Capn Frank

USS Constitution: a work in progress

Hey Phred, any updates? my eyes want more of this :pir-classic:

The only thing I have to update is that I had recently gotten another BL order and I am now able to "copy" Blacky's wonderful looking anchor shown below. Of course a there were a lot of other bricks to continue progress of the hull, I have not had time to work on it lately. :pir-cry_sad:

details003.jpg

and here is my "copy".

I am not too sure about the dark bley technic pin, but I REALLY wanted to use the modified plate shaped like a tooth. :grin:

100_0166.jpg

The final product will utilize a dark bley technic pin w/ stud, but I don't have any of those right now and figured this one looked close enough to see if they'd be worth purchasing.

I like the anchor as well... but I was wondering if a simple black 1x1 cone would work to complete the look instead.

It's a good design (actually CGH's I believe), but as you can see on this picture, the 'tooth' isn't really pointed inward:

Ship-Anchor.jpg

However, I don't know a better way to do this. But perhaps this makes it even easier.

Maybe you could use this part, but that gives the same problem.

Good luck :pir-classic:

However, I don't know a better way to do this. But perhaps this makes it even easier.

Maybe you could use this part, but that gives the same problem.

Good luck :pir-classic:

Not a bad idea Admiral, I'm still stuck on that part too.

If only it would have 2 fins.

That aside, it is a great looking anchor, the only thing I would advise is to use pin connectors instead of 1x1 round bricks to give it a smoother look.

Hi there! I love your model of the USS Constitution. I have a few questions though :pir-cry_happy:

1. How many lego figures are you putting on your ship? And how many lego figures can you fit in the ship of your size?

2. Exactly how big is your ship?

Sorry if you think these are weird questions :pir-cry_sad:

Thanks for the feedback!

I like the anchor as well... but I was wondering if a simple black 1x1 cone would work to complete the look instead.

After seeing the pictures and ideas others have posted, I think the cone will be the best and simplest piece to use instead.

Hi there! I love your model of the USS Constitution. I have a few questions though :pir-cry_happy:

1. How many lego figures are you putting on your ship? And how many lego figures can you fit in the ship of your size?

2. Exactly how big is your ship?

Sorry if you think these are weird questions :pir-cry_sad:

LordSandwich, welcome to Eurobricks. :thumbup:

I recommend checking out the member guidelines and tutorials in Website & Forums.

They're not weird questions at all. :pir-wink:

1.)I plan on putting the same number of figures on Constitution as the amount of crew that was on the vessel during the war of 1812, which is about 450 figs. Since this ship is to scale, all of these figures should be able to fit on this MOC.

I have about 200 figs to get yet. It's a slow process since I only get a few at the most with each BL order, but I'm getting there.

2.)Currently the ship is just under 6 feet (1.8 meters) long. When it's complete and all the rigging is on, it'll be about 7 feet (2.1 meters) long, the hull will be about 45 bricks across, yard arms about 2.5 feet (0.8 meters) wide, and masts about 6 feet (1.8 meters) tall.

1.)I plan on putting the same number of figures on Constitution as the amount of crew that was on the vessel during the war of 1812, which is about 450 figs. Since this ship is to scale, all of these figures should be able to fit on this MOC.

I have about 200 figs to get yet. It's a slow process since I only get a few at the most with each BL order, but I'm getting there.

2.)Currently the ship is just under 6 feet (1.8 meters) long. When it's complete and all the rigging is on, it'll be about 7 feet (2.1 meters) long, the hull will be about 45 bricks across, yard arms about 2.5 feet (0.8 meters) wide, and masts about 6 feet (1.8 meters) tall.

Wow. That is a lot of detail. even Corredor del Tesoro doesn't have that much detail. I must get around to posting the updates :pir-classic:

Holy craziness! This thing is gonna be huge! Just look at that anchor. You guys are truly insane :thumbup::pir-tongue:

I must get around to posting the updates :pir-classic:

I look forward to these updates. :thumbup:

Holy craziness! This thing is gonna be huge! Just look at that anchor. You guys are truly insane :thumbup::pir-tongue:

Crazy? Insane?!?

You're too kind! :cry_happy:

Prateek, I hope you can join us in crazy town or insane-city. :grin:

Lookin' good Phred :thumbup:

This is going to be one big ship when its built!

Phred, this is massive. I don't know how I have never been in this thread before.

I can't wait to see this thing completed, but I understand your burden of having to buy all the parts from BL.

Well God speed to you in this venture, I hope you get to finish it. I'll check back for updates.

Prateek, I hope you can join us in crazy town or insane-city. :grin:

No, I'll never join you!

*falls in a hole*

EDIT: On second thought, I might... :pir-grin:

Edited by prateek

No, I'll never join you!

*falls in a hole*

EDIT: On second thought, I might... :pir-grin:

You can go But I shall never!

*falls off a cliff*

Never!

*gets impaled on a rock; minifig falls apart*