La Chupacabra

[WIP MOC] Another AT - AT

None taken, in my original thread i gave props to Cavegod and explained my idea was to make an AT-AT as impressive as his but slightly smaller so the piece count wasnt going to cost the same as the expenditure of a small country :laugh:

The more I look at your schematic, the more I am tempted to try and build it. Cavegod's has always been a bit ambitious for me, but 4k pieces is doable.

In terms of your design, do you think the 8 2x2 connection points to the undercarriage is enough to support the weight of that cockpit being that far forward?

Probably not but i was planning on beefing up the connections anyway, the plan was to get as much external detail as possible till i was happy then work on the internals, i just never got time to finish it. Feel free to work on the design, it would be fantastic to see it built :classic:

No offence boys but, remember that is my topic and my AT-AT :tongue:

And a splendid AT-AT it's sure to be! ;)

Im still waiting for parts from BL, meanwhile updated movable head (thanks to All in Reflexes).

15354768784_895295abc6.jpg

Im also working on side plates of head amour to avoid use of turntables.

Edited by La Chupacabra

Little announce of upcoming pictures:

Evil Imperial Crew

15990415741_9f4733b402.jpg

New version of drive motor (I think that Dark Bluish Gray wheels look good):

15806395419_244f2f3def.jpg

Edited by La Chupacabra

A small piece of advice.

Your AT AT will be very heavy, as you are using bricks for the outside.

If you want the legs to be poseable, or, at least, be sure that your AT AT will not fall frontwards or rearwards, I suggest putting double hinges in all the leg joints. My lighter AT AT suffered a catastrophic accident because the "shoulders" (the joints which were in the top of the front legs) were not able to withstand a push from behind and the vehicle collapsed. Exactly like in Episode V where an AT AT is shot down by a Snowspeeder...

Best regards.

Thanks for your advice. It is hard to add another hinge - in that case leg or hip would have to be thicker. Im considering also non movable version... :sceptic:

After New Year i will post some photos of four legs. Now i have finished two legs and two another are half build.

Edited by La Chupacabra

In next week i will post some photos of 100% finished four legs. I have also ordered all parts for head :wink: When head will be completed i will be in middle of my MOC. So far (with head pcs) i have spent about 450€ but i have a lot of spare parts for body and for my future MOCs (AT-ST) :blush:

Empire is enlisting but still one crew member is missing :wink::

16245085666_6ae59c6f1b.jpg

Tree legs (im waiting for missing parts for four leg):

16083646310_204812c36d.jpg

Also i have idea for new foots (similar to cavegod version).

I have two hips and next two are missing parts so Im waiting again :sick:

Edited by La Chupacabra

Hips and drive motor:

16104623488_e90eb2f51c.jpg

15669739734_c6e957d2e4.jpg

15672278513_4912769653.jpg

They are quite stable. Im building head right now but again i have some missing parts :wacko:

Edited by La Chupacabra

this is gonna look great when its finished... im thinking about building one too because i believe Lego wont release UCS AT-AT anytime in the near future. And if they do i think it will come out looking like the Sandcrawler which i did not like. Way too many studs.