CopMike

EB Xmas Raffle 2014 - Your Ideal Christmas Gift entry thread

Sounds fun, I might have to enter this one. Are there prizes? WHAT BE THE PRIZES?!?!

Well this was last years prizes :wink: :

gallery_148_49_18836.jpg

800x600? I can't take pictures that small!

Take Holodoc´s advice and use a program to shrink it!

So it looks like no maximum size limits on the MOC? Just a minimum of 2 pieces.

Go as big as you want :laugh: !

IMG_5664.jpg

Sorry to ask but is that following one of the few rules :look: :
  • The MOC needs to be new - no recycling here please - just fresh stuff.

My ideal gift would be out of this world ... a trip to space, even on a Virgin Galactic flight.

Although I know this would happen ...

space_zps88cd6f74.jpg

That´s not really the present ....... :sceptic: !?

Hmm i don't think i did... :(

Sorry to hear that but it was sent out!

That´s not really the present ....... :sceptic: !?

The actual present would just be the ticket, which I thought was a bit boring so I put something fun instead. I'll upload something else. I've removed the original submission as I don't want to break the one entry only rule.

I'm guessing that we're going to get minifigures from Ghostbusters, Simpsons, Guardians of the Galaxy, The LEGO Movie, and X-men as prizes this year.

Edited by Lancethecat

I'm guessing that we're going to get minifigures from Ghostbusters, Simpsons, Guardians of the Galaxy, The LEGO Movie, and X-men as prizes this year.

Don't forget Star Wars. There were Star Wars figs for several years' annual raffles.

Where does CopMike get all those figures from, anyway? I know EB gets samples of sets for review, but I'm trying to figure out where anyone would get that many Tower of Orthanc or Ewok Village figures.

Your wife gave you money for LEGO?...I don't think I've ever even daydreamed about that? Do you live in some kind of wonderful LEGO heaven?

Well, she's given me permission to spend before, but in this case it helped that she thought the set was 'adorable' and would be a great Christmas decoration.

If only I could convince her we need some Modular decoration and LOTR decoration...

Edited by rodiziorobs

My perfect gift would be an official Minas Tirith set (especially if it looked like Nuju Metru's :wink: ).

raffle143jswx.jpg

Thanks for the great raffle, CopMike! :thumbup:

Who wouldn't want a pony for Christmas. Just last night, my kids rejected any and all possible and future LEGO sets in favor of this. (If it actually happens, guess which part of this is my "present" :grin: )

horseEB.jpg

Edited by JGW3000

I regularly get desperate as my sons love to completely disintegrate all minifigs and to reassemble them in an arbitrary way. Simultaneously lots of minifig parts get scattered all over our home. The most annoying job of mine is to hunt out all minifig parts and to reassemble these highly valuable minifigs in the original setup.

Therefore my ideal Christmas Gift is a Lego Minifig Transmogrifier (LMT):

Lego_Minifig_Transmogrifier_800.jpg

You just have to input an arbitrarily assembled custom minifig (left side of machine) and additionally all loose parts you have found (funnel at top of machine) and a couple of moments later you will get an original Lego minifigure (right side of machine).

I think there is no need to give you further technical details as the transmogrifier technology is well known and state of the art.

... and for Christmas 2015 I wish to get a Scanning Lego Part Locator (SLPL), which works the following way:

Papacharly: “Part Locator! Where to find Han Solos torso and Darth Vaders helmet?”

Part Locator: “One moment please. Scan in progress. Beep. Beep. ... Dear Papacharly, please find Darth Vaders helmet inside the vacuum cleaner. Han Solos torso can be found inside your neighbours dog. Beep. Beep.”

So have a nice Christmas. I definitely do so.

I think the figures come straight from LEGO. They supply a certain number of prizes for certain contests on a lot of big forums. Just another way TLG shows their appreciation for the fans.

Although, since I'm not directly involved, I have no idea of the actual source and if it is a secret I'd hate to give it away.

Either way, I will be entering again. It's a great time of the year to be a LEGO fan!

This is my 7 years-old daughter entry:

Father Christmas and reindeer (I have to say I am very proud of the Father Christmas build!)

photo1.jpg

(image reduced and post edited, thanks Blakstone!!!!!)

Edited by Mr Meleca

Special thanks to CopMike for organising this annual Christmas tradition! :wub:

15609503370_ef4c785284_o_d.jpg

WhiteFang is wishing for many things in the upcoming Christmas and what really matters to me is the opportunity to own the 'prized trophy'. Glad to have have Mr Rebrick Minifigure to chill out with me. :grin:

My perfect Christmas gift would be a return visit to Venice, CA to ride bikes along the beach with my wife. These are our sigfigs and my wife even took the photos.

During the Artic weather we are getting, this trip would be even more welcome.

bikeride4christmas.jpg

Yay! Thanks for having this awesome raffle again, CopMike! :sweet:

What I really want for Christmas is a robot version of me, a Robo-Oky (or Roboky), to do all my chores for me while I relax and enjoy the holidays. :grin:

15773533416_1ab3ec4f35_z.jpg

Robo-Oky by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

Guardians of the Galaxy is easily one of if not the best Superhero movie ever. I had decided that I would commit to buying the Blu-Ray pack, I don't want this movie to blend in with all the other Superhero films of mine so I decided the most ideal gift for Christmas would be a centerpiece for the movie. I had volleyed back and forth between ideas until I finally decided to do the opening sequence, and the name is quite fitting for the gift in my opinion "Come and Get Your Love."

MF8yL3H.jpg?1