kevkipo

The Big Bang Theory Discussion

Next season premiere won't be for seven months. That seems really unlikely given that it's the next Ideas set due and they just announced two more(Wall E and Dr Who) and they'll probably announce the next one around September as well. That'd be a heck of a backlog.

I have sort of a love-hate relationship with BBT, but I am all for this decision. It seems like a natural alliance, the characters being such big nerds and playing with LEGO themselves. I mean...we could get recursive LEGO here.

And the announcement of the Doctor Who set makes it all the more exciting, because now LEGO Raj can have a LEGO Tardis at his LEGO Halloween party. :laugh:

The announcement of the Doctor Who set makes it all the more exciting, because now LEGO Raj can have a LEGO Tardis at his LEGO Halloween party. :laugh:

To which Howard can go as Batman, Leonard can go as Frodo or Green Lantern (except for the mask), Sheldon (or all of them) can go as the Flash, Penny (if she's in the set) can go as Wonder Woman, Raj himself can go as Aquaman or Thor (though it'd have to be the Marvel character and not the Norse god like in the episode). The possibilities are great. :grin:

I hope it's pretty much as it appeared in the Ideas concept--Leonard and Sheldon's living room, with all those trinkets and gewgaws.

I hope it's pretty much as it appeared in the Ideas concept--Leonard and Sheldon's living room, with all those trinkets and gewgaws.

Well that's what I was hoping for as well but I know how Lego Ideas can be about making big sets. :sceptic:

To extend my earlier idea further, you could have Sheldon as Wonder Woman, Leonard as Supergirl, Howard as Batgirl, and Raj as Catwoman, though the last two wouldn't really be in the right costumes for the scene I have in mind.

To extend my earlier idea further, you could have Sheldon as Wonder Woman, Leonard as Supergirl, Howard as Batgirl, and Raj as Catwoman, though the last two wouldn't really be in the right costumes for the scene I have in mind.

Why do we want them like that?

I got news!

For both of the new LEGO Ideas sets, the pricing was said to be at NZD 109.99 which converts to around $80 so my guess is that the sets will be between $70-$90. What this may mean is that the sets will be the most expensive LEGO Ideas sets to date and will probably be the largest in terms of piece count as well. They also told me that they will be available in New Zealand in September but we usually get the sets a little earlier so I’m thinking around the middle of summer wave sets. - See more at: http://www.thebrickfan.com/#sthash.XNJSZlLV.dpuf

Thanks to Allan

Thanks for the news! :classic:

A 70 - 90 $ set sounds great! I'm really excited for more information.

Those price points probably mean the BBT set and Wall-E. That would match up with the expected size and piece count.

Those price points probably mean the BBT set and Wall-E. That would match up with the expected size and piece count.

The full article at the link makes it clear they are indeed those two sets. It certainly would seem to answer concerns over whether the The Big Bang Theory set would be able to include all seven main characters.

Expanding to larger sets does also seem like a logical next step for Ideas sets in general, after all the other ways in which it's grown since it began (doing licensed projects, launching new themes, ramping up release schedules from one every couple years to four a year, etc.).

Edited by Blondie-Wan

I thought australian and new zealand prices were always grossly hig? thus making the converted price of 80$ actually end up being a price of like 50-60$ in the U.S ?

109.99 NZD = £53.46 GBP = $80.89 USD

It never converts like that.

Ever!

Exactly. The Pirate chess set people converted the price, and in USD it turned out to be a lot cheap, around $60. Which is what I think the set will be.

Exactly. The Pirate chess set people converted the price, and in USD it turned out to be a lot cheap, around $60. Which is what I think the set will be.

Dingdingding we have a winner

I would think $50 would be the best price for both this set and the Wall-E ones just based on the concepts, but I wouldn't mind $60. I think both sets will turn out great.

Dingdingding we have a winner

What do I win?!?!

I would think $50 would be the best price for both this set and the Wall-E ones just based on the concepts, but I wouldn't mind $60. I think both sets will turn out great.

I go with "Ideas" tax and if you think they should be one price, at $10+. :classic:

NZ prices are vastly different from the rest of the world, plus we also seem to get sets a month or two late. The DO is priced at NZD300 compared to USD160, and still has not arrived in NZ.