Here's my review of the 42039's B-model: the SUV Racer. I really, really liked it - if only there was more room for other types of wheels!

Now, this review is a little experimental - I've changed how my speed builds are filmed. The goal was to focus more on the assembly and less on the pile of bricks around it, to provide a first-person-like view and to improve the image quality. The only downside is that the footage is locked at x30 speed, but it seems like an acceptable trade-off to me. I'll be glad to hear your opinions.

Much better.

Usually I skip your build part.Now I can see the build process.

When is 42038-B review coming

Edited by Blakbird
: Removed unnecessary quoted video.

Good review Sariel, as usual. This B-model really deserves to be put on the front cover of the box.

As for speed build - can't say it makes much difference, since your method in terms of clarity is yet behind sequence of still pictures,

, for example. Most of the view is still occupied by the pile and the camera is fixed in a strict top-down position. It was hard for me to follow the building process, but, again, it's only my experience.

Update:

On second glance, perhaps, I'm too picky. I watched it once more and it's OK.

Edited by Dalafik

I'll be glad to hear your opinions.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not interested in the time laps build. I always skip that part to the end of the review.

I would be more interested in seeing the model at different stages of the build, with some additional information about techniques being used. For example, how does the mechanism work to fold the headlights.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not interested in the time laps build. I always skip that part to the end of the review.

I would be more interested in seeing the model at different stages of the build, with some additional information about techniques being used. For example, how does the mechanism work to fold the headlights.

Yes. I also prefer still pictures of building steps to see how important mechnisms was builded instead fast time lapse. It takes time, you can't see clearly and understand building steps without pausing and looking closer HD freeze shots...

Well, I was trying to show details of the headlamps mechanism in motion, starting at 10:14. I was assuming it's easiest to understand when you see it move.

42038B is coming today.

Edited by Sariel

Well, I was trying to show details of the headlamps mechanism in motion, starting at 10:14. I was assuming it's easiest to understand when you see it move.

42038B is coming today.

Everything is good in your reviews Sariel :thumbup: I get everything I need to know. But I always skip building process.

I prefer to see "Building process" with my own eyes when set will come to my own table and hands :grin:.

But I am sure, there are those who love to see time lapse building, so do as you prefer :wink:

Edited by rm8

42038B is coming today.

Great review as always Sariel! :thumbup: I like the B model more as well.

Not interested in the building process very much, so I usually skipped that, the only exception was when I tried to build 42031-42037 using your videos. :laugh:

I wonder if the 81.6mm racing tire can fit there, did you ever give them a try?

I wonder if the 81.6mm racing tire can fit there, did you ever give them a try?

Not that I can see. Even if you solve the problem with rubbing the chassis in the rear somehow, they will keep hitting the front mudguard.

Not that I can see. Even if you solve the problem with rubbing the chassis in the rear somehow, they will keep hitting the front mudguard.

Thanks for the info, :wink: , and pity that I don't have any 68mm wheels which means the 42039 is a must buy ......

Alright, here's 42038-B, thanks for waiting. That's it for me, expect next reviews around August :)

The B-model for the 42038 (without the tracks) look awesome and works like a charm.

16213127555_8d956bb42a.jpg

Thiis b-model does it better for me than the a-model!

That looks awesome. Add this to the b-model thread. My 42038 will be here any day. I think I'll skip the a-model

JANG now has a review of the B model of 42035 up, i wasn't too impressed by the images...but after seeing this vid its actually a realy nice B model that has functions and uses a good portion of the A models parts. So i think i will get 2 sets :-)

Yet another review from JANG, this time for 42037...since the instructions come in the box he will also review the B model in a few days.

There are also review in Russian for 32038 B model:

42039 - fully motorised!!

+ another review of 42039:

Edited by Richard Dower

Here are some brand new videos reviews, i dont think we've had a review of 42036 yet outside of Sariels, so here is a new one:

Techlug.fr with a short review of 43039...i belive the reviewer hated the set, based on comments on Brickset:

This is awesome!...a full RC version of 32038!!

^ what an awesome and truely entertaining video!...i love the music, the editing...fun to what, and very high productions values...bravo!

Edited by Richard Dower

On TechLUG the review of the 42039 isn't that favourable...(Anio's opion seems a bit harsh to me.)

This afternoon i'm getting the set myself and after building the model i will post my personal comments here.

On TechLUG the review of the 42039 isn't that favourable...(Anio's opion seems a bit harsh to me.)

This afternoon i'm getting the set myself and after building the model i will post my personal comments here.

I finished it yesterday and I am very positive about it. Looking forward to your opinion.

Well, you know, there is something fun about 42039.

Generally, when I do announce a review on the frontpage of TechLUG, I try to choose a photo where the model looks decent. Indeed, my goal is not to slash a model on the frontpage, but just to announce it.

Guess what ?

With 42039, I could NOT find any good looking picture.

Wherever I look at it, the model looks terrible.

Wherever I look at it, the model looks terrible.

I guess it was meant to have stickers applied.