Sign in to follow this  
Bob De Quatre

Episode VII: Heirloom

shadowsofeurobricks_titlecard.png

15108546313_caf5085d5d_z.jpg

blogicon.pngblogicon.pngblogicon.png

15531696448_765167f1e4_z.jpg

Rebel trooper: "During one of the battles of the Clone Wars my father was taken hostage by droids. He was rescued by Clone Troopers thankfully. Before they left him to go save someone else, one of them gave him this holdout blaster to protect himself with. I've kept it with me ever since leaving home to remind myself to watch out for people in trouble and to help them if I can."

Rebel Mon Calamari: "Slurp"

15531240029_615a1f3813_z.jpg

Stormtrooper #1: "So that's why I always keep this old Clone Wars era blaster with me."

Stormtrooper #2: "Wow! That's a lot of history wrapped up in an old blaster! See this data chip? It's all I have left of my father. He was a droid builder on Kuat before he got killed in a firefight between one of the nobles he worked for and a disgruntled servant. This chip was all I was able to recover from his work shop. Someday I hope to build a droid that can translate it for me but until then I keep fighting for the Empire. The Empire brings order whenever it goes. Had there been more order on Kuat, my father never would have died."

blogicon.pngblogicon.pngblogicon.png

The rules:

• All rules in the Core Rules topic apply unless otherwise stated in this explanation.
  • The Empire's goal and the Alliance's goal is to depict two scene: one showing their character with it's heirloom item remembering the past, and one depicting their character's ancestor using the item.
  • Heirloom item can be anything, but it must be transmissible to your character and coherent with the Star Wars universe.
  • The "character scene" has a 16x16 base size limitation with allowance for reasonable overhang. If there are any doubts about what counts as “reasonable” contact one of the SoNE staff.
  • The "Past scene" don't have any size limitation.
  • The two scene should be posted in the same thread.
  • The Episode will run from November 10th to December 14th January 4th. As long as it is still December 14th somewhere in the world, you can still enter.
  • Entries posted after the deadline will be disqualified from the episode and will not be eligible to receive points or XP.
  • Entries will be judged with up to 4 points awarded to the "character scene" and 6 points to the "past scene".
  • This episode/contest is open to all players of Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka, even if they joined EB or signed up for the game after the episode has begun, with the exception of the Star Wars staff, who are not eligible to win XP or prizes; the EB admins and moderators, who are not eligible to win prizes but may earn XP; and the episode host, who is not eligible to win prizes but may earn XP.
  • All entries must be new creations, not posted anywhere else prior to being entered in the episode. You may be asked by a staff member to change your entry if it is too similar to an earlier creation.
  • All entries must be built from real LEGO or with Lego Digital Designer. No clone brands, no third-party custom parts.
  • All entries must be posted as a new topic in the Watto's Junkyard subforum, the title prefixed by, "[soNE Ep. 7]". (For example, "[soNE Ep. 7] An old blaster".)
  • Post pictures no larger than 1000x720, as specified in the EB Member Guidelines.
  • You may do a 'full-blown photo edit' with all the text, effects, background compositing, support erasing, and other effects onone picture. All your other pictures may have no editing other than color adjustment or background removal for a solid-color background. For obvious reasons, any photo editing that changes the shape, functionality, or color (not tint or adjustment, but actual color) of a LEGO piece is prohibited.
  • All entries are considered WIPs (Works In Progress) until the deadline passes. Until the deadline has passed, you are allowed to change and improve your MOC.

The Prizes:

• All the players on the winning team will receive this tag luke_anakin.png to commemorate their victory (NOTE: this tag is a work in progress and may change). You can only have one of these tags or one of the Community Build tags at a time, but a log will be kept of all the tags you've earned in your profile in the Characters topic.
  • The player who receives the most total individual points, regardless of team, is guaranteed a spot among the next set of the blog's Showcased MOCs. (This member must still be able to provide a picture big enough and of suitable quality to be used in the Showcased banner.)
  • You will receive XP equal to the number of points you are awarded from the judges.

Yay! Another episode! Funnily enough, I had planned to do something similar to this in a freebuild, so it's my lucky day!

so I am assuming this one is a straight up most points wins contest. as for the theme/story this is quite interesting I am expecting some amazing builds this round.

The Episode will run from November 10th to December 14th. As long as it is still December 7th somewhere in the world, you can still enter.

Is it the 14th or 7th? :wacko:

so I am assuming this one is a straight up most points wins contest. as for the theme/story this is quite interesting I am expecting some amazing builds this round.

That's correct.

The Episode will run from November 10th to December 14th. As long as it is still December 7th somewhere in the world, you can still enter.

Is it the 14th or 7th? :wacko:

The 14th... Sorry :blush:

Any height restriction on the 16x16 build?

Unless Bob states otherwise later, there won't be any height restrictions. Height is usually not restricted in these contests and I think it'll be pretty specifically stated if there is one.

Interesting contest theme. I have a question though - Can you alter any of the official Star Wars weapons with any parts like the like clip thing with studs?

In what era is SoNE set?

It's safe to assume during, based by the movies of Star Wars, between Episode 4 and Episode 6 since Darth Vader is still alive along with the Empire. If I'm wrong, correct me, but this is what I've always assumed.

That's an interesting challenge and the tag looks great too.

Since we have to post both entries in one thread, are we allowed to connect the two builds?

Because I am planning to do two 16x16 vignettes and it would be cool if I could connet them with those hinge bricks -> http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=3831 and http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=3830

Interesting contest theme. I have a question though - Can you alter any of the official Star Wars weapons with any parts like the like clip thing with studs?

Yes of course, as long as you will not cut/glue elements it should be fine. Go the purist way, then you are safe from Darth Vader accidentally choking you! :grin:

(I'm not of the SoNE team so I can't guarantee it by 100%, correct me if I'm wrong ;) )

This episode sounds quite interesting by the way, less "dull" then searching for clothing or delivering a thank you note? (No offence, I appreaciate the creativity here :wink: )

Any planet restrictions?

No planet restriction.

Any height restriction on the 16x16 build?

No height restriction.

In what era is SoNE set?

SoNE is set between episodes 5 and 6.

For this particular episode, your "ancestor build" can take place at any previous era of your choice.

Can you alter any of the official Star Wars weapons with any parts like the like clip thing with studs?

The rules states no clone brand or third party custom parts. As long as you are using non-modified Lego parts you're good.

Since we have to post both entries in one thread, are we allowed to connect the two builds?

The two builds must be separated, so that the staff can score them separately. But connecting them with a hinge is fine.

Quick question here, does the Heirloom have to be tied in with our ancestors Job or Profession, or can they have picked it up during their travels and used it later in their life.

I only ask this as both Heirlooms in the examples relate to the Job of their ancestor.

Awesome. This episode exactly fits the story line I had planned. I guess ancestor has a wide definition. So it could be an uncle/ aunt great grandfather or whatever right?

Edited by Jacob Nion

I guess ancestor has a wide definition. So it could be an uncle/ aunt great grandfather or whatever right?

It's Star Wars, of course uncles/aunts are allowed! :wink:

It's Star Wars, of course uncles/aunts are allowed! :wink:

In that case I'm going to build the moisture farm of my uncle on tatooine :P

Great episode, I really hope I'll have enough time to build something ...

A long time ago in a galaxy .... when SoNE started,

I had my first freebuild, which I mentioned about my ancestor and a holocron heirloom.

Can I continue with the same ancestor and heirloom, or it has to be new entry with new features ?