Kristel

MOC: Beloved Belle (Modular Building)

Thanks, everyone, for the nice comments! It really means a lot to me.

Love it! Your builds continue to impress.

I love the color scheme. It works really well. I love the detailing with the white cheese slopes. I will have to borrow that.

The old tv is spot on.

I'd love to keep building modulars, but I have a hard time finding pieces to complete anything worthwhile.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks, LegoDr! Borrow away, I say.

Good looking. Especially the botom floor looks superb. Very well balanced color scheme. And the different sized windows was a good choice if you ask me. Some degree of assymetry is always nedded. I would've perhaps done even more to enhance that assymetry, maybe varied the colors of the flowers a bit.

Gotta say your interior is excellent too. The skeleton is the icing on the (wedding) cake.

Thanks. Baby steps on the asymmetry though ... I did use different types of flowers! :sweet:

As usual a great looking Building with a great interior

My only critique would be it is very bland on the rear. Light fitting and maybe a plant would fix this. Like that you have used colours that are reasonably priced on BL.

Thanks. You're right about the back being a little bland, and I did consider having a plant up the wall but decided against it giving the number of plants on the front. However, a light fitting would in itself make a big difference.

Very majestic townhouse, congrats! Love the interiors with the great mini-builds like the tables and beds. The layout of the staircase is inspiring - that's where I always struggle when I start a build!

Thanks! Stairs can be difficult because they tend to take up a fair bit of space. There's been a few times that I've been tempted to leave them out!

Lovely bridal store there 'Kristel'......but please tell me you are not like my wife and enjoy all those wedding dress shows on Foxtel ? :laugh:

Anyway, excellent designing from yourself again 'Kristel' and Brick On ! :grin:

Thanks, LT! And no, I'm quite the opposite actually. At the risk of alienating most of the female population, I think wedding dresses are a waste of money. But that doesn't mean I can't appreciate a beautiful dress.

In my opinion, this is your best one yet. The ground floor in particular is absolutely stunning - so many subtle details with color and texture. The apartments interiors are also great in terms of layout and furnishing. As always, it's all just very clean and refined. Blogged on Brick Town Talk.

Thanks Jonathan! Great to see Brick Town Talk is back, too.

Really like the exterior details Kristel. The roof is what I envisioned for a creation I had in mind. Has a nice Parisian feel to it. :wub:

Thanks! I've been collecting images of Parisian buildings, so I think that the inspiration for the roof . A hausmann is on the list of "want to do one day".

the attic is an interesting contrast to the shop :wink:

Everything looks great, well-laid out interior.

I like it very much.

Thanks, Captain! I think one leads to the other, doesn't it?

Excellent. The bottom floor is amazing, the best part IMO. The whole building and interior details are superb, although it ended up looking so different from bilbao architecture, indeed ;)

I like it. It's elegant. It has really beautiful colors pairing...

I love the interiors, you have really been able to fit everything needed inside the apartments...

The bathrooms are great!

Very beautiful work, as always, Kristel. I am a true admirer of your work and I would employ you instantly as a designer at TLG. I think you have the skills to create buildings that are very realistic, have a fair amount of interesting building techniques but don't go over the edge with details. Truly something TLG should appreciate. Would you have an approximation of the number of pieces used for the Beloved Belle?

I especially like the residential floor window designs (might have to copy those one day...) and the ground floor facade as a whole. The number of half-stud offsets adds to the reality. The only con I can think of are the streetlights. I prefer the TLG design better – the lamp looks too blocky in my opinion.

I can't wait to see your next modular!

I stand in awe, as usual. The ground floor exterior is my favourite part.

The 'innards' are also great, as is to be expected from you.

Perhaps a bit more variation in the upper floor exteriors?

I understand you already struggled with the window asymmetry, as I would have! :laugh:

Keep clicking those bricks together!

Truly elegant, as allways Kristel. The details in the shop are spot on and the balconies' flowers add some wonderfull colour. I really like this.

Excellent. The bottom floor is amazing, the best part IMO. The whole building and interior details are superb, although it ended up looking so different from bilbao architecture, indeed ;)

I like it. It's elegant. It has really beautiful colors pairing...

I love the interiors, you have really been able to fit everything needed inside the apartments...

The bathrooms are great!

Truly elegant, as allways Kristel. The details in the shop are spot on and the balconies' flowers add some wonderfull colour. I really like this.

The style looks great, and I love the interior! All of your modular are great.

Thanks Gongoro73, kevin8, Hobbythom and CityBuilder!

Very beautiful work, as always, Kristel. I am a true admirer of your work and I would employ you instantly as a designer at TLG. I think you have the skills to create buildings that are very realistic, have a fair amount of interesting building techniques but don't go over the edge with details. Truly something TLG should appreciate. Would you have an approximation of the number of pieces used for the Beloved Belle?

I especially like the residential floor window designs (might have to copy those one day...) and the ground floor facade as a whole. The number of half-stud offsets adds to the reality. The only con I can think of are the streetlights. I prefer the TLG design better – the lamp looks too blocky in my opinion.

I can't wait to see your next modular!

Thanks finnbricker! I haven't done the plans for this one yet, but judging by the weight, my guess would be around 3,500 pieces. It's definitely one of the heaviest one I've done to date!

I stand in awe, as usual. The ground floor exterior is my favourite part.

The 'innards' are also great, as is to be expected from you.

Perhaps a bit more variation in the upper floor exteriors?

I understand you already struggled with the window asymmetry, as I would have! :laugh:

Keep clicking those bricks together!

Thanks Withacee! As I said before, "baby steps" as far as the asymmetry goes.

Really nice building! I would have loved to see the worshop of the designer on one of the levels!

Thanks! There's been a few suggestions along those lines and, if I were to start over, I think it would be just the store with a floor for bridesmaids' dresses, one for the wedding goes and the workshop for the designer and seamstresses on the top floor.

Great building. The exterior is very classic looking. The detail in your apartments is amazing too. Those old TVs were ghastly big boxes. It's a nice touch putting one of those in.

Great building. The exterior is very classic looking. The detail in your apartments is amazing too. Those old TVs were ghastly big boxes. It's a nice touch putting one of those in.

Thanks Sean! I felt like this apartment belonged to a little old lady, so a modern TV wouldn't be right.

Very nice! Your interiors are so perfect. I really like the large dressing room.

Thanks, Eliza! I think a large dressing room is required to be able to manoeuvre with the large wedding gowns.

Great Building as always Kristel! :grin: It went in a different direction on the exterior since you based it on a Spanish building, but it looks just as great as any of your other buildings! Love the interior detail and shop on the first floor. very classy and fancy looking :grin: and it looks like they sell very expensive dresses too! :tongue:

Once again, you created a stunning building. I know I'm late on comments, but I've been eyeing this beauty on Flickr for a while. There are so many wonderful details and the building is a great inspiration for all the modular builders out there. You have a great feeling for the colour scheme - it's very classy, and the architecture is wonderful with all the textures, colours and depths.

This is a magnificent build with lots of nice details.

@ADGonline: Thanks for returning this beautiful MOC to the first page. I hadn't seen it before. Your variant looks good, too.