5 hours ago, Jaco said:

I have a script for a few LPub commands:

I comment out "macro:setHint" as it was an example. For your code to use the hints you need to remove the double minus signs in front of them.

I have made several other tweeks here and there, this is how it looks now:

40343510063_12fe8acd58_c.jpg

I'm especially glad that the current step highlight can be modified, because I had troubles locating it all the time. I have made folders for all parts I use regularly, so I don't have to go into main catalogue at all. I also had to rename some parts, I have no idea why ldraw uses such weird names for tires, for example 62,4mm tire is named "Tyre 20/ 64 x 37 S". I couldn't find any common tire there so I had modified all .dat files and gave them proper names.

I still have to make some bigger project from scratch so maybe I will find more things that would be good to change, but so far I'm happy. Maybe a small part annotation in part bin would be good, esp. on long axles and liftarms.

How do I search for some part across the whole library? Am I missing something obvious? The filtering option only search through current category, but when I know part number and don't know category I'm srewed. I have to open ldraw library, look for the dat file and read the category from it, not very effective. I was looking for part 24947 and found it under "sphere". I know that BL list it under round bricks and would find it immediately in studio. This is very confusing, I wish ldraw would adapt to BL categorizing

9 hours ago, Ivan_M said:

How do I search for some part across the whole library? Am I missing something obvious? The filtering option only search through current category, but when I know part number and don't know category I'm srewed. I have to open ldraw library, look for the dat file and read the category from it, not very effective. I was looking for part 24947 and found it under "sphere". I know that BL list it under round bricks and would find it immediately in studio. This is very confusing, I wish ldraw would adapt to BL categorizing

Does the following achieve what you are looking for?

1. Referencing your LDCAD image two posts up, click on the "bent" upwards pointing arrow in the parts bin. Keep clicking until the parts bin "Main Group" is showing.
  2. Click on the "minifig holding a magnifying glass" icon in the parts bin
  3. Click on the text in the parts bin which says "[no filter]"
  4. Tick the "Name" checkbox within the "Match" control group
  5. Enter the part number you are looking for (e.g. 32123) in the field labelled "text" and click the "Accept" command button
  6. The parts bin will then display the part (or parts) matching the given part number

My apologies if I have misunderstood your question.

David

also if you always want to include the part numbers in filter searches, use the bottom right button in the filter dialog to make it the default trough the "Apply to all and set as default" option.

22 hours ago, djm said:

Thank you, this is it. I somehow expected to be able to search the library from any bin. I didn't realize the filtering option is different from search, makes sense :classic:

I released the 1.6c version.

It's mostly bug fixes but also some minor new features like:

• File cleanup templates
  • Part bin export
  • Scripting api extensions (I also decided to open up the lua 'io' module.
  • Some new scripted macros including some MLCad 'HIDE' tools.
  • New, 1802, templates, also tweaks some existing ones to be more consistent with their static counter parts.
  • Snap and mirror info for, most of, the 1802 library.

Download it at the usual place:

http://www.melkert.net/LDCad/download

You can also use the windows setup version to upgrade the version installed by the LDraw All-In-One installer, given you used that program's default installation location.

HI,

i made a personal tweak to version 1.6b to allow multiple instalces of LDCAD to run with multiple instances on the same computer either sharing the same file (but different submodels for example) between instances, or having different files in each instance, and to also have ctrl+a support in the parts search dialog box.

Maybe you could include these two features in the latest verion (which is 1.6c at this time)

Edited by SNIPE

I don't mind the hack, but it isn't necessary. There are options for this in the LDCad.cfg file.

It is located at the main exe's location for installed version but you can also create one for the standalone version aslong the .cfg has the same name as the exe (e.g. LDCad32.cfg if you're using LDCad32.exe)

The file controls some environmental options like where to find the user depended stuff etc.

It's default contents only hold things that differ from the default, but all other options are documented here:

http://www.melkert.net/LDCad/tech/config

The ones you're interested in are " ipcIDStr " and " useSingleInstance"

Use useSingleInstance=false to disable the feature.

Use different text for ipcIDStr to allow different versions of the program to run at once but still keep single instances of each of them.

18 hours ago, Philo said:
LDCad Universal joint placement helper script was heaven sent for this model!

