Hinckley

Whack-a-Fig Contest

Announcing:

whack_a_fig.jpg

Here you see a simple vig scenario: hinckley39 is putting his LEGO ice cube tray into his freezer when Double T comes up and bonks him in the head with a cat. Why Double T? Probably for perpetuating this unintentional spam thread which was the inspiration for this contest! And with all the SW vig contests going on I thought we can use a general one too!

Rules:

-Hinckley 39 must be bonked on the head, or any member's sig fig as long as you have their permission.

Keep in mind you can always whack yourself.

-only one entry per member

-vig must be built on an 8 x 8 plate

-parts may overlap

-no digital entries, bricks only

-no custom or brick alterations

customs are allowed for sig figs only

-only LEGO elements

-Deadline: One month, August 8th, 2007

-PRIZE: A freakin' LEGO ice cube tray of your very own!!

Important Clarification: Whack, here, means to bonk in the head not Tony Soprano's going to shoot you.

Post your entries in the entry thread and after the deadline I'll start a poll for voting for the winner!

Have fun with this and be creative!

Keep in mind you can always whack yourself.

Oh that's horrible :-X

But is this JUST an entries thread? If so, is there a general discussion thread to go along with it?

Edit: Pinned

Edited by Starwars4J

Looool!!!! Sounds great, as soon as I return home tonight I will see what I can come up with using my Mini collection! ;-)

Oh that's horrible :-X

But is this JUST an entries thread? If so, is there a general discussion thread to go along with it?

Um...yes, Starwars4J it's a contest!

Since I don't have the power to delete non-entries, I figured I would pull entries out after the 8th of August and make a poll. Is that too confusing to keep the discussion and entries together until then?

If so, maybe a nice Global Mod will help me keep the entries thread tidy? *wub*

Um...yes, Starwars4J it's a contest!

Since I don't have the power to delete non-entries, I figured I would pull entries out after the 8th of August and make a poll. Is that too confusing to keep the discussion and entries together until then?

If so, maybe a nice Global Mod will help me keep the entries thread tidy? *wub*

Well most contests seem to have two threads: an entry thread and a discussion thread. Since this already has some discussion (Apo and myself), maybe make another entry thread, and I'll pin that, and then modify the title of this to be just the discussion thread ;-)

Well most contests seem to have two threads: an entry thread and a discussion thread. Since this already has some discussion (Apo and myself), maybe make another entry thread, and I'll pin that, and then modify the title of this to be just the discussion thread ;-)

Really? Even after all the sitting in a tree business? I don't care what anyone says, SW4J, you're a pal! *wub* Thanks! Thanks very very much!

Really? Even after all the sitting in a tree business? I don't care what anyone says, SW4J, you're a pal! *wub* Thanks! Thanks very very much!

You just gave me a very good idea about how to whack you for my entry >:-) Keep in mind though that I have class for the next 4 weeks, so I won't be back by my bricks until early August

Edited by Starwars4J

You just gave me a very good idea about how to whack you for my entry >:-) Keep in mind though that I have class for the next 4 weeks, so I won't be back by my bricks until early August

Can you get it done by August 8th? I can extend the deadline! *sweet*

Looool!!!! Sounds great, as soon as I return home tonight I will see what I can come up with using my Mini collection! ;-)

and rock on! Apo's playing, YES! X-D

I can't make anyone. :-( Except SW4J, but why would I whack him?

How about if some random guy whacks me? Would that work? :-/

Edited by iamded

Yeay another fun contest !! So my KIll Jar Jar contest made emules >:-) Excellent, thats the kind of fun/free spirit I love !!

I'm definitly on !! However I shall NOT whack myself !! I'm not suicidal mind you X-D However I know someone on these boards that will have a severe whacking pretty soon X-D >:-)

Whack On !!

*yoda*

Yeay another fun contest !! So my KIll Jar Jar contest made emules >:-) Excellent, thats the kind of fun/free spirit I love !!

I'm definitly on !! However I shall NOT whack myself !! I'm not suicidal mind you X-D However I know someone on these boards that will have a severe whacking pretty soon X-D >:-)

Whack On !!

*yoda*

*Thanks god yoda doesnt know his "Me Fig" is the kid in his avatar.

Hmm... Casewindu may I? >:-)

X-D :-D X-D :-D Oh boy the contests just keep on coming!!

Great idea Hinckley *y* I cant wait to off a few members......hmmm now who shall it be? X-D

I do remind you guys thats its a whack-an-EB-member-sigfig and not a whack-a- *yoda* contest !! X-D :-P

OK, I do have my pray, I do have my whacking weapon, I just need a where and why :-D

Whack on !!

*yoda*

Im sure hinckley meant to write Whack a *yoda* and not fig mate :-P

Oh the pure evilness a contest like this could show, this should be fun >:-)

Dumb question: what does "parts may overlap" mean?

This means basically that your MOC can extend the 8x8 baseplate. The baseplate only serves as suppot and you are not directed by 8x8 when you build.

Here is my entry on the C3-PO contest:

let_the_wookie_win.jpg

As you can see, my building extended to become a 10x10 vig

Hope this clarifies things Gyl ;-)

*yoda*

Im done... And Im wacking Casewindu (I know he is purple but I dont feel like making decals) with...

A Fishing Boat! >:-)

Pic 1.

4q36cms.jpg

Pic 2.

4ldimfd.jpg

Pic 3.

4zknjn4.jpg

If its too big, ah well was fun to build! :-D

@ Stauder: If that's your final entry, I think you should post it in the entries thread ;-) .

I know, but I want to know if the boat aint too big to enter. Lots of contests latley :-)

Ooooh. Sounds like fun. I've already got an idea or two for the hewkii9 Rube Goldberg Machine of Whacking.

Just to clarify, is this like slapping whacking or Tony Soprano whacking?

Seems *yoda* 's correct and its just a simple smack, shame sooo many different ways to whack someone mafia style came to mind X-D