3_model_a_hotrod_a.jpg

^ Traditional 1929 Ford Model A-V8 hotrod on 1932 Ford deucerails build circa 1959, featuring fullhouse blown Mercury flathead with open headers, dual exhaust for streetuse, red tuck'n'roll vinyl upholstery, steelwheels painted red, skinny bias ply Firestone tyres up front, Firestone dirtrackers in the rear, Pontiac taillights, chopped windshield, clubplaque hanging from the spreaderbar. ;)

model_a_hotrod_2.jpg

^ Loosly based on this car.

5_model_a_hotrod_a.jpg

^ I got inspired by the cab-piece that came with the icecreamtruck or RV-camping and canoeingset. I thought that would be the perfect Ford Model A rearend:

7_model_a_hotrod_a.jpg

2_model_a_hotrod_a.jpg

10_model_a_hotrod_a.jpg

8_model_a_hotrod_a.jpg

^ I build it with a regular red interior, but really want it with ^this^ dark red to give it a more authentic look... I'm just missing a vital piece...

And just for fun:

6_model_a_hotrod_a.jpg

^ Meet Woody. The happy new owner of a hip model A-V8 hotrod. :)

9_model_a_hotrod_a.jpg

^ Just to compare it with the Charger

But to really appreciate this hotrod you've gotta listen to this Jack Baymoore recording: A-V8 Boogie!

And please, play loud... ;)

[media]

[/media] Edited by B Rick

You did a great job capturing so much detail at this scale. Very nice!

Love the charger too.

Thanks SirBlake!

I always try to build vehicles that are compatible with minifigs and town/citybuildings.

I have a thread on the Charger that can be found in this same forum-theme. ;)

Thanks Zblj.

The tires are just ordinairy tires that comes in lots of creatorsets . I just turned them inside-out to 'delete' the nonsense and very ugly all-terain profile.

Thanks Zblj.

The tires are just ordinairy tires that comes in lots of creatorsets . I just turned them inside-out to 'delete' the nonsense and very ugly all-terain profile.

Genius! I'm going to go do that to my hot rods right now!

I was inspired to use that piece on a hot rod as well...

LEGOHotRodHiBoy3.jpg

Thát I find almost the highest compliment. Somebody telling me I inspire him to build. 8| Thanks.

This hotrod of yours is tarting to look good already, however I would change the rearpart, by placing it higher trying to level it with the cowl. 2 plates, maybe even a full brick will do the trick. And just maybe a kick-up in the rear of the frame but keeping the wheels level to the frontwheels. I can't figure out if the engine is the same on the other side. If not: it's cool to see a rod with a hopped up four-banger. A friend of mine builds real traditional Model A's with hopped-up four cylinder engines. Ooh, and I'd switch that roofpiece to the rear of the roof. A Model A has a square frontcab that is rounded in the back. I'd tried a coupeversion of my rod with the same part but preferred the roadsterversion.

Edited by B Rick

AWESOME hot rod 'B Rick'.......really cool engine and it's minifig scale too.....sweet, I'm looking for a vehicle of similar design mind if I take some inspiration from yours ? :classic:

Brick On Drive On 'B Rick' ! :grin:

Nice roadster

Perfect build, it resembles the original perfectly.

I especially like the two tone wheels!

AWESOME hot rod 'B Rick'.......really cool engine and it's minifig scale too.....sweet, I'm looking for a vehicle of similar design mind if I take some inspiration from yours ? :classic:

Brick On Drive On 'B Rick' ! :grin:

Thanks guys!

Please don't tell anyone that I've painted the wheels red... I'm really not into customizing parts, but the red does look too good not to paint the wheels. I've used acrylics which can be removed easily if you don,t want it anymore... ;)

Hey lightningtiger! That's a great compliment. By all means, go right ahead! Nice of you to ask. Would you mind posting a pic in my thread when you're done? I'd love to see it!