Si-MOCs

Calvin And Hobbes - Adventure!

15542180957_52cb835ab5_z.jpg

Calvin and Hobbes has a super special place in my heart, and a few months before BrickCon, LEGOJunkie asked me: "So... you have a lot of orange right?"

What ensued was a wonderful little collab, and resulted in possibly my favorite build I've ever done. Evan did Calvin, I did Hobbes.

15703883976_f27f37ae33_z.jpg

OMG that's gorgeous! I loved Calvin and Hobbes as a kid, and you just brought all the nice memories back :-)

Bill Watterson was the MAN! His art has made me want to do my own. It's wonderful to see Lego art continuing the legacy.

Absolutely stunning! The posing is brilliant, and all of the different shades off colors used are undeniably fantastic! :wub:

Really cute! :thumbup: Like the first picture's background as well!

^Ha

I love it. Very well done. I'm not sold on Calvin, but only because of shaping with LEGO is difficult. Hobbes is spot on though. This is such a well known pose for them, so it is very fitting to see it in LEGO form.

Keep up the good work. My daughter has really gotten into C&H lately, I should look into reverse engineering this for her.

This looks great, Si-MOCs!

They are both instantly recognizable. My favorite details are the fuzz on Hobbes' belly and Calvin's hair. The posing is great as well and very fitting for the characters.

Does Hobbes have a tail?

Brick on, Si-MOCs!

Even though C&H don't have a widespread audience in Germany, I love them and so do I love your fantastic MOC! :wub:

Btw.: Is that really you, Hobbes? :cry_happy:

Amazing MOC! Calvin and Hobbes was part of my childhood before Lego was so this is really cool too me as well as a lot of others I'm sure!

Awesome model! They looks just like out of the cartoon! Though the cartoon does have a dark side to it... but I will leave that for now.

This encapsulates my childhood. I grew up reading these strips and building with Legos. I think I may have to try and recreate this moc. Awesome build.