Sign in to follow this  
Disco86

LEGO IDEAS - Battle of Osgiliath

After your enormous feedback and a lot of people asking me for putting my set on Ideas, I have finally done it.

Please support it on Ideas, thanks for you help. I still hope, that we got a chance to get some Gondor soldiers and rangers !

15378271589_6785199f4a_c.jpg

15565728522_89a5055fdd_c.jpg

Together we can make it happen :wink:

Edited by Disco86

Very cool idea and it looks like it could work!

Also, if you don't mind me asking, what sets do the torsos on the Gondor Ranger and Gondor Soldiers appear in?

I enjoyed this build for the MEC, I definitely would like to see LEGO produce Gondor soldiers and Faramir and his rangers, and I will be supporting this!

@Goliath: I believe the torsos are the recolored torso from Aragorn in the Black Gates set. I do not think that piece is available in colors other than Dark Blue.

I'm a conformist!, Disco86!

Actually this seems to be great idea, at least your interpretation of the set, However, I think that this set seems to be fragile, so I recomend you to create each of the modules more sturdy. Also, you can make it slightly bigger to get 110-130$ price point. Figs are really nice, and I really liek the round shape of the roof on the tower, but still there is existing elements you can use for more complete roof. But this is also good, looks demaged enough and fits to Osgiliath nicely.

Thumbs up and

P.S. Supported.

:)

Thanks for your support ! Hopefully we can get 300 in the first weeks, so that there is a possibility to get on front page.

I think that this set seems to be fragile, so I recomend you to create each of the modules more sturdy. Also, you can make it slightly bigger to get 110-130 price point.

The set is really sturdy except of two points. And I don't understand how a higher price would make this a better set ? All Ideas sets so far have been much cheaper... but thanks anyway for critisim and support !

I've supported it. I like it more than the Minas Tirith sets on there.

If anything, I'd prefer it to be smaller and lower cost. Lose the left arch, and two orcs (they are common enough anyway).

Thanks for your support ! Hopefully we can get 300 in the first weeks, so that there is a possibility to get on front page.

The set is really sturdy except of two points. And I don't understand how a higher price would make this a better set ? All Ideas sets so far have been much cheaper... but thanks anyway for critisim and support !

Thats not what I ment, actually I was trying to say, that Osgiliath deserves to be a big set whic means more pieces and bigger building. But I understandd that smaller sets have better chances to be created after all.. I can imagine that even that you get 10 000 votes, it doesnet mean that TLG will decide (after review phase) to make this set official.

So lets hope for best, and expect the worst :)

anyway, I like your creation

I like the project, but EB has strict rules about LEGO Ideas projects. While you can have an Ideas project on EB, but the forum is mainly to discuss the MOC itself and not as an outlet to drum up support. Since this MOC already HAS a thread in History, I am going to have to close this topic. However, I would encourage everyone to still support this project if they should so feel and Disco, you can add the project to your signature line if you wish to encourage support.