Sign in to follow this  
Bob De Quatre

Episode VII: Heirloom

How was the scoring figured? I thought it was 4 pts for the past scene and 6 for the present. I'm certainly not complaining about the extra XP though.

Apparently you pretty much "won" as it seems you got 24/25... from the rules:

"In the second stage, the top five builds of each faction (so ten in total) from the first stage will be scored based on basic predetermined criteria: up to 10 points for the concept and appropriateness to the objective, up to 25 points for your execution of the build, and up to 5 points for your presentation of the entry."

Regarding scoring, we followed the initial rules. In the first round, every entry was scored from 1 to 10, 4 points for present scene and 6 for the past. then as usual the top 5 entries where scored in round 2 according to the rules. Players that made it to round 2 can get up to 25xp.

Apparently you pretty much "won" as it seems you got 24/25... from the rules:

"In the second stage, the top five builds of each faction (so ten in total) from the first stage will be scored based on basic predetermined criteria: up to 10 points for the concept and appropriateness to the objective, up to 25 points for your execution of the build, and up to 5 points for your presentation of the entry."

That rule is pretty dated, I think, and would result in 40 possible points.

Edit: Got it. Thanks Bob

Edited by goatman461

Yes Empire wins! Thanks to the judges for the great work they've done. I'd like the new tag please.

I didn't think I would score so lowly, yes I know my "past scene" was very plain and didn't have much, but my character scene wasn't bad.

Bob, thanks again for a very nice episode.

The scoring results are very interesting, though. I've expected a much bigger "gap" in final points. The judges were really generous for the Alliance. :wink:

Edited by WickNole

I didn't think I would score so lowly, yes I know my "past scene" was very plain and didn't have much, but my character scene wasn't bad.

Your entry was surely great. But I guess the thing is that you are not under the top five imperial entries so you didn't get the xp points from second judging stage.

If you made 9 points in the first stage you wouldn't go to the second as long as there are five guys who made full 10 points. Even if it was a great result you made. So there's no reason to be disappointed. Your entry was great the comments you've got prove that.

The scoring results are very interesting, though. I've expected a much bigger "gap" in final points. The judges were really generous for the Alliance. :wink:

I believe that because all 5 of the Rebel builds made it into round 2 by default, they all fell under the 25 pt amount and thus were generally higher than the Empire builds.

Also, from Lord Tyrus getting 19xp and having made it to round 2 you can see the number of comments and quality of build aren't necessarily intertwined.

Edited by Kodan Black

Side note: Whenever the player index is updated, could someone correct my listing from Stormtrooper to TIE Pilot? Thanks.

Done!

And the player index has been updated. Tags will be awarded soon!

Congrats to all participants from the empire. Thanks for your work building in this episode !

And a great overall win by goatman !

But I don't understand why participants are getting that much points. You said you plan to change the XP-reward-system. Then I looked at the episode and just saw 10 XP max. If I had known, there could be up to 25, I may have built something, but no one told us.

:(

Edited by Disco86

But I don't understand why participants are getting that much points. You said you plan to change the XP-reward-system. Then I looked at the episode and just saw 10 XP max. If I had known, there could be up to 25, I may have built something, but no one told us.

You're right, I didn't say in the rules that the scoring will follow the 2 rounds system... :sceptic:

We said we'll discuss a change in the xp system, and that's what we did, we discussed it... But didn't take any decision to change it...

Well no problem, I am not here to gain XP :laugh:

But can't wait for the next episode :thumbup:

There are certainly some more bugs left to work out in the SoNE universe :grin: If you have suggestions please feel free to post them on this topic.

Then I looked at the episode and just saw 10 XP max. If I had known, there could be up to 25, I may have built something, but no one told us.

I second this.

In having not that much time, only having completed my present scene, I thought it was not worth it to produce a past build that had not that much decent quality.

Then the max points I could have had for the present scene is 4, while posting it as a freebuild would yield a maximum of 5. And I didn't like building a bad quality built just to be able to participate. If I would had known, I would have made at least a lesser, but sufficient quality build for the past scene (As chances were high having points doubled). So now I decided to make my present scene a freebuild.

But as you said you forgot/overlooked to say that or make the scoring clearer, it's not your fault. I would appreaciate it if next time you double-checked :wink:

The goal of an episode should not only be to gain xp. It's all about smashing the empire.

The goal of an episode should not only be to gain xp. It's all about smashing the empire.

Then you had great success this time... NOT !!!

Then you had great success this time... NOT !!!

Yeah great, the Empire stroke back... but you know what? That means next episode you will lose a whole death star. ;)

Great episode, congrats to the Empire AGAIN ;) And thanks to everyone participating. Sure, hit me with the new tag, looks kinda cool!

I know, but we wouldn't anyways this episode.

Next one we'll rock! Everyone onboard?

Thanks for the great episode, Bob, and great entries from everyone! I'm beginning to miss the Rebels though... I thought I only killed twelve of them?

And well done, Empire, and special congratulations for my good friend goatman461! Getting shot, and still winning the episode. You make the Empire proud.

Also, this means that after seven episodes, each episode has had a different winner so far (I - LegoFjotten, II - Rook/MstrOfPppts, III - BEAVeR, IV - Bob De Quatre, V - markus1984, VI - Ninja Nin, VII - goatman461), making this a contest for everyone!

Yeah great, the Empire stroke back... but you know what? That means next episode you will lose a whole death star. ;)

Wait, Star Wars episode VIII will have the Death Star in it? Someone frontpage this right now!

... unless it is some kind of Rebel trick :shrug_confused:

Such violent tendencies... tsk.. tsk....

The Empire is a loving and peaceful organisation, which believes in universal equality - that is, equal subjugation of everyone in the galaxy... and we are coolz :grin:

Yes, we all love to stroke Darth Vader, cos he haz cookies ... :tongue:

tumblr_m7vc2uDvND1rz8yo2o1_400.jpg

Edited by Pointblank

Wait, we won? YAY! I should check this topic more... Could I have the tag please?

I believe that because all 5 of the Rebel builds made it into round 2 by default, they all fell under the 25 pt amount and thus were generally higher than the Empire builds.

Also, from Lord Tyrus getting 19xp and having made it to round 2 you can see the number of comments and quality of build aren't necessarily intertwined.

Aha, yes! Still, I DO like feedback.

Edited by Lord Tyrus