Sign in to follow this  
Flipz

Heroica RPG - Quest #118: The Tale of the Stolen Spirits

Hallow's Eve

Inn of the Wayward Angel

14857274920_c9b529be37_z.jpg

15316598652_28afe8fde5_t.jpg

"I'm not sure which was scarier, the junk or the people carrying it."

Candlelights flicker across the deathly still room as Val Helsinger voices her opinion of the night's previous tale. Next to her, the white-garbed Isaac Faare nods airily.

d7fpJOk.png

"That was rather lovely. I do have a fondness for such knick-knacks."

The storyteller in question, Lucas E. Alan, inclines his head thoughtfully towards the quiet woman in violet.

15294972691_d267110d9f_t.jpg

"What are your thoughts, Mallora? I must confess, I was really looking forward to your opinion of my tale."

A Sharkling swathed in opera clothes lays her hand upon Lucas' shoulder.

15128536980_9a452c4102_t.jpg

"Patience, my dear Lucas. The latest member of our Society has always been a woman of few words."

"Few, but not none." He looks to Mallora with concern. "All through my tale, I have heard nary a word from you. Was it truly not to your liking?"

The indigo-clad woman shakes her head.

15314607412_be5f723dc6_t.jpg

"It is not your tale that weighs upon me. It is mine."

Val and Isaac exchange glances.

15316598652_28afe8fde5_t.jpg

"Dramatic as an actor. Didn't expect any less. What's this weighty factor? What has you under duress?"

d7fpJOk.png

"If it weighs so heavily on your shoulders, our cryptic new recruit, the only solution is to 'spit it out', if you excuse my crude wording. But, please, do tell."

Carlotta sits back in her chair.

15128536980_9a452c4102_t.jpg

"Come come now dear, the night is eventually going to come to an end."

Lucas, too, takes his seat, gesturing to Mallora to rise as he puffs on his cigar.

"The Midnight Society welcomes our latest member to tell the last tale of the night. Tell on, Mallora."

Mallora nods, rising from her seat--and then without warning, snuffs out the candle. The sounds of night rush in to fill the void--hinges creaking in doorless chambers, strange and frightening sounds echoing through the halls. Darkness falls across the band--the midnight hour is close at hand.

15314607412_be5f723dc6_t.jpg

"Tonight, all of you--even you, Isaac--have told us a tale of Heroes. It could be argued that it suits your natures, or perhaps it makes for a better tale. Perhaps. But there are other things in this world--shadows in the night, shadows lurking within us all. You bring me tales of Heroes--but I...I bring you a tale of monsters."

"Presented for the approval of the Midnight Society, I call this story...The Tale of the Stolen Spirits."

15483076160_33896de14a_o.jpg

"One autumn eve, four Heroes gathered at the Guild of Invision Headquarters. Those Heroes were:"

The Party:

ava-ellaria4.jpg

Ellaria Arbour
(Sandy)

23 years old female human Druid

Level 30
*Immune to Sealing, Poisoned and Bleeding* *Ignis Fatuus: permanently
poisoned by 15
*Party Leader*

Power:
(30+12)

Defense:
(3+4)

Health:
46/46
(9+29+7+1)

Ether:
42/42
(5+29+5+1+2)

Gold:

Equipment:
Ignis Fatuus (WP:12, permanently poisoned by 15,
fire
- and
lighting
-elemental staff), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3, Max Ether +5, protects from sealing; bodywear), Sterile Gloves (immunity to poisoned and bleeding, handwear), Spider Helmet (SP:4, passes poisoned and bleeding effects to the enemy when the wearer is hit; headwear)

Inventory:

Weapons
Sylvania's Crossbow (WP:10,
wood
-elemental crossbow), Pan Flute (WP: 7, instrument), Wizard's Staff (WP:1,
fire
wind
water
- and
earth
-elemental staff),

Artefacts:
Ranger's Quiver (WP: +1 to bows and crossbows. Suitable for rangers, beast warriors, infiltrators, and winged warriors), Spirit Robe (Renders wearer invisible to the enemy for the first three rounds of battle so they do not take free hits; backwear), Black Bandana (Power +3, pirate lingo; headwear),
Paper Doll (Protects from hexed; accessory)

Spell Items:
Scroll of Inspiration (Inspired for rest of battle, 10 ether, 50/50 chance) Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Weakening, Serenade of Water (Causes Water damage equal to the minstrel's level to all enemies per round for as long as the song is sung. Costs 10 ether per round. Battle Song), Ruby (
Fire
)

Consumables:
3 Potions, 2 Grand Potions, 4 Health Cores, 4 Tonics, 5 Grand Tonics, Ether Core, Elixir, 2 Remedies, 2 Neutralizers, Tiger Balm, 2 Phoenix Essences, 2 Meads, 2 Smelling Salts, 2 Nostrum, 2 Soma, Ambrosia, Deadly Venom, 2 Smoke Bombs, Flash Bomb, 3 Fire Bombs, Ice Bomb, 2 Lightning Bombs, 2 Water Bombs, 2 Holy Bombs, Pumpkin Bomb (Causes stunned-, poisoned-, asleep-, blinded-, sealed- and confused-effects to all opponents when used.)

