Sign in to follow this  
Uspez

MEC Category A: Durin's Bane

Here is my entry for MEC Category A: Durin's Bane. Recreate Gandalf's glorious battle with an ancient Balrog!

The part count is around 300 and consists of a mighty Balrog and Gandalf. My plan for Durin's Bane is that a balrog is big enough to be a set without any fluff and could be packaged like a Hero Factory or Bionicle set. The bridge of Khazad-dûm would be great but huge and spendy and could still be a separate set with generous helping of Moria orcs.

Play features are super important and Durin's Bane is fully articulated, can stand easily without tail support (but the tail helps a lot), has a light brick for an inner fire effect, has a platform for Gandalf to stand on to reenact the falling scene and has a removable chest that Gandalf can break off with Glamdring to expose the weak point!

Things that would be improved by LEGO could be a break apart, light up sword (it shatters against Glamdring), possibly a different fire whip and various other parts such as wings and the fire mane.

15695793842_593d0541da.jpg

15509010677_74d455bbc2.jpg

15508331929_e3ca8b9df5.jpg

15074848683_d2b544c214_n.jpg15694202805_ab45ec76c3_n.jpg

Thanks for looking! Here's the flickr set -- https://www.flickr.c...157648682553027

Edited by Uspez

Great balrog, I would love to see this as a set. However if it were an actual set I feel like there would be some sort of small rock structure, probably with a launching feature to launch gandalf.

Great balrog, I would love to see this as a set. However if it were an actual set I feel like there would be some sort of small rock structure, probably with a launching feature to launch gandalf.

A collapsing bridge, surely!