Balbo

MOC: Hobbit: Battle at the ruins of Dale

Hey guys :classic:

I´m new to this forum and i´m happy to be part of this fantastic community :wub: . As a introduction i thought i would show you my latest MOC

Battle at the ruins of Dale

15758742656_a477c39d51.jpg

DSC_3820 von Balbo123 auf Flickr

15162449594_4a7dc541b9.jpg

DSC_3775_____________________ von Balbo123 auf Flickr

15780546851_380ae32f6c.jpg

DSC_3793___________________ von Balbo123 auf Flickr

More fotos you can find on my flickr account :wink:

https://www.flickr.c.../128592570@N05/

Thanks for watching :blush:

Edited by Balbo

Thanks for all your kind words - im really happy that you like my Dale MOC :blush: .

I hope the pictures are working now, i had some trouble uploading them, sorry :sadnew: ...

Balbo

Edited by Balbo

Welcome!

This is a great MOC (e.g. including three different roof styles). I am looking forward to more.

You might want to look at this:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=71241#entry1320172

to get some guidance on how to upload the pictures into the forum.

Brick on!

Thanks for your nice feedback and the link, hopefully I won't have troubles anymore now ;-) .

Currently I'm working on a Ravenhilltower MOC, i hope i can finish it soon.

Balbo

Edited by Balbo

Great to see you here at Eurobricks ! The perfect place to meet a nice community.

And you are showing us a good build. The floor looks much better than your first version. You captured the feeling of the city, and I am totally axcited about the movie release when I look at your work.

Brick on !

Thanks for your nice feedback and the link, hopefully I won't have troubles anymore now ;-) .

Currently I'm working on a Ravenhilltower MOC, i hope i can finish it soon.

Balbo

Ooh i'd like to see that :laugh: working on one myself too :purrr:

Thanks for the warm welcome and the kind words about my latest MOC, I'm really happy that you like it. It's really pushing me to start building more rightaway :classic:

Ooh i'd like to see that :laugh: working on one myself too :purrr:

Hey, that's cool :classic:

I'm really looking forward seeing how you interpreted the Ravenhilltower.

I'm just half way gone building it and need to make some more orders on bricklink to complete it - i hope it's finished till the last Hobbits Movie hits theater :wink: .

Very nice. I also like the way you photographed it, especially the last two pictures. Your composition in both really conveys a sense of tension appropriate for the scene.

Very impressive MOC.

Do you remember how many pieces you used? Just curious :wink:

Congratulation for your outstanding work. Well done, indeed :classic:

This is fantastic, and it's hard to believe that you built it all before seeing the movie! :classic: I forget, was Bard on the troll vs. the cart featured in one of the trailers? I love the warning horn pavilion..."the bells were ringing in the Dale/the Men looked up with faces pale..."

Thanks for all your kind words. It makes my very happy and really starts pushing me building more MOCs :classic:

Do you remember how many pieces you used? Just curious :wink:

Hmm, I don't know for sure but I think I used around 2500 pieces. Especially the ground was tricky, with all the plates and tiles :wink:

I forget, was Bard on the troll vs. the cart featured in one of the trailers? I love the warning horn pavilion..."the bells were ringing in the Dale/the Men looked up with faces pale..."

Thanks, I'm glad you like it. You're right, the Bard vs. Troll scene was featuared in the trailer and so decided to add it in my MOC to make it more recognizable :wink: .

Actually I started building this MOC in August and I tried to work with concept arts and pictures from the film set I found in the internet. My main goal was to make it as accurate to the movie as possible :classic: .

Edited by Balbo

Thanks for all your kind words. It makes my very happy and really starts pushing me building more MOCs :classic:

Hmm, I don't know for sure but I think I used around 2500 pieces. Especially the ground was tricky, with all the plates and tiles :wink:

I imagined the ground was tricky.

You truly did a wonderful job with this MOC. Congratulations again and keep up the great work :classic: