Legonardo

A creature in the dark - BabaYagas hutt

15761418611_0fb758f907_c.jpg

The home of Baba Yaga. A bewitched cottage that according to legend, walks on the leg of a giant chicken, and possess many of the same characteristics of she who dwells there. Including the toe fungus.

CCCXII

Fairytale castle category

This. Was. A. Pain.

building a structure that stands on a travis brick and flexitube leg with supports that can only be placed where its hidden by the leg was possibly the most irritating thing ive ever done in lego. the second time i got it to stand, the leg collapsed on itself and the house took a roll off my desk and dived to the floor, believe you me i've had it with this build XD

Besides all the frustration, im happy with how it came out, quite happy that im done with it and next time it smashes will be the final time...

ok now i should really start studying, exams are kinda important :p

15761417811_05b5bee0cc_z.jpg

15764843412_88a8ea3f2b_z.jpg

15764034212_1dc1df2734_z.jpg

Baba Yaga, according to Slavic folklore, was a witch of incredibly bad looks, a horrid stench, and probably toe fungus. She eats rats and taters', and dwells deep in the woods in a cottage which has often been reported to walk off in the dark...

CCC XII

Custom figure.

Enjoy!

David

Looks like its straight from a story! All the complex shapes, the single thin support, the ground textures... PERFECTO!

I'd like to see the signs you need to place around it.

DO NOT TOUCH. DO NOT EVEN APPROACH. IN FACT, DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT BREATHING.

Excellent build, LD!

The roof is the part that stands out the most to me, but the leg as support with only one other column is great as well. I like the fantastic story for this build as well, and the minifig is very fitting. Those giant mushrooms are great as well. The window shutters are amazing! :thumbup:

One thing that I would like to see better is the timber framing. Is there a way to hide the gaps between the two sides of the corner where the color shows through? The angled beam would fit better if the top end was buried under the corner like the bottom end so it does not seem to stick out so much.

Brick on, LD!

Yaicks!!! This is scary. And absolutely amazing. That roof is something truly exceptional!

Congratulations LD.

Awesome!!!! Russian legends. Along Koshei the Deathless, and the mighty Bogatyr (knights errand) Alyosha, Ilya and Dobrynia. I love Russian mythos, even as it is grossly underrepresented in mythological published works.

As soon as I saw the name I was straight onto this thread.

Ever since Mike Mignola introduced Baba Yaga to me through Hellboy she's been a fantastic 'character' in my mind.

The twisted nature of the build fits with that image perfectly and like everyone else I'm in awe of that roof work.

Excellent build!

That`s incredible! One of the best huts i have ever seen!

And i like your interpretation of Baba-Yaga. It seems that she really came out of the fairytale.

Edited by Balthazar

The whole Moc is amazing! Fantastic Roof, great choice of colours and building-techniques! The Witch-Minifig is absolutely great. It's Leia's Hair from Ewok-Village, right? But what face/torso is this?

Excellent! Bravo!

The chicken leg support was particularly daring (and I can just imagine how stressful and frustrating the journey from idea to fruition)

I'm impressed with the roof also..... all those irregular curves and slopes..... Love the theme, too.