figured out a better solution for but just wanted to get it finished.

Anyway, enough waffle and on with the pics, there is only 5 in total this time and I've posted them all below;

15836991986_07c37fc0b7_c.jpg

15677000977_51c4c8ee55_c.jpg

15862798285_8fbcf6eabe_c.jpg

15860802451_154050220e_c.jpg

15836978586_2784019f41_c.jpg

If you wish to view them in flickr the link is here: https://www.flickr.c...s/52656812@N04/

Comments welcome in any form!

Cheers

Wonderful! I like seeing something more modest from you, as much as I am completely obsessed with your trademark Art Deco style. The building itself is extremely charming, but I'm also really impressed with the landscaping and all the other little details going on outside. The various paving patterns are excellent, and those benches are so simple yet appropriate. As always, huge fan and I'll try and get this on BTT tomorrow.

Edit: As promised, blogged on Brick Town Talk!

Edited by sonicstarlight

Wow! Lovely details like the pavers and leaning trees. The design of the station building is quite touching. You nailed this one! Congratuations!

Beautiful!! Great details all round, but my favourites are the white frames around the window, the awning over the verandah and the white framing inside the roof bit (above the clock).

What a friendly looking station! It sure does welcome everyone.As other said you packed some gret details, colors and textures. Also nice village name!

Excellent work as usual Snaillad!

The white painted scrolly woodwork, the large chimneys and the corner stone work is just so perfect and in keeping with a rural UK Train Station.

Tip of the hat to you...

Wonderful! I like seeing something more modest from you, as much as I am completely obsessed with your trademark Art Deco style. The building itself is extremely charming, but I'm also really impressed with the landscaping and all the other little details going on outside. The various paving patterns are excellent, and those benches are so simple yet appropriate. As always, huge fan and I'll try and get this on BTT tomorrow.

Thanks sonicstarlight! I have made quite a few large Art Deco boxes and wanted to try and work on improving my landscaping, I suppose this satisfied by desire to have a small building and greenery!

Speechless

Gorgeous. Very good taste in every detail.

One word.....Delightful ! :wub:

Congrats on being front paged 'snaillad' and Brick On ! :grin:

Thank you danimarroquin, Gongoro73 and lightningtiger it's a nice suprise to be FP'd!

Wow! Lovely details like the pavers and leaning trees. The design of the station building is quite touching. You nailed this one! Congratuations!

This is awesome, I love the building and platform details.

As allways a wonderfull build from you. Lovely facade, great details.

Perfect creation. Loved all the details. Good work.

Thanks Legogal, Ben C,Hobbythom and The Player Nº1! The platform is a bit messy at the end, I would have liked a much more gradual slope to look much smoother but I ran out of space!

Beautiful!! Great details all round, but my favourites are the white frames around the window, the awning over the verandah and the white framing inside the roof bit (above the clock).

Thanks Kristel you're always kind to notice my window details! I spend far too much time faffing on with them on every build!

Love the attention to detail, especially the round tiles! Awesome.

What a friendly looking station! It sure does welcome everyone.As other said you packed some gret details, colors and textures. Also nice village name!

Thanks Tobysan and Zblj!

Excellent work as usual Snaillad!

The white painted scrolly woodwork, the large chimneys and the corner stone work is just so perfect and in keeping with a rural UK Train Station.

Tip of the hat to you...

Thank you eurotrash, I looked through far too many imagines of rural stations and took bits I liked from various ones to make this, it was tedious research!

That`s really incredible work.

I want to see it as LEGO set!

Thanks Balthazar, very flattering!

Wow! You captured the Victorian feel very nicely! Love the cobble stone pathway! Also, I pursed your other links and I must say that your eye for detail and ability to translate that into Lego is without equal. Question, are LDD instruction available for any of those excellent vintage vehicles? I'm building a 1930's-1950's layout and those would be a great additions. Thanks!

Edited by ecmo47

I really love the atmosphere of this one.

Very nicely detailed and well thought out, as are all your creations.

Would also fit very nicely in a Winter village setting. Maybe some snow on the roof, and Bob's your uncle!

Keep clicking those bricks together!

Would also fit very nicely in a Winter village setting. Maybe some snow on the roof, and Bob's your uncle!

I agree... this would fit perfectly with the Winter Village theme.

Good work!

Found your instructions for the vehicles on eBay this morning and ordered immediately! Cant wait to get started. I would suggest that you add the word "modular" to get a little more exposure.