Sign in to follow this  
vitreolum

Siege of Ceòbanach Dùn - Chapter III C

I was honestly expecting this to be my worst build of the three, but it turned out well in the end. Had trouble with the ground, as I ran out of parts fast there and ended up using more colors and styles than I wanted.

Would like to claim UoP credit for:

- wall technique 3

- siege

- fortifications

- tree 2

15844114545_9c7186b85d_c.jpg

15833140891_bb5af1d868_c.jpg

Edited by vitreolum

Great build, vitreolum!

The subtle curve in the wall is fantastic! I also like that trebuchet and the wall, foliage, and stones. The minifigures work well: the dwarves have some nice variation and the Drow look like Drow to me.

A story to go with this build would certainly be nice.

Brick on, vitreolum!

Fantastic work as always Vitreolum! So much to appreciate here - the subtle curve to the wall, the inserted sand green and light bley tiles and the surrounding foliage really turn this into a top notch entry. The trebuchet, however, really takes the cake here. One of the best I've ever seen in LEGO. Nicely compact but no sacrifice of details. Superb man!

The mossy fallen tree is really good, in fact that whole area of terrain looks fantastic! Nice work on the trebuchet as well, good use for Infearno's head thing!

Edit: +1 for the UoP credits.

Edited by Kai NRG

Excellent wall and landscape, vitreolum, but, as mentioned above, the trebuchet is really what makes this build stand out :wink::thumbup:

I did think Category C was supposed to be a series of builds, though. Does that mean one is good, but you have the option of doing more or does it mean you're supposed to do more than one?

Very nice siege equipment, and great diorama overall! I especially like the ground close to the wall a lot :classic:

Definitely UoP +1 for wall, siege and fortifications...but where is the tree?

Edited by Gideon

Beautiful build! The wall texture is perfect, did you use jumper plates to do the protruding parts, or are they just regular tiles? Whatever it is it looks very nice! That trebuchet also looks great! Awesome job on the ground texture too. This is a bit random, but one I think looks particularly cool is how the indentations in the wall look like they are where a window used to be, and they've now been walled up, giving it a very old fortress feel. :thumbup:

Thanks a lot everyone. :)

@mccoyed My aim is to make 2 builds for it, this and a small vig with the dwarves building the trebuchet. I've actually done that a while ago, but I can't find the picture, I guess I deleted it. Still it was really lame so I'm not too bothered.

@Gideon The tree trunk near the wall. It's the technique I used here: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=101889

@Hammerhand They're tiles, this allows them to be only about 1/4 out, using jumper plates would make them halway out.

Lovely siege scene :wub: The wall texturing and design is superb, the recessed sections look especially neat :thumbup:

Amazing trebuchet and landscape too :classic:

Pictures are missing right now.... some problem in Flickr?

Just click on his Flickr link below. The images are in his photostream. He probably needs to redo the BBCode link from the album.

Edited by gedren_y

I must have missed the Flickr link before. Excellent MOC!!!

+1 UoP DoH all claims

Excellent moc as said by other! The trebuchet is mind blowing! :wub: I want to build things like that!!! :angry: :wink: