Doctor Sinister

New member here - some pictures/video of my small town.

Hello all,

I am rather nervously submitting a linky to the website for my LEGO town (Tabletown) for your perusal - although I'm aware that my town is undoubtedly a minnow compared to some of the creations out there. :'-(

tabletownlatestsmall.jpg

Regards,

Dr. S.

Hi. Welcome to EB. I'm on dial up right now so I can't see your town. I'll watch it when I get home.

Hello Doctor Sinister! Welcome at Eurobricks!

I am rather nervously submitting a linky to the website for my LEGO town (Tabletown) for your perusal...

Never be afraid to post something here. We're all very friendly ;-)

You town looks great. You shouldn't be afraid to compare it with the other town-MOCs in this forum.

There is a part in the movie where the camera appears to be mounted on a Lego train.

How did you do that?

Edited by bonaparte

Hello Doctor Sinister! Welcome at Eurobricks!

Never be afraid to post something here. We're all very friendly ;-)

You town looks great. You shouldn't be afraid to compare it with the other town-MOCs in this forum.

There is a part in the movie where the camera appears to be mounted on a Lego train.

How did you do that?

Hi there! Thanks for the feedback.

Here's a picture which should explain all!

TTmaking.jpg

The camera is mounted on a train motor, which has a frame built off it to house the casing and an elastic band around it to keep it from wobbling. Behind it, to give stability, smoothness and a bit more power is a complete locomotive. I had to rotate the video by 270 degrees when editing it as of course it was on its side.

Oh, and I'm sorry if the music was a little repetitive, I was determined that the film should be 100% my own work, so shied away from any kind of copyrighted material. Now, on the basis that I am, not a musician, this presented some problems - so I downloaded a drum sequencer thingy from the net and made a track using that. It was the best I could do.

The town is a permanent fixture, although it's only just been rebuilt after my builders destroyed it a year ago - it's still dusty in places, I'm busy renovating and cleaning it but I was kind of keen to make a film.

If anyone is interested, I've got a few minutes' worth of footage of just the train - from the "footplate", it goes around the track one way about 5 times, then the other:

Test Footage

Dr. S.

Edited by Doctor Sinister

I love the idea of having a pirate ship in such a modern day town's port *y* .

haha, very nice though.

-TD

Yeah, I figure it's a tourist attraction - besides which, I had to put it somewhere, the house is full of Star Wars LEGO. *vader*

Dr. S.

I am rather nervously submitting a linky to the website for my LEGO town (Tabletown) for your perusal - although I'm aware that my town is undoubtedly a minnow compared to some of the creations out there.

Well you have to start somewhere and IMO this is an excellent start. Welcome to Eurobricks and thanks for sharing your layout with us. My favorite part is actually your sig-fig. Doctor Sinister is very cool.

But the camera mount is ingenious. I'm going to use your idea to film my town, once it's a little more solid.

I'm really glad you decided to share and I can't wait to see how the town grows!

Well you have to start somewhere and IMO this is an excellent start. Welcome to Eurobricks and thanks for sharing your layout with us. My favorite part is actually your sig-fig. Doctor Sinister is very cool.

But the camera mount is ingenious. I'm going to use your idea to film my town, once it's a little more solid.

I'm really glad you decided to share and I can't wait to see how the town grows!

Thanks!

Doctor Sinister is my name across the web - here's how I really look:

doc1.jpg

You see? Perfect match for the Sinister mini-fig. :-)

The camera mount was a bit tricky and it took me a few goes to get it right as it was essentially very top-heavy. Adding the second locomotive behind was the real key it seems. If you want any pictures of the mount I can supply them, but I guess it would be trial and error really, based on the size and weight of your camera. I initially tried a camcorder but it didn't take corners very well. :-D

I'm planning to take some footage of the town with the camera mounted sideways, as if it's from the side window of the train.

As for the town growing - I'm not sure it can get much bigger, I'm a bit limited for space now. :'-(

Dr. S.

Hey Dr S.

Welcome to EB.

Super llovely video, I absolutly adore the music :).

The only thing I really dislike is all that dust, you must do some cleaning once in a while. :-P

Hello and welcome! *y*

Your layout is very interesting and nice, a pretty large town indeed.

And your introduction video

Welcome. I love the video, and the camera solution was very ingenious.

Lots of nice touches in your town, you should be proud of it.

Hey Dr S.

Welcome to EB.

Super llovely video, I absolutly adore the music :).

The only thing I really dislike is all that dust, you must do some cleaning once in a while. :-P

Part of it is clean, part of it isn't - I'm on a rolling program. You should have seen it 2 months ago. My builders kindly picked up one half of the town and threw it on top of the other half - then threw some rolls of carpet on top for good measure. Some LEGO pieces actually got broken - I was not happy. It took me a year to clear the garage out and another two months to rebuild it to the state it's in now - cleaning is the final phase but I got impatient to take some pix and make a video in case it got nuked again! :-D

Dr. S.

I'm aware that my town is undoubtedly a minnow compared to some of the creations out there. :'-(

Well it's bigger than mine! It even has ninjas! Welcome to Eurobricks!

I am rather nervously submitting a linky

Dr. S.

Dont be :-) And If you think there's better creations out there, there's also worse, For example my town

Somonerandom - What town?

Exactly!

Now on topic

I love the little details here n there! *wub* Great job! *y*

Hey Doc.

Don't worry your city is much more bigger and elegant then mine, which is (at the momont) and bakery(moc), a poorly designed house(moc),a street sweaper, a few fire veacules and a fire station but soon I hope to have a moc garage, telephone box, truck, house and some other things.

:'-(

Thanks to everyone for the feedback - my MOC skills are limited and I was quite nervous about showing Tabletown to the world as it's predominantly just plain LEGO kits, but you've all made me feel very welcome.

Dr. S.

Well I just got home and I got on the computer. I clicked on the link and it said ''page cannot be displayed.''

Darn. >:-( Your video sounds great though.

Doctor Sinister! I just got your application for Gavin & Gregor to come visit TableTown! That's so great. I will get back to you officially soon. I'm a little behind with that particular promotion, but they are off to France in a couple days. Thanks for applying, we'll add you to the itinerary!

Well I just got home and I got on the computer. I clicked on the link and it said ''page cannot be displayed.''

Darn. >:-( Your video sounds great though.

Hmmm, try it again - it's definitely working, the site isn't down or anything (I'd have my minions killed if it were :-) ).

Doctor Sinister! I just got your application for Gavin & Gregor to come visit TableTown! That's so great. I will get back to you officially soon. I'm a little behind with that particular promotion, but they are off to France in a couple days. Thanks for applying, we'll add you to the itinerary!

Many thanks - I'm sure they'd have a great time!

Dr. S.

I'm at the neighbors and using their computer. It finally works. Yah! *sweet* Great video.

Awsome layout sir , i'm about to start on mine and it's god to see what others are doing :D

Awsome layout sir , i'm about to start on mine and it's god to see what others are doing :D

Please don't bump 6 year old topics when you have little to add to the discussion. Thank you.