Sign in to follow this  
senteosan

LEGO IDEAS: Jurassic Park

Hi all,

I'm a long time lurker, first time poster! I would like to introduce my Lego Ideas project, Jurassic Park.

I submitted this project to Lego Ideas originally already back in August 2013. The project gathered supporters fairly quickly but unfortunately it got archived because of the licensing issues between Lego and JP franchise. As we know now Lego has got back the license for Jurassic Park and the projects are again allowed. Some maybe think this Idea may be needless as Lego have already announced Lego sets based JP for the next year, however let's keep in mind that those sets are most likely based to new movie "Jurassic World" and its characters and scenery. My idea is for those who want to see set and minifigures from original 1993 movie "Jurassic Park"! :) I have always thought this as a display piece, like Lego UCS -style collectible item but there certainly is a lot play value here too.

So if you like idea, please add your support! I would also appreciate it very much.

Link to the project: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/83161

PS. I made a short animation using elements from this idea (one of my favorite scenes from Jurassic Park):

T-rex 360 degrees:

1642834-o_194pocb72qn217tg1dmt2541t907-full.jpg

1642849-o_194poej6g3crhfm1g006n24pbh-full.jpg

1642864-o_194pp18ftb8tkqq1noe1h7bjst7-full.jpg

1642885-o_194ppulph192k1eb116fi1re3lmeh-full.png

Cheers,

Sami Mustonen

Hi and welcome, I think a lot of people on here will know about your project I have already supported. I dont think you need a lot of help you will get to 10,000 soon but I am sure people will like to chat to you. I would love to see both my favourite film as a kid made into sets next year with JP and Jaws which is 40 next year and has a good project on ideas.

That Rex is truly one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen in my life. I mean, the whole thing is fantastic, but that Rex really steals the show! Good luck on Ideas!

The Rex is very impressing. Well done and heavily detailed. Congrats!

Since they are releasing Jurassic World sets next year, a classic Jurassic Park set would be a nice touch

We are getting Jurassic sets soon. Don't get too excited about it.

I'm not sure I get your point. The fact that we're getting sets means we shouldn't be excited about this...? Where's the logic there?

They are releasing a Jurassic Park theme (or Jurassic World whatever it is called). And because of that, I don't see any Jurassic related stuff succeeding in Ideas.

Don't get me wrong though, I've backed your project last month actually. :D It is good but it wouldn't have a chance unfortunately.

Thank you everybody for your kind words, your comments are all encouraging. Very much appreciated!

They are releasing a Jurassic Park theme (or Jurassic World whatever it is called). And because of that, I don't see any Jurassic related stuff succeeding in Ideas.

Sorry I don't understand your logic either, so you think ideas with already existing license won't be made? Because I think it's just the opposite, for example situation like this would be great opportunity for Lego Group without additional costs for licensing.

And supported! :thumbup:

I really love this project, especially the T-Rex. I would love to see all the newly colored parts that are part of your project, such as the reddish brown bracket in the T-Rex's snout and lower jaw, the dark tan binoculars and the yellowish green chassis of the Jurassic Park jeep. I would love to see this project being produced with all these parts in it. Great for landscaping! :wub:

I sincerely hope your project achieves 10,000 supporters, gets approved and produced. I'd buy it in a heartbeat if it resembles anything like your project. I wish you the best of luck!

That is absolutely spot on perfect. I didn't buy the Delorean and I did not (yet) buy the Ecto 1, but I'd love to get this as a set.

Congratulations for the 10000 supporters!

I think the actual set could be the car and the Rex. I don't know about the gate.