Sign in to follow this  
Dunkleosteus

Arbiter - 80 gun ship of the line

pirates-indexed.gif LDD/MLCad 14A

Ahoy, Gentlemen!

This beautiful windy evening a majestic 80 gun ship spreads its' white sails in the name of justice. There is only one place where you can afford feeling safe - on board of this personification of the law, of course!

You can find the ship here:

Ship of the line Arbiter

About 5 days and 3 sleepless nights :pir_wacko:

15,000 pieces, crying netbook...

know that stern looks a bit too narrow, but I could not resist a passion of curves :pir-classic:

Monsieur Kolonialbeamter was so kind to help me with rendering of this beauty - many thanks to him :pir-classic:

Here are some stuff:

arbiter_stuff.png

In fact, this ship for me is a new step in shipbuilding, beginning the next era :pir_laugh2:

evolution_of_the_ships_03.jpg

From facepalming shame to less shame and then Arbiter! :pir-classic:

In fact, after Arbiter two more ships has happened to me. But we'll talk about them later, so they are mercilessly shaded.

Thanks for watching!

Edited by Dunkleosteus
INDEXED

Nice! You have some really interesting designs. If you have any of these uploaded to flickr, it would be great to be able to fave!

Amazing - perfect!

Hats off to you and this beautiful model of a ship.

It is a ship of its own class - Arbeiter-Klasse pir_laugh2.gif

(sorry, a joke for the German-speaking members)

Seriously: Fantastic work, I am really impressed and I am still wondering about the curvature of the hull - how have you managed this?

The red tiles on the sides also work out quite well. (Probably useful to hide some "lego sins").

I am not doing to much with LDD, so, my question is whether the flags and sails would just fall apart when being done in real bricks or is there some mechanism to link them which I could not see?

Anyway: bottomline feedback is: WOW!

Nice! You have some really interesting designs. If you have any of these uploaded to flickr, it would be great to be able to fave!

Thank you!

Unfortunately, I still have no flickr, shame on me(

Amazing - perfect!

Hats off to you and this beautiful model of a ship.

It is a ship of its own class - Arbeiter-Klasse pir_laugh2.gif

(sorry, a joke for the German-speaking members)

Seriously: Fantastic work, I am really impressed and I am still wondering about the curvature of the hull - how have you managed this?

The red tiles on the sides also work out quite well. (Probably useful to hide some "lego sins").

I am not doing to much with LDD, so, my question is whether the flags and sails would just fall apart when being done in real bricks or is there some mechanism to link them which I could not see?

Anyway: bottomline feedback is: WOW!

Vielen Dank! pir_laugh2.gif

The mystery of the curvature is quite simple and not even worth nine pesos pirate_classic.gif Hinge plates + rocker bearings + gradation. Actually the implementation of the technology is not perfect in this ship, cause it was the first on which I tested these techniques. Nice that you are interested in this.

Red "stripe" is good for "leading" your eyes through the curvature of the hull, smoothing usual lego edges pirate_classic.gif (first time has been applied to the ship Cornetto)

And yes, flags & sails compensate the absence of fabric in the program, so they are hanging in the cold air, as well as anchors. Everything else is attached and can be recreated in real bricks.

Impressive, when you think you start? I shared the photos on my pirate page on facebook. thanks

Thanks.

Start what?)

What a cool ship! And a great series of ships in fact. This is perfect.

Thank you for such kind words!

She truly is beautiful mate! The lines are so smooth! What year is she meant to be launched in?

That's very kind of you pirate_classic.gif

In the words of Monsieur KB she "has recently evolved from the galleons." Suppose the beginning of the 17th century.

On 22.11.2014 at 7:21 AM, Dunkleosteus said:

Everything else is attached and can be recreated in real bricks.

Sorry for digging out this ship again, but did anyone build it yet? Does anyone have the LDD-File of this beauty? I really want to build her just to see her in real bricks but unfortunately Dunklesteus is not answering since atleast a half year :/

That ship is certainly a beauty! It looks great in the white and grey as well! I've seen it a few times around the forum in both yellow and blue, but the white makes it look so official! Keep up the great work!

Such a shame for such a superb design, to not, be available to those who wish to build it.

I mean, how come there is no publicly available LDD-File? 

It'd be nice if you could share...

6 hours ago, Rivven said:

Such a shame for such a superb design, to not, be available to those who wish to build it.

I mean, how come there is no publicly available LDD-File? 

It'd be nice if you could share...

Maybe it's good thing that he didn't, considering the fact that some mocers had their builds stolen by Chinese clone brands, after having shared the LDD files online. 

I'd have never thought that that would be something that could happen.

8 hours ago, Bodi said:

Maybe it's good thing that he didn't, considering the fact that some mocers had their builds stolen by Chinese clone brands, after having shared the LDD files online. 

Huh....

It'd still be nice to see built though.