Sign in to follow this  
Cmay91472

MOC Rocket Racoon Warbird

Hi, this is my first MOC. Picked up the Rocket Racoon polybag over the weekend and was going to build a Warbird using the SDCC set instructions. However, that set looks nothing like the actual ship so wanted to build one closer to the actual artwork I've seen online of the ship.

LEGO Rocket Racoon Warbird

LEGO Guardians of the Galaxy

post-129892-0-28724900-1416594503_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cmay91472

Nice MOC! I'd love to see more pics!

Thanks. Here is one next to the official Milano for scale. Didn't realize the Warbird was going to turn out so big. I only recently started building with Legos when my son started asking for sets. A few months later I found myself buying sets of my own. I've customized a couple Iron Man gantry models using official Legos and stabilizing the shoddy design of the unofficial bootlegs, but this was really my first model that I needed to design myself.

post-129892-0-33212900-1416595673_thumb.jpg

Thanks for all of the positive feedback so far. I finally had time to upload some hi-res images with side, top down and rear shots of the Warbird.

LEGO Guardians of the Galaxy

Thanks for looking.

Edited by Cmay91472

Nice! What're you using as a stand to hold the Milano up? Also, nice iron man gallery on the shelf below!

Nice! What're you using as a stand to hold the Milano up? Also, nice iron man gallery on the shelf below!

Thanks! The Milano is actually sitting on a small clear acrylic container that I found at Target in store in their kitchen storage container aisle. Cost about $4.00 if I recall. It's about 10 inches long, 2 inches wide and 3 inches high. It works really well for models with long and narrow hulls like the Milano and Benny's spaceship which I originally bought them for due to the sheer length of the ship. I essentially flip the container over and rest the ships narrow hull on the bottom of the container. Added bonus is that the container has small rubber pads that prevent the ships from sliding around so I can move the container back and forth and the ships stay firmly in place.

Thanks! The Milano is actually sitting on a small clear acrylic container that I found at Target in store in their kitchen storage container aisle. Cost about $4.00 if I recall. It's about 10 inches long, 2 inches wide and 3 inches high. It works really well for models with long and narrow hulls like the Milano and Benny's spaceship which I originally bought them for due to the sheer length of the ship. I essentially flip the container over and rest the ships narrow hull on the bottom of the container. Added bonus is that the container has small rubber pads that prevent the ships from sliding around so I can move the container back and forth and the ships stay firmly in place.

Ah, cool, I'll have to keep that in mind next time I'm at Target!