de Gothia

HSS Nautical: The Quay of Sionnach

Sionnach is growing each day. Downstream from the Gatehouse of Sionnach, a small quay is situated in the river of Avonmora. Mostly fish and clams are passed through the small gatehouse in the big city wall, but also some limonite and other goods from Benoic are gathered here.

15545473558_fa270c357f.jpg

15111540003_cbba82231e.jpg

15110959264_ce1a80bc0f.jpg

15545042319_84b3b91e07.jpg

15545480528_69fc568ae5.jpg

C&C as always most welcome!

I want to claim HSS Nautical for this build.

Edited by de Gothia

Awesome De Gothia! Love it!

The sense of movement and all the details are just top notch! Congratulations once again. :classic:

I only dislike one thing. The barrels tops. I prefer round tiles 2x2 instead of 2x2 round plates. :sweet:

Edited by cesbrick

Very nice build, DG. I like the little scene with the seagulls trying to eat the fish, I think that was a nice little touch to the build. The only thing I don't like about the build are the different color covers for the containers and barrels. I think it looks ugly, that's all.

Very nice build, de Gothia!

That angled wall looks nice, especially with the use of standard hinges with added cheese-slopes to fill the gap on the backside. The chimney on the house works particularly well. The arches over the gate look nice with the greebling.

The opposite bank could use a little bit more detailing, IMO. It seems a bit plain compared to the quay-side of the river.

Brick on, de Gothia!

Pretty epic DG! So much nice details, like the goat herder, the decorations above the gate, the angled wall, the seagulls... Very enjoyable scene. :thumbup:

A great addition to Sionnach! I really enjoy these builds you have, as they truly give me the feel of Avalonia. On a side note, what piece are you using for the water? Looks like an 8x8 trans light blue plate, but according to brick link those don't exist!

Another great build, I like the activity that's going on, and the water is really very nice and peaceful looking! The wall angles are great too! :thumbup:

Awesome build DG. I really like the "big fish" you put there. Also the arch in the wall is lovely. Great one!

Great job, the only things I could suggest would be some more trans 1 x 1 round plates in the water, some more detail/colour variation on the dark tan riverbank and some more windows in the angled walls, there is a hint of big grey wall sindrome there. :wink:

Thanks guys! Glad you liked it!

Many opinions about my barrel tops though! :laugh: I like them with studs and in different colours!

Kayne: Those plates are trans medium blue and comes in the winter village sets.

Brickcurve: Yeah I often thought about the BGW syndrome and castle back in the days was kind of lame... :classic::wink: But windows in a wall full of stones seems pointless though..?

I like this quite a bit! And while I do agree with the negative comments about the barrel lids, I think the big grey wall is awesome here.

Very good port build! I like the colorscheme of the house on the back side :wub:

And there are so many great little scenes within the build: the shepherd and his herd of goats; the shipment of goods being unloaded; and the lady trying to shoo the seagulls away from the fish :thumbup:

Simple yet effective build! I really miss simpler classic type builds like these. Solid with playability. Great posing with the seagulls as well!

Lovely build de Gothia! The angling on the walls looks great, that's something that I always have a hard time with. Really nice!

Clean build, crisp photography, nice story - in short, as nice as always and as is to be expected. I like it!

An instantly recognizeable dG build :classic:

I especially like the quay area and the whole riverside along the wall, and the houses against the walls on both sides look great. I also like how the wall bends along the river and the "inside" corners are excellent. The "outside" corners however are a tad to gapped for my taste, I think that 1x2 cheese slopes offset by 5 plates each might have made a better joint, at least at some angles. (At a certain angle, wedge bricks/plates actually work to make both a smooth concave and convex corner, as I've tried here.)

Edited by Gideon

Pretty scene and a ton of great details. The dock in particular looks really good with the surrounding wall and landscape. Sweet work dG!