Kristel

MOC: Beloved Belle (Modular Building)

I would like to present my newest modular building, the Beloved Belle, which is named after the wedding dress shop on the ground floor. There are also two fully furnished apartments that are accessed via the rear of the building.

The building was inspired by the balconies of beautiful Bilbao, Spain, but I think the overall look ended up quite different.

15236658983_2b34126327_c.jpg

A closer look at the shop front:

15855672722_466390e773_c.jpg

The back:

15855661242_43067e776d_c.jpg

The wedding dress shop:

15830460556_7751803dc6_c.jpg

First floor apartment:

15668913010_57010c0422_c.jpg

(The box thingie with an antenna is meant to be an old-fashioned TV)

Second floor apartment:

15668898480_a40802b636_c.jpg

The attic, which hasn't been opened in a while:

15668723888_aa8718deb0_c.jpg

This building is my first corner building. It is also the first one where the features (i.e. windows) are not symmetrical, which took quite a bit of internal struggle before I was able to cope with it!!

More images on flickr. C&C welcome!

Love it! Your builds continue to impress.

I love the color scheme. It works really well. I love the detailing with the white cheese slopes. I will have to borrow that.

The old tv is spot on.

I'd love to keep building modulars, but I have a hard time finding pieces to complete anything worthwhile.

Keep up the good work!

Good looking. Especially the botom floor looks superb. Very well balanced color scheme. And the different sized windows was a good choice if you ask me. Some degree of assymetry is always nedded. I would've perhaps done even more to enhance that assymetry, maybe varied the colors of the flowers a bit.

Gotta say your interior is excellent too. The skeleton is the icing on the (wedding) cake.

Edited by bjorn77

It is a good thing to go asymmetrical. It brings more variation into your builds.

As usual a great looking Building with a great interior

My only critique would be it is very bland on the rear. Light fitting and maybe a plant would fix this. Like that you have used colours that are reasonably priced on BL.

Very majestic townhouse, congrats! Love the interiors with the great mini-builds like the tables and beds. The layout of the staircase is inspiring - that's where I always struggle when I start a build!

Lovely bridal store there 'Kristel'......but please tell me you are not like my wife and enjoy all those wedding dress shows on Foxtel ? :laugh:

Anyway, excellent designing from yourself again 'Kristel' and Brick On ! :grin:

Lovely build! I like the ground floor especially, im sure it'll look great amongst your layout of other excellent modulars!

What a sumptuous looking building Kristel! The color combo is perfect for a Bridal gown shop and it has some lovely interior details.

Another winner.

In my opinion, this is your best one yet. The ground floor in particular is absolutely stunning - so many subtle details with color and texture. The apartments interiors are also great in terms of layout and furnishing. As always, it's all just very clean and refined. Blogged on Brick Town Talk.

Lots of nice details, very nice job. I like the shower enclosure idea and the dress rack idea. Thanks for sharing your design! The skeleton in the attic, with the bottle..haha nice touch too.

Really like the exterior details Kristel. The roof is what I envisioned for a creation I had in mind. Has a nice Parisian feel to it. :wub:

This is very nice, Kristel. Your modulars continue to impress!

The changing room is even large enough for a mini fig bride!

Andy D

Edited by Andy D