Tools:
Bedroll, Pickaxe, Telescope, Magic Compass, Magnifying Glass

14260855264_c8919cec5c_o.jpg

Hybros (played by JimButcher)

53-year-old male imp Chi Monk
*Hastened*
*Immune to
Cursed
Asleep
Blinded
Confused
Fragile
Weakened
*Immune to all elements except wood*
*Intimidation*
*Natural Respite*

Level:

Power Bonus:
1 (6 in front row)

Defense:

Health:
53/53
(7+31+12+3*)

Ether:
34/34
(31+3)

Gold:

Equipment:
Golden Armor
(user is permanently hastened and cursed,
fire
water
earth
wind
ice
lightning
darkness
light
-elemental, grants immunity to Sleep, Blindness, Confusion, Frailty, and Weakening; bodywear),
The Black Hat
(Suitable for anyone, grants
Intimidation
, immune to
darkness
and
cursed
, headwear),
Fighting Boots
(Power +5 on the front row; suitable to barbarians, knights, rogues, beast warriors, chi monks, dragoons, harlots, infiltrators, marauders, skirmishers, regulators and winged warriors),

Inventory:

• Sword of Ancestral Hatred (WP: 45.25 gains 1/4 WP every kill made with it; longsword), Zoot's Reaper (WP:15; scythe, suitable to Hybros), Clock Cog (WP:14, retrievable), Banana Bladerang (WP:9, damage all, retrievable), Justice (WP:8, causes blinded-effect, dagger), Twin Kunai (WP:6, dual strike, daggers), Hollow Dagger (WP:6, hollow blade [nothing]; dagger), Spinning Bolas (WP: 5, deals the Slowed effect, but the effect is removed when retrieved; retrievable), Wrench (WP:3, decreases the target’s level by 1, retrievable),

• Sticky Gloves (gains 50% more gold, suitable for Rogues, handwear), Baron's Epaulets (Suitable for short heroes, grants Command over short NPCs), Cloak of the Blue Assassin (SP:1, suitable to Rogues; backwear), Cloak of the Red Assassin (Chance of Assassination is 1/3, suitable for Assassins; backwear), Sterile Gloves (grants immunity to poisoned- and bleeding-effects, handwear),

• Emerald, Garnet, Amethyst, Diamond, Ruby, Sapphire, Opal, Scroll of Luck (grants Lucky-effect for one battle, costs 10 ether)

• 13 Potions, 12 Grand Potions, 16 Health Cores, 11 Remedies, 2 Neutralizers, 3 Elixirs, 3 Grand Tonics, Soma, 2 Phoenix Essences, 4 Phoenix Incenses, 2 Deadly Venoms, 3 Smoke Bombs, 3 Holy Bombs, 5 Nostrums, 5 Meads, 2 Mulled Wines, Minimizing Dust, 3 Pumpkin Bombs (causes stunned-, poisoned-, asleep-, blinded-, sealed- and confused-effects to all opponents when used), 2 Gold Rings (Worth 15 gold; can be given to someone to make them enamored with the giver), Skeleton Decoy, Bone

• Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, 4 Mythril Shards, Crimson Haze (Causes a weapon to deal the poisoned by 7 and cursed effects permanently), Grating Stone

gallery_11254_206_17653.png

Bartholomew Docken
, Dragonslayer
(Brickdoctor)

34-year-old human male, Warden

Level 46.4
*Gains Triple XP* *Takes Halved Damage from Free Hits*
*Scary*
*Immune to
Defense Reduction
Removal of Positive Effects
Confused
Blinded
Poison
Fragile
Fire
Earth
Wind
, and
Sudden Death
*Counterstriking*

Power:
(Level 46 + WP: 10) (
Power Bonus:
0)

Defense:
(SP: 20 + SP: 3)

Health:
78/78
(base HP: 6 + Level bonus: 45 + Class bonus: 8 + permanent boost: 19*)

Gold:
(1 Gold loaned to Lord Lawrence Boomingham [Zepher])

GP:

Equipment:
Darksteel Crossbow
(WP: 10; inflicts the
Blinded
-effect; Crossbow),
Mythril Shield
(SP: 20; Shield),
Dread Hat
(permanent
Scary
effect; immune to
Defense Reduction
Confusion
Blindness
Poison
Fragile
Fire
Earth
, and
Wind
; suitable for anyone; Headwear),
Mail of the Renegade Commander
(SP: 3; Damage of all Free Hits is halved; suitable for anyone; Bodywear),
Cobweb Cowl
(immune to
Sudden Death
; suitable for anyone; Backwear),
Medal of Glory
(Mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles; suitable for anyone; Accessory),
Counterstrike Gloves
(After the wearer is struck by a Free Hit, he counters with strength equal to his Level; suitable for anyone; Handwear)

