Sign in to follow this  
Remus_Lupin

Could somebody check my parts list for motorizing 10173 Holiday Train

I have pieced together 10173 over the last year and now I'm looking to motorize the train. I've read all the threads here on Eurobricks about motorizing it, but most topics seem to be about converting it to PF. I am more inclined to go down the 9v route because it looks more straight forward with less required mods to make it work.

With that in mind, I have compiled a list of the required 9v parts. I was hoping somebody could check the list to make sure that I am not missing anything (see attached screenshot).

Thanks in advance.

post-18180-0-28859600-1416421198_thumb.jpg

It's hard to see the graphics on my screen but I think you need 8 more curves to complete the oval.

9V is a good idea, I've considered motorizing my holiday train, and there's no easy place for the battery box to go

You've got everything there, you just might want a bit (read "a lot") more track to have a decent sized layout. A simple oval get mighty boring after a while, trust me.

Hi,

Just wondering if the trans travel better on the metal ones or the plastic ones work fine ?

Power Function trains run on either the plastic or metal rails. (battery powered)

9v trains need the metal rails to run. (powered by the rails)

Hope this helps!

You've got everything there, you just might want a bit (read "a lot") more track to have a decent sized layout. A simple oval get mighty boring after a while, trust me.

Thank you. I'll pick up as much track as I can afford!