BusterHaus

TBs TechChallenge, 2014 - Reverse 42034 (Quad Bike)

HI, I started working on the TechREVERSE competition and I'd like to see what you think. Looking at the photos of the quad, it seem to me, that there has been a change in the mold for the pull-back motor. The one on quad seems flat, the two that I have have ridges on top. Also, the one on the quad seems slike it only has one hole on top, like it is a stud shortet??? I wonder...

HI, I started working on the TechREVERSE competition and I'd like to see what you think. Looking at the photos of the quad, it seem to me, that there has been a change in the mold for the pull-back motor. The one on quad seems flat, the two that I have have ridges on top. Also, the one on the quad seems slike it only has one hole on top, like it is a stud shortet??? I wonder...

I just checked my 42026, but that has a flat top as well. So if it is a new mold it is already in use.

I just checked my 42026, but that has a flat top as well. So if it is a new mold it is already in use.

Thanks. Did you manage to check the photo of the quad, the length is suspicuos to me, but I doubt they'd change it for a stud...

This could be a problem, seeing as I'm only able to use LDD, and it does not appear that the new pullback motor is included. :cry_sad: Unless I haven't found it. Has anyone looked for it?

This could be a problem, seeing as I'm only able to use LDD, and it does not appear that the new pullback motor is included. :cry_sad: Unless I haven't found it. Has anyone looked for it?

I'm looking for it - no success so far.

Hi!

I also looked for the pullback motor part in LDD and i cant find it. Tried all the numbers i could find for that part.

I didn't notice any change from the pullback motor used in the technic sets from 2013 & 2014. Are you sure about it?

Hi!

I also looked for the pullback motor part in LDD and i cant find it. Tried all the numbers i could find for that part.

I didn't notice any change from the pullback motor used in the technic sets from 2013 & 2014. Are you sure about it?

See this photo:

42034-1.JPG

The smallest panel is hooked to the yellow beam and to one hole of the motor, I tried that setup, and there is bigger gap betwen the tip of the panel and the slope on the motor. I hope you understand what I mean.

EDIT:

Sorry for harrasing you, I got it :-) It is a regular PB motor.

Edited by MajklSpajkl

EDIT:

Sorry for harrasing you, I got it :-) It is a regular PB motor.

It looks like motor is placed vertically... :wink:

Edited by Tomik

I looks like motor is placed vertically... :wink:

Thanks, I realised that, now I am off to the LDD torture :cry_sad: I almost have a finished model on the table, but putting it in LDD is the real problem, I haven't used it since last TechREVERSE, and even then I struggled. In addition, my computer seems to diggests LDD rather horrible,...

Do stickers count as parts? And I can't for the life of me identify the cylindrical part located below the yellow panels.

Do stickers count as parts? And I can't for the life of me identify the cylindrical part located below the yellow panels.

I've never seen the stickers counted as parts before, so no, the stickers of the new set do not count. Also, the part you are looking for is http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=55982

55982.jpg

In LDD, it is under the wheels and tires catergory.

Is it just me, or is that a 9L half beam? :oh:

EDIT: My eyes are getting old...it's not.

Edited by Victor Kojenov (TFOL)

Can't find the PB motor on LDD either ... has anyone figured this puzzle out?

There is no motor.. I just left a blank space as if it is there,

The hardest part is the cylinder mount, anyone figured that out? It seems like a dark bluish gray part is holding it from the center

Hi, I've asked Conchas about whether should we leave mockups of PB motor in our lxf files. This was his answer on TB blog: "I prefer you do not use mockups. It will make verification work much easier. ;)"

So no direct comfirmation if there is s PB motor in LDD, but it still helps. I created a mockup of the PB holes, which wasn't that hard, you just have to build in a way, that hinge align tool can't deform it. I will submit the lxf without the mockup. Worst case scenario is 5 points for a part missing :-)

The hardest part is the cylinder mount, anyone figured that out? It seems like a dark bluish gray part is holding it from the center

I think it's this part, it appears to be dark bley because of the shadow.

I think my entry is complete, but LDD tells me I use 137 parts (without the PB motor), which means I have ten missing parts, but I don't know what or where they could be. :sceptic:

I think it's this part, it appears to be dark bley because of the shadow.

I think my entry is complete, but LDD tells me I use 137 parts (without the PB motor), which means I have ten missing parts, but I don't know what or where they could be. :sceptic:

I believe that you got the right part, there is no room for any other connector at an angle. I got to 142 pieces including the PB motor. Perhapse I'm missing some pins or bushes... Is the par number on brisckset (148) for parts on the model alone or does it include extra parts?

Edited by MajklSpajkl

The part number on brickset is the same as the one stated on the box, so I doubt it includes extra parts. Though, it might include the parts needed for the alt/combi model.

Hi, I have made a mock-up of the pullback-motor in LDD to assist you in creating the full model. Have fun and may the best win!

Thanks man, I made one myself out of technic parts and is rather fugly, but yours looks so much better. I'll use it for rendering purposes ;-)

So after the part list is released i have couple things to say,

There is a second cylinder present but in the top view picture it was clearly seen the there in nothing attached to the back of the triangle connector so this is kinda wierd..

Secondly, inside the yellow panels, where the black pin is sticking out there seems to be 1 x 2 liftarms connected there, i thought about this but didnt add those because then the yellow panels would be stuck( it makes a close assembly)XztwIfhl.png

other than that no one could have guess that inside the wheels, rear or front there are half bushes doubled instead of regular bushes

what do you guys think?

Edited by shimon

Now I get it, sorry that I littered the 2015 discusion...

The two cylinders were quite obvious to me, but would never had guessed those two small black liftarms, I wonder if anyone did... So the other side is without any such connection?

Edited by MajklSpajkl

Now I get it, sorry that I littered the 2015 discusion...

The two cylinders were quite obvious to me, but would never had guessed those two small black liftarms, I wonder if anyone did... So the other side is without any such connection?

Here is the other side 640x853.jpg