Inventory:

• Iris Shield (SP: 15; reflects physical Damage back to the attacker regardless of Row or Defense, if the user survives the attack.), Pan (WP: 1; +1 Max HP; suitable for all classes), Fishstick (WP: 7; deals double Damage on ships; club), Unlucky Horseshoe (WP: 13; inflicts the
Jinxed
-effect; Throwing Weapon [borrowed from Arthur Justus Regulus VII (Flipz)])

• Large Water Canteen (Carries 6 portions of water; Accessory), Aqua Gear (Adds
Water
-element to physical attacks, immune to
Water
, Accessory)

• Potions (4), Grand Potions (11), Health Cores (3), Remedies (10), Phoenix Essences (3), Phoenix Incense, Meads (2), Smelling Salts, Mulled Wine, Smoke Bombs (5), Water Bombs (5), Lightning Bombs (5), Bones (11), Venom (5), Deadly Venom, Skeleton Decoy, Teleportapple, Grating Stone, Adamantite Shards (3/4 Adamantite)

• Bedroll, Shovel, Magnifying Glass

• Silver Ore (60 Gold)

7928526094_0c2174ef6b_t.jpg9394458519_4bc0f05f51_o.png

Thormanil Nihai
, Dragonslayer, Orc-kin (Played by swils) and
Arx
the Youngling (
Ice
)

Level 41.8 Dragoon

*Immune to
Darkness
Light
Water
Fire
Air
Earth
Wood
Lightning
, and
Asleep
Blinded
Bound
Confused
Fragile
Slowed
, and
Weakened
*Gains Triple Experience*

Power Bonus
: +1

Defense
: 8

Health
: 60

Gold:

Equipment:
Shishkebab (WP: 16, dual-strike,
darkness
-
elemental, lance), Wooden Shield (SP:5, Null
Wood
), Bright Armor (SP: 3, Null
Darkness
), Winged Sandals (Wearer is immune to
Light
Water
Fire
Air
Earth
, and
Lightning
, and the
Asleep
Blinded
Bound
Confused
Fragile
Slowed
, and
Weakened
-effects), Medal of Glory (Wearer gains triple experience, accessory)

Inventory:

• Dragonsbane Lance (WP: 20, triple damage to enemies with 'Dragon' in their name, lance), Gladiator Trident (WP: 11, Spear, causes bleeding-by-5 effect), Tongue on a Stick (WP:1, Miss -> "Aim"), Frozen Saber (WP: 9, longsword,
Stuns
enemies), Repeater Crossbow (WP: 7, crossbow. Hastened for first round of combat while equipped.), Schoolyard Sword (WP: 8 great sword),

• Trickster's Mask of the Gender Swap (Accessory), Trickster's Mask of the Weredog (Accessory), Trickster's Mask of the Elf (Accessory), Fighting Boots (Footwear, Power +5 on the front row, suitable to barbarians, knights, rogues, beast warriors, chi monks, dragoons, harlots, infiltrators, marauders, skirmishers, regulators, and winged warriors), Sticky Gloves (Handwear, Increases the amount of gold stolen by 50% (rounded up)), Aqua Gear (Wearer deals and is immune to
water
-elemental damage)

• Pickaxe, Shovel, Magnifying Glass

• 2x Amethyst (
Darkness
), Emerald (
Wood
), Opal (
Ice
),

• Potion, 2x Remedy, Phoenix Essence, Neutralizer, Milk

• Mead, 2x Nostrum, Smelling Salts, 2x Mulled Wine, Jinxy Juice

• 2x Fire Bomb, Lightning Bomb, 2x Smoke Bomb, Ice Bomb, 5x Water Bomb

• 3x Venom, 2x Deadly Venom,

• 2x Grating Stone, Bright Polish, Teleportapple

"A clean, almost dreary interior awaited them--perhaps a sign of their employer's taste in decor? More prominent, however, was the sobbing, dark-haired woman covering her face in the corner, her clothes torn and dingy from what was clearly days of relentless running. The room's other occupant--a neat-haired woman behind a particularly plain desk--cleared her throat politely."

IMG_1837_zps6c4eee73.png

"Good day, Heroes, Miss Arbour. Thank you for coming. Are you all prepared to hear Miss Persephone's statement?"

QM Note: Welcome to the Quest, everyone! As always, check over your stats and let me know if there's been any mistakes or recent purchases--if you'd like to make some last-minute preparations before you post, now is the time. :wink:

Edited by Flipz

Looks good. Anyone want me to grab anything from the market before this kicks off?

"Miss Barton? Bartholomew Docken, at your service."

I turn to face my companions.

"Miss Arbour, good day. Master Hybros, Master Nihai, it's good to see you again."