Care to elaborate? This souds very helpful! Not that I mind dusting off my trigonometric skill from time to time, but you know..

\\Edit: never mind, I have found out your video on YT and link to LDraw forum with the script:

https://forums.ldraw.org/thread-23697-post-34178.html#pid34178

Very handy!

Edited by Ivan_M

I've released the 1.6d version of LDCad.

Bug fixes, tweaks and some minor new features.

Highlights:
Alternative GUI templates (donated by Miguel Reizinho).
Snapping information for the 190X library and many additional (requested) parts.
Additional MLCad and technic macros
Some new (gui related options and tweaks).

See the changeLog.txt file for all changes.

I wanted to do a bit more, but decided 1.6d was long overdue.

As always the latest version is here:
http://www.melkert.net/LDCad/download

@ Moderators

Should I keep digging up this old thread for updates, or just start new topics in the future ?

53 minutes ago, roland said:

@ Moderators

Should I keep digging up this old thread for updates, or just start new topics in the future ?

Speaking as someone who is subscribed to this thread, I appreciate it when you post updates here.

7 hours ago, Classicsmiley said:

Speaking as someone who is subscribed to this thread, I appreciate it when you post updates here.

This I can fully agree.

@roland thank you for the new Version

Edited by Neuenk

1 hour ago, mariakala said:

Windows blocks the installer :(

What is the message?

Normally it only shows a warning about it being from a unknown publisher, but you can tell it to install anyway.

Or are you on a (windows pro) machine with higher security enabled?

As a last resort you could try the archive version and run it in a sandbox application windows does trust (e.g. comodo).

On 4/5/2020 at 11:01 PM, roland said:

Snapping information for the 190X library and many additional (requested) parts.

What parts/gui items are new?

On 4/24/2020 at 3:52 PM, mariakala said:

Windows blocks the installer :(

Right Click on the installer exe and under the 'general' tab , click unblock > apply > ok.

If the error is blue and says 'windows protected your PC' click on 'more info' then click 'run anyway' however run anyway sometimes will not show at all if the system administrator has configured certain security settings.

Also try LDCAD 1.6d portable instead? this does not have an installer exe.

Edited by SNIPE

18 hours ago, SNIPE said:

What parts/gui items are new?

Most of the parts released in the LDraw 2019 library updates.

4 hours ago, roland said:

Most of the parts released in the LDraw 2019 library updates.

I don't understand, ldraw is not LDCAD nor does it come with ldraw in the installer/zip

Edited by SNIPE

11 minutes ago, SNIPE said:

I don't understand, ldraw is not LDCAD nor does it come with ldraw in the installer/zip

LDCad is an LDraw model editor,. The means all the bricks you see are drawn/modeled by the ldraw.org community.

But those parts don't include snapping information, I add that myself on a per part basis. I usually do this in sync with the ldraw library updates.

Oh ok cool, I thought the part snapping was part of the LDRAW library.

I need some help. I want to render my MOC made in LDCad with a transparent background for the front page of the building instructions. I know Stud.io can do this, I have done it before, but Stud.io can not work with the flex axles used in my MOC.

What tool do you recommend that can work with LDCad's flex axle Models and render the model with a transparent background? I need a tutorial as well :o

Thanks for your help in advance :)

LDCad can do a OpenGL (png) or POV-Ray export.for the model currently being edited. Available in the file menu (1.6d) or alt+e

The upcoming 1.7 version will also have an (experimental) blender export.

LDView offers some export options too, and there are a number of LDraw tools that can do an assortment of 'a to b' conversions on any LDraw file.

There are also some Blender import plugins available (from the maintainer of mecabricks).

Just do a generic search on the format you want +ldraw to find what you need or visit ldraw.org for some getting started pointers etc.

@roland I might have found an issue in LDCad 1.6d (or I have just corrupted my file somehow...): When I mouse-over the "I" (info) button in the lower right corner of the model view window, I get an instant CTD... It only happens with 1 specific model, which has A LOT of pneumatic tubing in it. I never had this with version 1.6c which I had installed until a few weeks ago, or with any other models I am working on in 1.6d. All tubing was made inside LDCad using the templates in nested mode and sub-models.

I can send you the file over PM if you want, as I do not want to share it publicly (it is not my design, I am only making the instructions for another EB-member).