TheOneVeyronian

[MOD] The Ender Dragon from 21117

Hello all!

First off, I would like to state that I don't play Minecraft, so my reference material was basically poor quality screengrabs of the Ender dragon from a Google image search. But even though I don't play Minecraft, I couldn't help but be attracted to the Ender Dragon from set 21117. But, after reading VBBN's insightful review on the set, I realised it had problems, and it inspired me to chalk up a slightly more accurate and poseable modification of the Ender Dragon in the set in LDD. This is what I've come up with:

15703446761_ebdb3bf1e6_z.jpg

Minecraft - The Ender Dragon (21117 mod) by TheOneVeyronian, on Flickr

Basically, gone are most of the hinge plates and they've been replaced with Mixel balljoints to enable more dynamic poses. The legs especially annoyed me as in the previous model, if you bent the legs outwards, the dragon was basically standing on the edges of it's feet, now at least partially fixed by the use of Mixel balljoints. Until the Mixel balljoints are made in black though, black 1x2, 2x2 inverted brackets had to be used in order to maintain more of it's colour homogenity. But the biggest difference is the fact that I have got rid of the flapping wing function in the model and have given it more realistic brick built wings.

If you would like to mod your own Ender Dragon to look like this one or use it as a starting point for your own mods, then here is the LDD file for that purpose. All parts do exist, though please be aware that the old style hinges used in the wings either don't exist or are very rare in light bluish gray (but common in the old light grey), and the model should work in real life. Please ignore the random decorations, they were used for the purposes of giving the Ender Dragon it's proper decals in the render.

Comments are welcome!