"Miss Barton? Bartholomew Docken, at your service."

IMG_1837_zps6c4eee73.png

"I am indeed Ashley Barton. I apologize for not introducing myself sooner, Mr. Docken."

Edited by Flipz

Hybros tips his hat to their employer, and turns to his allies. Ellaria, Docken, it is good to see you both. And you must be Thormanil." Hybros touched his hat again, towards the half-giant. "I am Hybros."

Ooc: everything looks good. Thanks for having me Flipz!

OoC: Sorry, I've veen busy with a Halloween party. :D

Ellaria followed the others to the guildhouse.

"I am honoured to be called upon by the Guild again, Miss Barton. Now, how can we help you?"

Nodding in acknowledgement, Miss Barton extracted a sheet of parchment from a drawer.

IMG_1837_zps6c4eee73.png

"Unfortunately, much of Miss Persephone's statement is...disorganized, to put it kindly. I will summarize it as best I can."

15692714811_3cedf0d17b_z.jpg

"From what we could gather, two days ago her village--one of our lesser-known suppliers--fell under some sort of serious misfortune. Unfortunately, the nature of this incident is somewhat unclear; it seems Miss Persephone was simply told by her father, the town's mayor, to flee here and seek help, and apparently she only just made it out of the village in time. According to this report, her exact words were 'the screams, everyone running...surrounded by terror, by darkness'."

At these words, the weeping woman behind them began wailing, her fearful sobbing muffled somewhat by her hands covering her face. After waiting a moment for the sobs to subside, Miss Barton continued speaking.

IMG_1837_zps6c4eee73.png

"There is little else for us to go on, unfortunately, and this lack of information makes it difficult--even foolish--for us to send our own alchemists to deliver aid. This is why we have hired Heroes; we'd like the four of you to travel with Miss Persephone back to her village and find out what exactly has happened. If possible, we'd like you to resolve the situation yourselves, but it is more important that you bring back a detailed explanation of the current situation and the circumstances leading up to it. Do you have any questions?"

Edited by Flipz

Hybros nodded. "Hm, I see. And the importance of this town to the Guild of Invision... I assume it is a significant supplier? Do you have any contacts in this town?"

He turned to Persehpone. "Do you have anything to add?" He looked at the sobbing girl without much empathy, as was characteristic of the imp.

"Right then — investigate village incident, bring back report. I'm sure it's not as straight-forward as it sounds, knowing how these sorts of things usually play out, but that seems simple enough. No questions from me."

IMG_1837_zps6c4eee73.png

"That is a fair assessment. We do not receive a lot from them, but what we do receive tends to be both unique and valuable. If one were feeling poetic, one might describe Towr's primary export as 'ideas'. The locals are constantly experimenting, creating new things for us that might prove marketable. It is another reason we cannot be sure of what you might be dealing with--the ingredients of alchemy can be volatile enough, but if an experiment has gone wrong the outcome could have been literally anything. Alternatively, they may have been attacked by bandits or jealous competitors, looking for something to sell on the black market, or they may have simply been overrun by monsters from the nearby woods. There is simply no way of telling."

The weeping woman--to her discredit--did not answer Hybros, but instead was wracked by a new wave of sobbing.

IMG_1837_zps6c4eee73.png

"As far as contacts within the village--you are looking at her. The only other individual we kept in regular contact with was her father, the mayor, and we have no guarantee he is still alive."

At this, the weeping woman jolted to her feet and flung herself through the nearest door, slamming it behind her. Despite the separation, however, the Heroes could still hear her sobbing through the polished mahogany.

IMG_1837_zps6c4eee73.png

"Do not worry--we will give her something before your departure to help her remain calm. We would not be sending her back with you, but the path from Gull to Towr is virtually unnavigable without a guide familiar with the area. Unfortunately, Miss Persephone may be the only such individual left." From the sounds emanating through the door, the poor woman sounded nearly hysterical, in stark contrast to Miss Barton's calm, even tone. "Are there any further questions, or shall I make the arrangements for your and Miss Persephone's departure?"

Hybros nodded again. The alchemists seemed like a furtive group - he wished Guts was around to offer his expertise with the organization. "There is one more thing... this girl, Persephone... she is a member of the Guild? What is your relation to her?"

He pulled a Mead from his pack and drank it, signaling that he was ready as soon as his question was answered.

OOC: It's probably too late but swils, if you were planning on going to the Marketplace might as well grab some Phoenix Essences and Potions. And as long as Docken isn't using his Iris Shield, might as well let Thormy use it, right? Also, Hybros should have the Metal Claw equipped (not sure where it went).

OoC: Again, truly sorry for the busy weekend I had. I got very little time online, as it happened... I will start contributing more right about now.

"What horror could have struck her village to throw Miss Persephone off the handle like that..." Ellaria wondered out loud. "I guess it is up to us to find out. Rest assured, Miss Barton, that we will get to the bottom of this case. I just really hope it doesn't involve deep, dank caverns..."

