Hi! I would like to present you my TC5 competition entry: I named her The Dawnbreaker :wub:

Dawnbreaker1%2B-%2Bcenter%2Btyre%2Bsharpness.jpg

Dawnbreaker2.jpg

She's built out of 9392 Quad Bike and 42026 Black Champion Racer.

used%2Bsets.jpg

She features independant front axle and dragged rear axle suspension, RWD by a pull-back motor, chain driven single cylinder fake engine, automatic return-to-centre steering provided by a huge caster angle (steering is done by the steering wheel in the cab) and manualy adjustable rear wing. I used all the stickers from 42026, which are the best looking stickers LEGO ever made, and none from 9392.

Some more photos...

Dawnbreaker3.jpg

Dawnbreaker4.jpg

d7.jpg

Dawnbreaker5.jpg

d12.jpg

d10.jpg

Dawnbreaker9.jpg

I have a leftover of 54 from 343 pieces including spare parts (13 of those are chain links).

d13.jpg

I am really satisfied how it turned out and I think there won't be any more changes to it. I hope you like it as much as I do.

I thank you in advance for your comment and constructive criticism.

Building instructions available on rebrickable.com, enjoy :wink:

Best regards, Miha

Edited by MajklSpajkl

WOW! It is an awesome buggy. I think Lego should definitely release some pull back model with fake engine - it's cool idea. Do you have more pictures? I'd like to see steering mechanism.

Thank you all for very kind response, it really feels good to build something people like and appreciate :excited:

I updated the original post with more photos.

This is why I don't enter competitions :tongue:

Awesome model, can't tell that it's a C-model just looking at the photo

Victor, I must admit it is a kind of a relief that you don't :devil:, others people chances would be soooooo much smaller :wink:

WOW! It is an awesome buggy. I think Lego should definitely release some pull back model with fake engine - it's cool idea. Do you have more pictures? I'd like to see steering mechanism.

Impressive creation. That caster angle tho!

I really liked the idea that rumpletump implemented in his go-kart model, so given that both sets I chose to alternate provided pull-back and fake engine, I just had to use them. There is a slight problem with the chain and the fake engine though. I have a feeling, that those two eat up quite an ammount of power of the pull-back motor. To be honest, the steering mechanism is just a little bit tweeked steering mechanism from the original 9392. Small changes were made just to fit the "hood" on it, and the whole setup is leaning to the back of the car. That is what generates that huge caster angle, forcing the front tires to drive straight, so the pull-back function is not limited because of steering.

That is one mad beast! I love it, especially the name.

Very good C model indeed. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I didn't want it to be just a buggy or something general, I think name adds a bit to the model...

What a great build! I could see this on the shelves and selling well.

Thanks grum64, well it actually does sell well, you have to buy 9392 and 42026 :tongue:, oh and wait for the instructions to be made...

Looks great. Not entirely convinced by the 1 cyl engine, but other than that couldnt really fault it.

Neither am I, but unfortunately one cylinder is all that those two sets provide...

Very nice model indeed.

But what is a dragged rear axle suspension?

I picked that "dragged axle" term from other builders. I think it means a rigid axle, which is tied to the chassis with a hinge, simmilar as the swivel door and by one or a couple of schock absorbers. I hope someone with more knowledge about it will pop out and tell us more about it :blush:.

Edited by MajklSpajkl

Neither am I, but unfortunately one cylinder is all that those two sets provide...

Ah, I'd forgotten the quad was a single cylinder. guess that reverts my comment back to faultless :)

Thanks. The third flex axle is provided in 42026 as an extra part and as far as the info topic suggests, extra parts are allowed. See Jim's answer in post #17 in the contest information topic, pinned on top of this forum. I know, usually those pars are just rubbish, but this flex axle is a real treat. I've used 4 extra parts in total from both sets: the flex axle, two black pins and one half bush.

Best regards, miha

Edited by MajklSpajkl

Stunning! I'm tempted to get a 42026 and (try) build this...

Thanks miguev, perhapse you should start looking for a good price on 42026, 'cause I've already taken photos of building sequnce, they just need a bit/lot of editing, since I wasn't paying too much attention to lighting, and some came out a bit fuzzy, maybe I'll just redo it. I think I'll get the BI (photo sequence, nothing fancy) out on rebrickable, but probably best after this competition is finished... I don't know, perhapse it would be good if someone tried it out before voting, or bad, if the model doesn't live up to expectations. I guess I'll have to sleep on this one... :wink:

Very nice looking off-roader

huge caster(castor?) angle needed for the pull back to work properly -

not much ground clearance - liited by the wheels of the sets you chose but that would look ace with larger wheeels