Brick Vader

MEC Category A: 79005 Rhosgobel

Hi,

this is my entry to the MiddleEarth Contest.

I decided to try my hands on the beautiful house of Radaghast the Brown from the first Hobbit movie.

So heres my take on designing a Lego model looking like a official set

Rhosgobel

478 pieces (roughly :D)

59.99$

I wanted to create a fake box, but I desperately failed so here are the pictures:

15054748943_1498c4a09c_c.jpg

The back:

img_0114.jpg

Of corse, since this is supposed to be a official set, you need a pointless playfunction:

img_0115.jpgimg_0118.jpg

img_0119.jpg

So, I hope you like my take on this topic.

You can also see it on flickr: https://www.flickr.c...03/15054748943/

Greetings, Brick Vader

Edited by Brick Vader

Man, this really looks like a set. Some kind of reincarnation of Majisto´s Workshop from the old Castle days...I would buy it! Great work. :thumbup:

I really like your spider design - it looks much better than the Escape From Mirkwood spiders. You also managed to create a good looking Rhosgobel with relatively few parts, not an easy task. This would've been a fine official set. Good job!

Not sure if Gandalf should be included. He doesn't visit Rhosgobel as far as I can remember and Gandalf is already present in enough sets to become mildly annoying :)

Smiled at the "pointless playfunction" part - never cared much for those, I normally don't even bother building all the silly catapults/launchers Lego crams into their sets.

Very nice design. I like the different angels used in the model and it definitely has the crocked look of Rhosgabel.

It's great how you cramped this details in such a small model. And I also like the spiders design, it is simple but effective.

You also recreated the feeling of an official Lego set. I like the hidden gem playfunction, it's just something I immediately associate with real Lego sets.

This is a really great build and probably the best Rhosgobel I've seen. Did you repaint the friends hedgehog's face to make him look less cartoony?

This arch has a great potencial and you did a good job with it putting them together with the walls and angles. Nice! Congrats!

Fantastic, a truly amazing entry for the set category! :thumbup:

This creation really look like a set that LEGO could release or even better.

It's great to see that you have included some of those useless play-features that most kids seem to like.

The spiders with six legs ( :laugh:) are also quite nice and look way better than the ones from the Mirkwood Spiders set though yours are still looking like they are from an official set what is great.

If this werer a real set I think I would buy it. :wub:

This is really pretty. I love the angles and the position you photographed it from. I wonder how fragile that front post is when playing with but I think it looks beautiful.

This looks very good.

I would like a little set like this with Radagast.

Yay for the Hedgehog (I forgot his name)

I would also like the bunny-sledge with it.

I would only ask myself if J.R.R. Tokien would be happy with all this differences made by Jackson.