As she prepared for the journey ahead, Ellaria equipped the Paper Doll for she know felt experienced enough to add the accessory to her garments. She then turned to her companions.

"Gentlemen, I think it is best for me to handle the care of the shaken woman on the trip, if you don't mind. Out of the four of us, I believe I am the most qualified for that."

Gonna figure it's been too long, heh. Also, I'll be on mobile til Saturday, just a heads up.

Equipping the shield, he admires its craft. "Really puts my slab of wood to shame, I should probably do somethin' about that soon."

Edited by swils

Hybros turned to the party, adding in a hushed tone, "I do think it is strange that this girl will not speak to us. I am not sure if I can trust her to lead the way. I agree Ellaria, that you should keep a close eye on her."

He rose his voice to address Ashley. "Should there not be some kind of map to this town?"

Hybros nodded again. The alchemists seemed like a furtive group - he wished Guts was around to offer his expertise with the organization. "There is one more thing... this girl, Persephone... she is a member of the Guild? What is your relation to her?"

He pulled a Mead from his pack and drank it, signaling that he was ready as soon as his question was answered.

OOC: It's probably too late but swils, if you were planning on going to the Marketplace might as well grab some Phoenix Essences and Potions. And as long as Docken isn't using his Iris Shield, might as well let Thormy use it, right? Also, Hybros should have the Metal Claw equipped (not sure where it went).

IMG_1837_zps6c4eee73.png

"Miss Persephone is not a member of our Guild, no. Her father, Mayor Persephone, was our primary contact in town. There were a few alchemists working in the Alchemists' Tower around which the town was built, but they are third-party contractors, not official Guild members."

The Party:

ava-ellaria4.jpg

Ellaria Arbour
(Sandy)

23 years old female human Druid

Level 30
*Immune to Sealing, Poisoned and Bleeding* *Ignis Fatuus: permanently
poisoned by 15
*Party Leader*

Power:
(30+12)

Defense:
(3+4)

Health:
46/46
(9+29+7+1)

Ether:
42/42
(5+29+5+1+2)

Gold:

Equipment:
Ignis Fatuus (WP:12, permanently poisoned by 15,
fire
- and
lighting
-elemental staff), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3, Max Ether +5, protects from sealing; bodywear), Sterile Gloves (immunity to poisoned and bleeding, handwear), Spider Helmet (SP:4, passes poisoned and bleeding effects to the enemy when the wearer is hit; headwear)

Inventory:

Weapons
Sylvania's Crossbow (WP:10,
wood
-elemental crossbow), Pan Flute (WP: 7, instrument), Wizard's Staff (WP:1,
fire
wind
water
- and
earth
-elemental staff),

Artefacts:
Ranger's Quiver (WP: +1 to bows and crossbows. Suitable for rangers, beast warriors, infiltrators, and winged warriors), Spirit Robe (Renders wearer invisible to the enemy for the first three rounds of battle so they do not take free hits; backwear), Black Bandana (Power +3, pirate lingo; headwear),
Paper Doll (Protects from hexed; accessory)

Spell Items:
Scroll of Inspiration (Inspired for rest of battle, 10 ether, 50/50 chance) Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Weakening, Serenade of Water (Causes Water damage equal to the minstrel's level to all enemies per round for as long as the song is sung. Costs 10 ether per round. Battle Song), Ruby (
Fire
)

Consumables:
3 Potions, 2 Grand Potions, 4 Health Cores, 4 Tonics, 5 Grand Tonics, Ether Core, Elixir, 2 Remedies, 2 Neutralizers, Tiger Balm, 2 Phoenix Essences, 2 Meads, 2 Smelling Salts, 2 Nostrum, 2 Soma, Ambrosia, Deadly Venom, 2 Smoke Bombs, Flash Bomb, 3 Fire Bombs, Ice Bomb, 2 Lightning Bombs, 2 Water Bombs, 2 Holy Bombs, Pumpkin Bomb (Causes stunned-, poisoned-, asleep-, blinded-, sealed- and confused-effects to all opponents when used.)

Tools:
Bedroll, Pickaxe, Telescope, Magic Compass, Magnifying Glass

14260855264_c8919cec5c_o.jpg

Hybros (played by JimButcher)

53-year-old male imp Chi Monk
*Permanently Hastened*
*Immune to
Cursed
Asleep
Blinded
Confused
Fragile
Weakened
*Immune to all elements except wood*
*Intimidation*
*Natural Respite*
*Encouraged*

Level:

Power Bonus:
1 (6 in front row)

Defense:

Health:
53/53
(7+31+12+3*)

Ether:
34/34
(31+3)

Gold:

