Okay.... I am already super-backed up on projects and cannot take on another....but someone absolutely needs to make this machine!

in LEGO!

That ground clearance though... it's practically unstoppable :devil: , This would be an awesome model. I would like to see a variant with the rear snow tracks. :thumbup:

I was thinking the same thing. Also, it would be easy to strap little balloons or bags to the outside, just like in the video, to make the thing amphibious

This would be perfect with the new tumbler front tires. :grin::thumbup:

it does look like another product of Wayne Enterprises!

How is this any different than existing off road trucks like the Unimog? Seems like they just put on balloon tires and a cool body with epic music and are marketing it as a sort of new vehicle.

I added this vehicle to my wishlist some time ago, and I'll probably only buy Power Puller wheels (if and) when the vehicle is done. I still prefer those to the new tumbler tires.

But since it may well take me a decade or two, I'd love to see it done by anyone meanwhile :)

How is this any different than existing off road trucks like the Unimog? Seems like they just put on balloon tires and a cool body with epic music and are marketing it as a sort of new vehicle.

Hmm... yea kinda disagree. I see this as much different than the unimog. The fact that the body is different is part of the point. The tires-forward body along with swept-back front allows this vehicle to have such big tires w/o raising the center of gravity too much. If you place the same tires on the unimog, the center of gravity would be so high that it would just tipover too easily. Chassis is likely much more different as well.

It makes Fiat Multipla look pretty.

Yikes! Just looked this vehicle up.... super ugly... please no one try to build this little bug splat :)

Sariel, by your comment I guess you think the Gheo is ugly? Yea, purely aesthetically i guess... but wonderfully handsome in a in-the-trenches, football lineman, ruby-tackling, broken-nose-boxer-type of way :)

I actually like the aesthetics of the Gheo Rescue, it may not be pretty but it looks cool in its own way.

Hmm... yea kinda disagree. I see this as much different than the unimog. The fact that the body is different is part of the point. The tires-forward body along with swept-back front allows this vehicle to have such big tires w/o raising the center of gravity too much. If you place the same tires on the unimog, the center of gravity would be so high that it would just tipover too easily. Chassis is likely much more different as well.

There isn't anything in the video that an unimog couldn't do besides the pitifully slow amphibious thing. Just seems like any other off road truck.

They do motorsports vehicles too. It's an interesting one but there are many more all terrain vehicles out there. It's not a favourite of mine.

H

Note to self: Must get tumbler wheels.

Edited by Horace T

There isn't anything in the video that an unimog couldn't do besides the pitifully slow amphibious thing. Just seems like any other off road truck.

hmmm.... I am no pro but kinda disagree. The balloon tires give it more surface area. 'Mogs have relatively narrow tires and are known to sink b/c of them. Also, the center of gravity of this beast is lower. Although 'mogs are torque beasts, they can also flip at extremely high inclines, especially if on an angle.

hmmm.... I am no pro but kinda disagree. The balloon tires give it more surface area. 'Mogs have relatively narrow tires and are known to sink b/c of them. Also, the center of gravity of this beast is lower. Although 'mogs are torque beasts, they can also flip at extremely high inclines, especially if on an angle.

I watched some off roading umimog videos, there was equal/worse terrain that they made it through just fine. Plus I'm sure there are other trucks out there, like Tatra ones, that can do the same.

I watched some off roading umimog videos, there was equal/worse terrain that they made it through just fine. Plus I'm sure there are other trucks out there, like Tatra ones, that can do the same.

Watching videos is one thing my friend. Physics and data are quite another :) More horsepower, wider tires and a lower center of gravity. Whomever has those..... is going to win. And the 'mog could not pull that landrover out of the snow like is done in some of the videos for this machine. I love the 'mog too friend, but I think this machine adds something new.

Just realized, hadn't seen the video opening this topic, which features I few things I hadn't seen (e.g. top rear wheels).

Also realized, some of you might not have seen GRIP's review of this car. It's in German but what you can see is probably enough :innocent2:

surely by that logic, since designs for 1940's jeeps exist, there is no reason for anyone to ever make something new....

Sure, the unimog might be able to do similar things, but then there'd be little use for those piles of spare tumbler wheels we've all got lying around :laugh: