Looks like it's not 100% effective (one yolk fell through in the video). Nice looking model nonetheless, would be cool if you could make it break the egg for you too!

Interesting! How do you clean it?

Lots of hot water? :laugh:

But, very interesting method of separating eggs. And even completely non-mechanical, yet functional.

Edited by Balrog

This could be the birth of a whole new genre of GBC style devices. Each stage of the device does a different step in the baking of a cake or cookies. The oven stage is going to be troublesome though.

v/r

Andy

Oh no you didn't! *huh*

I hope you also washed the bricks before the test :grin:. Besides bricks, you must really love baking, one such device would never come to my mind. I like good cake though :tongue:

Very clever! :thumbup:

Great job, although the 75% efficiency will limit sales. :)

Probably the only reason for that yolk going through was because it was broken during the cracking process... not a problem with the machine so much!

I guess washing this would be the same as with any other lego model - just put it in the dishwasher :)

Not bad at all, it can run unattended, which can make it up for the false negatives of losing some yolks.

I just break the shell in 2 halves as equally as possible and keep moving the yold from one half to the other, back and forth, until all the white is out. The sharp edge of the shells helps a lot, but the movements that it takes to get rid of (nearly) all the white are not repetitive, as they depend on each yolk's size. Sometimes there's a hard thread in the white that I need to cut using the shells' edges, wouldn't be fun mechanizing / automating that part :D

Now there's something you don't see everyday!

100% effective or not, stick Gordon Ramsays or Heston Blumenthals name on the side and it'll sell like hot cakes :sweet:

Edited by grum64