Hi Guys, let me start by saying l'm brand new to the world of forums... (sorry)..lol...Hope l'm doing ok so far !!

So l'm using LDD and working on a project that is huge... about half a million bricks and so far it covers 26 32x32 baseplates. My pc is not running to well and has almost died a few times !!! In short I'm getting a new PC. I want to get the pest components for my LDD project in my PC... can anybody help me with some info as to what l should need in my pc to build and use LDD smoothly with no lagging and dragging....Thanks in advance.

Half a million bricks? I'm sorry to tell that to you, but LDD is unable to manage such a number of bricks even with the most powerful PC.

It is a limit of the software, not a limit of the machine: LDD has not been designed for such workloads.

Obviously a powerful PC helps to manage a large amount of bricks, but half a million are too much.

This issue has been previously discussed on this board, for example in this topic.

PS: as the user bbqqq discovered, the limit is related to the number of polygons and not the the number of bricks (click).

Yes, LDraw also has it's limitations. The limit depends on the software you use (for example MLcad, LDCad, SR3D Builder or BrickSmith) and the specs of your computer, but I think they will also struggle with half a million parts. :sceptic:

Can't you split your model in three or four pieces?