Equipment:
Golden Armor
(user is permanently hastened and cursed,
fire
water
earth
wind
ice
lightning
darkness
light
-elemental, grants immunity to Sleep, Blindness, Confusion, Frailty, and Weakening; bodywear),
The Black Hat
(Suitable for anyone, grants
Intimidation
, immune to
darkness
and
cursed
, headwear),
Fighting Boots
(Power +5 on the front row; suitable to barbarians, knights, rogues, beast warriors, chi monks, dragoons, harlots, infiltrators, marauders, skirmishers, regulators and winged warriors),
Metal Claw
(Unarmed attacks drain health from the enemy equal to 50% of the strength of the attack (rounded up); handwear)

Inventory:

• Sword of Ancestral Hatred (WP: 45.25 gains 1/4 WP every kill made with it; longsword), Zoot's Reaper (WP:15; scythe, suitable to Hybros), Clock Cog (WP:14, retrievable), Banana Bladerang (WP:9, damage all, retrievable), Justice (WP:8, causes blinded-effect, dagger), Twin Kunai (WP:6, dual strike, daggers), Hollow Dagger (WP:6, hollow blade [nothing]; dagger), Spinning Bolas (WP: 5, deals the Slowed effect, but the effect is removed when retrieved; retrievable), Wrench (WP:3, decreases the target’s level by 1, retrievable),

• Sticky Gloves (gains 50% more gold, suitable for Rogues, handwear), Baron's Epaulets (Suitable for short heroes, grants Command over short NPCs), Cloak of the Blue Assassin (SP:1, suitable to Rogues; backwear), Cloak of the Red Assassin (Chance of Assassination is 1/3, suitable for Assassins; backwear), Sterile Gloves (grants immunity to poisoned- and bleeding-effects, handwear),

• Emerald, Garnet, Amethyst, Diamond, Ruby, Sapphire, Opal, Scroll of Luck (grants Lucky-effect for one battle, costs 10 ether)

• 13 Potions, 12 Grand Potions, 16 Health Cores, 11 Remedies, 2 Neutralizers, 3 Elixirs, 3 Grand Tonics, Soma, 2 Phoenix Essences, 4 Phoenix Incenses, 2 Deadly Venoms, 3 Smoke Bombs, 3 Holy Bombs, 5 Nostrums, 4 Meads, 2 Mulled Wines, Minimizing Dust, 3 Pumpkin Bombs (causes stunned-, poisoned-, asleep-, blinded-, sealed- and confused-effects to all opponents when used), 2 Gold Rings (Worth 15 gold; can be given to someone to make them enamored with the giver), Skeleton Decoy, Bone

• Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, 4 Mythril Shards, Crimson Haze (Causes a weapon to deal the poisoned by 7 and cursed effects permanently), Grating Stone

Bartholomew Docken
, Dragonslayer
(Brickdoctor)

Level 46.4
*Scary*
*Immune to
Defense Reduction
Confused
Blinded
Poison
Fragile
Fire
Earth
Wind
, and
Sudden Death
*Counterstriking*

Power:
Power Bonus:
0)

Defense:

Health:
78/78

Gold:

GP:

Equipment:
Darksteel Crossbow
Blinded
-effect; Crossbow),
Mythril Shield
Dread Hat
(permanent
Scary
effect; immune to
Defense Reduction
Confusion
Blindness
Poison
Fragile
Fire
Earth
, and
Wind
Cobweb Cowl
(immune to
Sudden Death
Medal of Glory
(Mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles; suitable for anyone; Accessory),
Counterstrike Gloves
(After the wearer is struck by a Free Hit, he counters with strength equal to his Level; suitable for anyone; Handwear)

Inventory:

• Pan (WP: 1; +1 Max HP; suitable for all classes), Fishstick (WP: 7; deals double Damage on ships; club), Unlucky Horseshoe (WP: 13; inflicts the
Jinxed

• Large Water Canteen (Carries 6 portions of water; Accessory), Aqua Gear (Adds
Water
Water
, Accessory)

• Potions (4), Grand Potions (11), Health Cores (3), Remedies (10), Phoenix Essences (3), Phoenix Incense, Meads (2), Smelling Salts, Mulled Wine, Smoke Bombs (5), Water Bombs (5), Lightning Bombs (5), Bones (11), Venom (5), Deadly Venom, Skeleton Decoy, Teleportapple, Grating Stone, Adamantite Shards (3/4 Adamantite)

• Bedroll, Shovel, Magnifying Glass

• Silver Ore (60 Gold)

7928526094_0c2174ef6b_t.jpg9394458519_4bc0f05f51_o.png

Thormanil Nihai
, Dragonslayer, Orc-kin (Played by swils) and
Arx
the Youngling (
Ice
)

Level 41.8 Dragoon

*Immune to
Darkness
Light
Water
Fire
Air
Earth
Lightning
, and
Asleep
Blinded
Bound
Confused
Fragile
Slowed
, and
Weakened
*Gains Triple Experience*

Power Bonus
: +1

Defense
: 18

Health
: 60/60

Gold:

