Ahoy,

I am still struggling to keep up to the goal of "one MOC per week", but I have something which is somewhat presentable:

A Walk in the Park The Jungle Adventure! :pir-grin:

jungleadventure1.jpg

jungleadventure2.jpg

jungleadventure3.jpg

This is actually a part of the storyline I am working on.

I fear I need to retake the pictures for that purpose - the lighting has not worked out as intended :pir-sceptic:

(and I probably shouldn't mention this not to spoil it for everyone... :pir-laugh: )

It has been quiet comment-wise on this forum, so I will be happy to read your comments!

--- update ---

dschungel2_2.jpg

Edited by Captain Braunsfeld

Hmmm, the stream looks great. However the build should be on a 72 by 72 plate, not 48 by 48. With the extra space you could add more trees and functions

Are the 2x2 dome bricks supposed to be flowers?

I like the jungle foil age, especially the use of the old styled palm tree leaves.

I have mixed feelings about it. Foliage is great but I expect it to be more dense in a jungle. And the river seems "too regulated" - straight, and blue, which suggests clarity. Not what you find in a jungle. I would add more foliage (if you have the bricks...) and deregulate the river. There is no trans-brown ;) so the colour needs to stay (or trans green, maybe?)

Edited by Mestari

Awesome :classic:

The vegetation of your jungle is really perfect, it's quite accurate and lovely seeing all those different plants.

The croc is also a nice detail :wink: .

Fantastic work!

Edited by Balbo

This is a great little build :thumbup:

The foliage is nice, but I'm not quite shure about those 2x2 domes, just an thought. Otherwise very nice. I really like the stream, somehow it looks like it's actually flowing. I'm just missing the wild angry aztec/maya jumping from the bushes pirate_wink.gif .

Everything looks good, but I agree that you should make the river not so straight because then it looks like a road. And maybe some more transparent blue bricks to represent waves. I've also noticed a green snake in a bush.

I am happy to see so many comments. pirate_satisfied.gifpirate_satisfied.gifpirate_satisfied.gif

The number of comments sometimes seems to be related to the effort that went into the MOC. At other times, I am just surprised (I had expected more feedback on the island MOC).

So, having admitted that I was not happy with the pictures, I have taken some new ones (and have edited the initial post).

More will follow below, but now let me answer to your comments:

Are the 2x2 dome bricks supposed to be flowers?

Yes. pirate_laugh2.gif

Being inspired by other MOCs I have seen I wanted to try this out. You know, it's a jungle. Everything can be found in there!

... the river seems "too regulated" - straight, and blue, which suggests clarity. ... There is no trans-brown ;) so the colour needs to stay (or trans green, maybe?)

The river is supposed to be fast flowing. Trans green is a nice idea for a swamp. Unfortunately, all I have is trans blue... pirate_laugh_new.gif

This is a great little build :thumbup:

I really like the stream, somehow it looks like it's actually flowing. I'm just missing the wild angry aztec/maya jumping from the bushes pirate_wink.gif .

You are right. The river is flowing.

This MOC is supposed to be part of a longer storyline - however, aztecs and mayas will not appear (in the first chapters).

Everything looks good, but I agree that you should make the river not so straight because then it looks like a road. And maybe some more transparent blue bricks to represent waves. I've also noticed a green snake in a bush.

Yepp. Snake hanging from the bush/tree. pirate_laugh2.gif

The river actually moves a bit from left to right and back, but being covered by the plants this effect just disappears in the final MOC.

"Waves" - maybe. Maybe next time.

So, one more new photo:

dschungel2_3.jpg

And this became a bit blueish:

dschungel2_1.jpg

Nice build cap.B, you did a good job of improving those old school blue flowers by adding the rounds on top. I used them before and they don't look very good alone. And he white background results in much better photos IMO.

Edited by Dubbadgrim

Ah, lovely jungle bungle...

But isn't the discussion missing the point? The question is "Where are all the monkeys gone?" isn't it? So maybe there is some danger in that water, no matter how invitingly blue it seams :sick::dblush: