Hinckley

10246 Detective's Office

That looks also really, very promising.. I already like it as how it is now, but with additional floors, it will look even better! Getting rid of the sidewalls is still a thing i should do with my double petshop... but after 2 years, i do not think that is going to happen soon...so one advice.. start with the barbershop before you proceed with the extra floors! Dark red is an excellent color to use here.. It could make the whole building match good with the Fire Brigade...!! I'm looking forward to your progress... it is so inspiring to see what people do with this set....there are so many possibilities!!

Finnbricker - If you really wanted to mirror the original design, you should use the new dark red masonry bricks from the Pirates line. Granted the 1x4 doesn't exist yet, but otherwise that might look really sharp.

Finnbricker - If you really wanted to mirror the original design, you should use the new dark red masonry bricks from the Pirates line. Granted the 1x4 doesn't exist yet, but otherwise that might look really sharp.

Well, that surely would be something! I have a bunch of 1x2s from PAB walls already, but at least for the facade those masonry bricks would be great – provided that the price is bearable. Thanks for the tip!

Getting rid of the sidewalls is still a thing i should do with my double petshop... but after 2 years, i do not think that is going to happen soon...so one advice.. start with the barbershop before you proceed with the extra floors!

I know too well what you are talking about... I have a corner modular, where I combine the Friends corner bakery and Olivia's house, and it's been a WIP since summer 2013...

Looks good, finnbricker, looking forward to the final result.

I started planning my MOD of DO in LDD (haven't bought it yet, waiting for the double VIP). It will use two sets plus lots of extra parts.

I finally decided on doing a redesign that will make fit better with PS/PR/CC/GG and my Record Store (-> http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=105624 ).

Looks good, finnbricker, looking forward to the final result.

I started planning my MOD of DO in LDD (haven't bought it yet, waiting for the double VIP). It will use two sets plus lots of extra parts.

I finally decided on doing a redesign that will make fit better with PS/PR/CC/GG and my Record Store (-> http://www.eurobrick...howtopic=105624 ).

will you change the colors of your DO MOD as well?

I just finished my DO the other day and while I was doing it I had my Go Pro 3 taking pictures and I created a time-lapse video of it and have it posted to my YouTube channel.

Here is the link:

the roof mod looks the best right now out of all other mods.

I've never seen another modular released thus far that has had so many people completing enhancing it since release.

Agreed. Its simple design, allows for mods or even left alone. Its the only one I actually want to buy.

I really like DrJoseph's roof conversion mod. It preserves the look of the building while solving the height disparity issue - and even manages to look like the sort of addition that would be made to a real building- rather than a total rebuild or change of the original structure.

1AqLna2l.jpg

Anyone else get the feeling they're suffering from 'double vision' when looking at some of the 2-set mods? :)

Edited by Missing Brick

These are just very quick teaser-style shots. And I apologize for the horrible quality. My iPhone was probably not developed with Lego photos in mind. *huh* But all in all, a double-DO fits the modular street quite nicely. I do hope, however, that we get a larger building in 2016.

640x434.jpg

640x275.jpg

When I complete the double-DO, I'll take better shots and I'll show you the meth lab with some gangstas hanging outside the lab in the hallway as well.

Finally got myself one of these the other day. Great set and great parts pack, definatly the best set of 2015 so far (only things I know of that might top this would be Ideas sets)

I really like DrJoseph's roof conversion mod. It preserves the look of the building while solving the height disparity issue

I think the difference in height between buildings adds interest to the streetscape.

The 'stepped' masonry, brown, blue mod earlier takes this to another level as well. Although I agree if you are after a more European look then equal heights and a sharply angled (as opposed to flat) roofline would be more desirable.

Edited by dr_sarcophagus

How long does this stay exclusive to Lego for? I'm wondering when it will hit Toy's R Us or Amazon (I'm in the UK) as I have vouchers to use up!

I think Nacho means "sold only through the Lego site and LEgo shops".

It can sometimes take a while before other stores like TRU or Amazon get new sets, in some countries.

In Australia Myer will have it locally in two weeks. About 6 months after release. I am going to buy 3 . Two for the building and 1 for parts. They will have free extended lay-by as well so its a good time to buy.

That looks great...and it gives a lot more playability in making a setup from ones modulars....!!!

I have to agree, I like it a lot, too, especially the blue half.

On the Detectiv'e Office, I would've stuck to the original window configuration, since I find the 4-wide wall inbetween the two windows a bit off putting.

...Man, I'm so itchy to start on my own mod & accompanying MOC. I have all the pieces here, but just can't seem to find the time to get going right now. Though I have to say, I wouldn't spend a lot of time hunched over Lego building in the current heat wave we have here anyway, even if I had the time.

Like others I bought two DOs. I wanted the Highlander to be a pub with a bar.

This is what I came up with.

19438740276_d3bf645143_b.jpg

19277230718_a7ecf4d119_b.jpg

Access to the Detective's Office and apartment on the first floor is down the alleyway.

19278676759_1a4df77300_b.jpg

18842306594_1d86d31609_b.jpg

The Highlander has a bar, toilet, a few tables, pool table, and darts area.

The upstairs interior is still a work in progress.

I've only been using parts from the two sets, no extras.

Al is working at the ticket counter in the Palace Cinema.

More photos on Flickr https://www.flickr.c...th/18842306594/

Edited by SeanJFry