Equipment:
Shishkebab (WP: 16, dual-strike,
darkness
-
elemental, lance), Iris Shield (SP: 15; reflects physical Damage back to the attacker regardless of Row or Defense, if the user survives the attack.), Bright Armor (SP: 3, Null
Darkness
), Winged Sandals (Wearer is immune to
Light
Water
Fire
Air
Earth
, and
Lightning
, and the
Asleep
Blinded
Bound
Confused
Fragile
Slowed
, and
Weakened
-effects), Medal of Glory (Wearer gains triple experience, accessory)

Inventory:

• Dragonsbane Lance (WP: 20, triple damage to enemies with 'Dragon' in their name, lance), Gladiator Trident (WP: 11, Spear, causes bleeding-by-5 effect), Tongue on a Stick (WP:1, Miss -> "Aim"), Frozen Saber (WP: 9, longsword,
Stuns
enemies), Repeater Crossbow (WP: 7, crossbow. Hastened for first round of combat while equipped.), Schoolyard Sword (WP: 8 great sword), Wooden Shield (SP:5, Null
Wood
),

• Trickster's Mask of the Gender Swap (Accessory), Trickster's Mask of the Weredog (Accessory), Trickster's Mask of the Elf (Accessory), Fighting Boots (Footwear, Power +5 on the front row, suitable to barbarians, knights, rogues, beast warriors, chi monks, dragoons, harlots, infiltrators, marauders, skirmishers, regulators, and winged warriors), Sticky Gloves (Handwear, Increases the amount of gold stolen by 50% (rounded up)), Aqua Gear (Wearer deals and is immune to
water
-elemental damage)

• Pickaxe, Shovel, Magnifying Glass

• 2x Amethyst (
Darkness
), Emerald (
Wood
), Opal (
Ice
),

• Potion, 2x Remedy, Phoenix Essence, Neutralizer, Milk

• Mead, 2x Nostrum, Smelling Salts, 2x Mulled Wine, Jinxy Juice

• 2x Fire Bomb, Lightning Bomb, 2x Smoke Bomb, Ice Bomb, 5x Water Bomb

• 3x Venom, 2x Deadly Venom,

• 2x Grating Stone, Bright Polish, Teleportapple

He rose his voice to address Ashley. "Should there not be some kind of map to this town?"

IMG_1837_zps6c4eee73.png

"I agree, Mister Hybros, but the locals insist on their privacy. It has kept our competitors out of the village, at least, but the disadvantages are obvious, particularly in light of recent events."

Noting that the party appeared ready, Miss Barton retreated through the wooden door to minister to poor Miss Persephone. It took some time, but soon the once-weeping woman emerged, cleaned and dressed for travel, though still avoiding all eye contact with her escorts.

15084404754_e296353b0c_o.png

"...Heroes," she said, her misty voice subdued, a glassy glaze across her gaze. Though no longer crying, she appeared even more frail and weak than she had before.

IMG_1837_zps6c4eee73.png

"Here are your letters of transit, they will take you as far as Gull. Show them to the stable keeper, he will provide the five of you with horses. Miss Persephone will guide you from there." [color-#4b0082]The alchemist took one last look at the woman in black, the faintest hint of compassionate concern betrayed through her pause.[/color] "Best of luck, Heroes, Miss Persephone."

"Their journey out of Gull and through the forests of southern Leland was brief, even boring. Throughout the trip, their guide spoke in singular syllables, morosely, monotonously monosyllabic."

"Right."

"Left."

"There."

"Whatever Miss Barton had given her, it was certainly potent--and perhaps the Heroes would soon come to regret it."

img_6945.jpg

Night began to fall. The Heroes passed out of the woods and into a spacious clearing, but after their guide's third fall from her mount, they decided to set up camp. As the embers died down, darkness crept across the camp--and so too did other things...

fully_edited_2.jpg

Blades clashed, blood flowed, steel glinted beneath the dim light of the autumn moon. But soon--too soon--all faded to black for the unlucky losers...

spacer.jpg

img_6955.jpg

The next morning, four figures awakened on the path to the village, heads and pride both bruised from the previous night's beating. They stood up and looked around--carnage surrounded them, the aftermath of a furious battle. Curiously, however, their assailants had taken nothing from them--save for their mounts, and their guide, vanished like the misty memory of a dream. A chill wind blew down the road, causing them to shiver. Seeking shelter within the slashed shreds of their tent, they found but one sign of the woman's existence: a mangled map, half-missing, its wrinkled remnants holding only the portion of their route still remaining. Even if they wanted to, there was no going back now.

The breeze died, leaving behind it a stifling stillness. Amidst the silent stillness, a single, unspoken question hovered above the quiet quartet:

"What would the Heroes do?"

"So, Miss Arbour...did you see where Miss Persephone went?"

I investigate the hand sticking out of the ground in front of the tent.

I investigate the hand sticking out of the ground in front of the tent.

