kevkipo

The Big Bang Theory Discussion

2311 North Los Robles Avenue is the in-story address of the apartment building.

Really? wow! i googled it and got a whole blueprint of Sheldon - Leonards appartment! the more you know! :grin:

Did anyone manage to find suitable yellow faces for all the minifigures? Penny and the annoying girl can't be changed because of torso printing, but those aren't the best anyway. i'm still weighing on weather to buy this.

Did anyone manage to find suitable yellow faces for all the minifigures? Penny and the annoying girl can't be changed because of torso printing, but those aren't the best anyway. i'm still weighing on weather to buy this.

I don't think most of us are looking for yellow faces for the minifigures.

This set is really largely about the minifigures as they are, and if you want non-licensed, traditionally yellow minifigures I think you're better off buying other sets.

Also, "annoying girl"? Really?

Edited by Blondie-Wan

I'm not sure about "Annoying girl" but i think you are referring to Bernadette?

Like Blondie already pointed out, if you are not okay with fleshies you should defenitely not buy this set. And i don't really think there are any suitable yellow faces either.

"The annoying girl"? Yeah, I wouldn't buy this set if I were you.

I seem to have hit a nerve with fans of the show. I couldn't remember bernadettes name, and yes, she plays an annoying character. (unless you have a submissiveness fetish) I also have no problem with fleshies, I just want some of those excellent torso prints for people who can fit in with the rest my LEGO. I am sorry to have offended anyone, i guess i underestimated the fanbase value of sitcoms and completely missed the point of LEGO which I thought was all about exchanging and combining elements to your liking. How ignorant of me.

I seem to have hit a nerve with fans of the show. I couldn't remember bernadettes name, and yes, she plays an annoying character. (unless you have a submissiveness fetish) I also have no problem with fleshies, I just want some of those excellent torso prints for people who can fit in with the rest my LEGO. I am sorry to have offended anyone, i guess i underestimated the fanbase value of sitcoms and completely missed the point of LEGO which I thought was all about exchanging and combining elements to your liking. How ignorant of me.

I'm not a fan of the show; my issue with "annoying girl" wasn't the "annoying" part. Bernadette is a PhD-holding microbiologist and a married adult woman. Would you have referred to any of the male characters as "the annoying boy"?

my issue with "annoying girl" wasn't the "annoying" part. Bernadette is a PhD-holding microbiologist and a married adult woman. Would you have referred to any of the male characters as "the annoying boy"?

So your issue is that a non-native english speaker used "girl" instead of "woman"? Really? Could it be you are reading too much into it?

Edited by LegoFjotten

This discussion has turned a sour direction. To my mind, Sven F asked a simple and straight-forward question the first time about yellow heads. The answers he got, though, were not very pleasant.

For those involved - please drop the discussion over his choice of language now.

I've done it before with a Jack Sparrow head, but a yellow sharpie changed the flesh color to yellow quite easily. Be careful when going over print because the black can smear a little. But I was impressed. I've only done it the once. I doubt I will do it again because I prefer licensed flesh tones over yellow for the most part.

So Sven i've been looking for you, i think i may have found something:

For Leonard: mt2cy98TFb3HE7CLGaWAgYQ.jpg

For Sheldon: lego_head_y_stern.300.jpg

For Howard i don't really have a fitting face, maybe because of the Sideburns, but a quick google search could suffice

For Rajesh i'm not entirely sure if you want to keep him dark skinned, because of diversion?

Hope this helps,

Thanks kevkipo, i've since decided that it's not worth buying the set, so i just brick-linked Amy and Rajesh for their great torsos, They have the best prints of the bunch for me. I think I have the two heads you posted in my inventory, and they would indeed work quite well.

Thanks kevkipo, i've since decided that it's not worth buying the set, so i just brick-linked Amy and Rajesh for their great torsos, They have the best prints of the bunch for me. I think I have the two heads you posted in my inventory, and they would indeed work quite well.

Wise decision, If you already don't like some of the figs and are not buying it for the actual design you shouldn't spend 60 Euro's for 5 of the 7 minifigs and a set you don't really have interest in. Bricklinking is the way to go here.

I think i actually might bricklink Sheldon since i haven't bought this set either, (Kinda strange for the guy who started this topic huh :grin: )

I hope we haven't changed your mind about the set?

Edited by kevkipo

I wanted to share my additions and changes to the BBT cast minifigures, so others can benefit from my discoveries, designs, and choices.

22788572373_0be3a2ce91_c.jpg

The Big Bang Theory Cast (+1) by Silent Nomad, on Flickr

The two that might be hardest to see are the piece Howard's holding (an ace from the Jester collectible minifigure), and the piece Bernadette's holding (an upside-down transparent round tile, meant to be a petri dish). Any other questions, feel free to ask.

I might borrow the hair choice for Howard. The one they have for him, while I'd love it in my collection, isn't as accurate as the one you have. Penny's is pretty accurate either way you slice it.

And yes, I bought myself this one on a whim, even though I'm not the biggest fan of the show personally (It's like a nerdier, if you want to call it that, version of Seinfeld but half as funny)

A simple and clever idea for a petri dish. And Sheldon needs his flags. Although I would recommend him holding an old Crusaders flag from the early 90s since his apartment's "crest" is very similar to that.

But fun nonetheless.

^ Agreed. I mean it's a great set, coming from someone who's not even a fan of the show, but given the price and amount of parts, they could have thrown in a few episode-specific jokes/references like with the Simpsons sets, like the friendship algorithm could be on the whiteboard or let Sheldon have his Fun with Flags flags. They details they do have are good like the Green Lantern lantern and nanofigs used as action figures.

Thanks, guys. I can't actually take credit for the petri dish idea, because that was suggested to me a few pages earlier in this same thread. I think every other idea was mine, though. I really like the robot arm I came up with, which was a very last minute inspiration. For the brain, I was gonna use one of the alien brains, but I wanted something more human-looking, and the print on that piece worked perfectly. I hope I inspired some of you to make similar, or even completely different, additional accessory choices.

I'm thinking about buying the set off of ebay, and I see that a lot of the prices are way way lower than the msrp, like single digit numbers. Is this a good buy or is this too good to be true? Thank you!

I'm thinking about buying the set off of ebay, and I see that a lot of the prices are way way lower than the msrp, like single digit numbers. Is this a good buy or is this too good to be true? Thank you!

You mean for the figures? If you're not looking at either loose figures, separate instructions, sets without figures, or used sets, then it's probably a scam.