kevkipo

The Big Bang Theory Discussion

Then wait, same as mine, we still have the Exo Suit. If you wanna catch the points it's a nice deal

Don't blame me if they are gone tho :distressed:

:laugh: Haha, no worries. Thanks for the response.

I'll ask how long they expect to have and probably get there the first day of double VIP just scoop it up before anyone.

Day one purchase for sure. I attempted day one purchase of Exo Suit and Research Institute...sold out before I got a chance. I lucked into the early December release of the RI before it sold out again. After the Exo Suit sold out, I lost interest in it, so not too upset I didn't purchase it. But this is a must have, so I will not risk it.

I reckon this one will be available for some time, given it is a licensed set. It will be interesting to see if it is available in stores other than Lego (like BTTF and Ghostbusters). If so, expect sales and long availability.

I get kind of tired of people complaining about some minifigures not using the Woody legs. Why should they? Those are HUGE! They wouldn't look right at all on any minifigure besides Woody or Jessie.

I've seen people use ones (painted brown) for Chewbacca, and I have to say they work really well there. I would not at all mind seeing a Chewie with the longer legs (and arms) show up sometime.

I agree Sci, i never even understood why those where made! awful 3 studded things...

Because those particular characters required them. They're much taller and lankier than Buzz, and would not look as good without them.

When do you guys recommend buying the Big Bang set?

I kinda want to wait until Double VIP Points in October, do you think that they'll still be around till then?

The licensed Ideas sets in general appear to have much larger / longer production runs and availability periods than the non-licensed ones (naturally, since they have the broadest appeal beyond basic LEGO fandom). I expect this set to be around for several months at a minimum, and possibly a year (though I've certainly been wrong many times before).

I never really paid attention to this set (liked the show, but not enough to get a LEGO set of it), but when I looked at it the other day, I just went from "couldn't care less" to "gotta get it when it first comes out!"

With just a few modifications here and there, I can finally create the Pulp Fiction diorama I've been planning to do for the longest time. Most of the parts are already in the set: The couch, the table, the seat, I just have to change the layout of the "study" to turn it into the "kitchen". There's even a door that leads to the "washroom" positioned perfectly just like in the movie! I mean, I could probably get those bricks for cheaper if I just did a pick-a-brick or bricklink, but this is just easier for a lazy guy like me! (Plus, Sheldon's printed Flash shirt is a bonus for me!)

Edited by pong0814

I never really paid attention to this set (liked the show, but not enough to get a LEGO set of it), but when I looked at it the other day, I just went from "couldn't care less" to "gotta get it when it first comes out!"

With just a few modifications here and there, I can finally create the Pulp Fiction diorama I've been planning to do for the longest time. Most of the parts are already in the set: The couch, the table, the seat, I just have to change the layout of the "study" to turn it into the "kitchen". There's even a door that leads to the "washroom" positioned perfectly just like in the movie! I mean, I could probably get those bricks for cheaper if I just did a pick-a-brick or bricklink, but this is just easier for a lazy guy like me! (Plus, Sheldon's printed Flash shirt is a bonus for me!)

Yeah, its definitely interchangeable. Just a few modifications and you have a perfect living room of an apartment, or even a nice little home for Peter Parker. :wink:

Actually picked this up today at MasterMind called the Lego Store for fun and they won't have it until August 1st I was so surprised and glad I got this!

Is anyone else planning to extend the sit and make the entire apartment (e.g. Kitchen and the boys rooms)?

I would love to see someone make it!

I would love to see someone make it!

Is anyone else planning to extend the sit and make the entire apartment (e.g. Kitchen and the boys rooms)?

Its bound to happen. And I for one am excited to see it. :sweet:

Does anyone have any ideas for any alternate accessories for the characters that aren't in the set? I already came up with a light blue bladed lightsaber for Leonard, a white flag on a black or brown lightsaber blade piece for Sheldon, maybe a transparent pink brain piece or turtle for Amy, and (to copy someone else's idea) a wine bottle and glass for Penny, but I'm not sure what to give Bernadette. Also, what do you guys think of using this piece for Penny's hair instead of the included piece?

Leonard's lightsaber is green. That hairpiece looks like the style Penny had when she was making french toast . . . on oatmeal day.

Maybe a flask or something like that... you know, with some deadly virus in it.

That's what I was suggesting in a conversation with my mom (my parents are really into the show too), since Lego has that erlenmeyer flask piece. She was thinking that could be an option for Amy, because of that scene where Sheldon's working in her lab with her and she has him wash all those beakers and stuff. I still think I like that idea for Bernadette, though, because Amy's more about brains than beakers. Any other ideas?

I'd give Bernadette a reference to her current job. She works on drug development, so a syringe and a petri dish, or pill bottle made of a white 1x1 round brick and a blue 1x1 round plate.

How do you think the petri dish would be made? Another idea for a pill bottle could be a trans orange 1x1 round brick and a white round tile.