The hand was just a hand, severed from its owner in the previous night's fight, feminine in appearance.

Edited by Flipz

I pick up the crossbow in the tree, being careful to hold it so that the arrow points away from the party, in case it's loaded and drawn.

"Ow..." Hybros rubbed his head, and his thighs. The former hurt from the unknown assailants in the night, and the latter from the previous day's ride. It wasn't often that he rode, and even the gentler trot of the pony he mounted (because of his short stature) had left its mark. The night was a blur. Groggily, he looked around. "Well this was... unexpected. Eheh... I can not believe we were not prepared... who had first watch? Ehem, anyways..." He looked to the severed hand. Ellaria still had both of hers, so that could only mean that it belonged to their guide. Hybros wondered if she could have even felt the pain with the medicine she had been given. He began rifling through the various packs strewn across the ground. Maybe the culprits dropped some valuables in their hurry...

I pick up the crossbow in the tree, being careful to hold it so that the arrow points away from the party, in case it's loaded and drawn.

The Warden's caution was well served, for as soon as he touched it a wood-elemental bolt was launched. Upon closer inspection, the crossbow appeared to be the same one Ellaria had carried the previous day.

"Ow..." Hybros rubbed his head, and his thighs. The former hurt from the unknown assailants in the night, and the latter from the previous day's ride. It wasn't often that he rode, and even the gentler trot of the pony he mounted (because of his short stature) had left its mark. Groggily, he looked around. "Well this was... unexpected. Eheh... I can not believe we were not prepared... who had first watch? Ehem, anyways..." He looked to the severed hand. Ellaria still had both of hers, so that could only mean that it belonged to their guide. Poor girl. He began rifling through the various packs strewn across the ground.

The monk, likewise, found his fellow party members' gear, albeit completely disorganized, as though someone had already been digging through it.

"Hm. Obviously we did not have what they were looking for. And the girl... perhaps she did. I am beginning to think with all of this secrecy, the town of Towr has something valuable that they are hiding." Hybros handed his allies' things back to them. Noting the trap set with Ellaria's crossbow, he dug through his mess of a pack to procure a magnifying glass, and used it to inspect the sword beneath the tree.

"Oh, MegaBloks..."

I take inventory of the items I'm carrying to see if anything's missing.

"Hm. Obviously we did not have what they were looking for. And the girl... perhaps she did. I am beginning to think with all of this secrecy, the town of Towr has something valuable that they are hiding." Hybros handed his allies' things back to them. Noting the trap set with Ellaria's crossbow, he dug through his mess of a pack to procure a magnifying glass, and used it to inspect the sword beneath the tree.

Beneath the tree, the curious Chi Monk found a Schoolyard Sword, likely the same one belonging to their resident Dragoon. Likewise, the sword imbedded in the nearby tree stump was his own Sword of Ancestral Hatred.

"Oh, MegaBloks..."

I take inventory of the items I'm carrying to see if anything's missing.

The worried Warden took stock of his belongings.

Bartholomew Docken
, Dragonslayer
(Brickdoctor)

Level 46.4
*Scary*
*Immune to
Defense Reduction
Confused
Blinded
Poison
Fragile
Fire
Earth
Wind
, and
Sudden Death
*Counterstriking*

Power:
Power Bonus:
0)

Defense:

Health:
78/78

Gold:

GP:

Equipment:
Mythril Shield
Counterstrike Gloves
(After the wearer is struck by a Free Hit, he counters with strength equal to his Level; suitable for anyone; Handwear),
Medal of Glory
Darksteel Crossbow
Blinded
-effect; Crossbow),
Cobweb Cowl
(immune to
Sudden Death
Dread Hat
(permanent
Scary
effect; immune to
Defense Reduction
Confusion
Blindness
Poison
Fragile
Fire
Earth
, and
Wind

Inventory:

• Teleportapple, Grand Potions (11), Skeleton Decoy, Health Cores (3), Unlucky Horseshoe (WP: 13; inflicts the
Jinxed

• Phoenix Incense, Large Water Canteen (Carries 6 portions of water; Accessory), Smoke Bombs (5), Mulled Wine,

• Magnifying Glass, Potions (4), Remedies (10), Phoenix Essences (3), Meads (2), Smelling Salts, Water Bombs (5), Deadly Venom, Pan (WP: 1; +1 Max HP; suitable for all classes),

• Bedroll, Lightning Bombs (5), Bones (11), Venom (5), Aqua Gear (Adds
Water
Water
, Accessory), Shovel,

• Silver Ore (60 Gold), Fishstick (WP: 7; deals double Damage on ships; club), Grating Stone, Adamantite Shards (3/4 Adamantite)
Edited by Flipz

:look: Oh, right, I nabbed that sword last quest, didn't I? I'm not out of the loop at all, clearly.

While Thormanil checks his own belongings, Arx darts into the sky to see if he can't determine a recently traveled path.