Legoaholic

Exclusive access store event

I am just back from the VIP event. There were about 6 people when we first got let in. I asked and they had only about 10 RSVP's to it. It was rather underwhelming for me too. Not even any chat with the others, no one really mingled and then most got what they wanted and were gone in under 14 minutes...lol. Oh well, my first and probably last, not going to spend nearly as much as I have this year.

I got a ton of free wrapping paper, a build-able Christmas tree ornament, a calendar, and the freebie for spending enough, of the Winter Skating Scene, and the Turkey.

I bought another PC, since is the only single I have, and a Friends set for my niece, and a MineCraft set. Also a Friends buildable box set, that they said was new, and not on the shelves yet.

Same at Raleigh LEGO store. Very low turnout. Picked up new WV to get second holiday freebie. Like the free turkey set, train ornament and calendar. Would like some discounts in the store, but double points were it this year. Awaiting a new modular and a Creator house. Hope they arrive soon.

Looked to me like the checkin clipboard had 20ish names on it. Probably 10 or so people (plus guest for some of them) in store 9-9:30 while I was there. However, that's partially due to icy conditions here today. I drove carefully and had no trouble, but on the way (about 20 min drive each way) I saw probably a dozen cars in ditches or wrecked!

And no, not really any socializing here either. Staff was their usual very helpful friendly selves though!

The Sugarloaf store in Georgia was pleasant and well organized. Seemed to have a decent turnout and move a lot of higher priced stock. I grabbed a Sandcrawler. It wasn't really the event like atmosphere it has been in the past. Just come in, grab what you want pay and depart.

Vestige81- you got to go to Kansas city store? It was closed for a good chunk of the day today because of issues in the mall..hearing problems or something. Really screwed over a lot of people methinks

The event in Liverpool wasn't particularly busy... but then again I don't remember it being very busy last year.

The one set I thought about buying before going in was Arkham and fortunately it was one of the few with 15% off so with it being over £100 there was also an extra 10% off so it actually then came in LESS that £100... they still gave me the second winter set though.

I got the first one with the Tumbler in October. We did also get a card to be handed in to the store in January to get a 2015 calendar... I'll see if my daughter wants that. No bonus VIP points here though.

Detective Agency and Slave One both looked great in store... Slave One just cemented it's place further into the day one purchase category!

Vestige81- you got to go to Kansas city store? It was closed for a good chunk of the day today because of issues in the mall..hearing problems or something. Really screwed over a lot of people methinks

Ya, I got there right about 9:00 and was only there for about 15 minutes. Was the whole mall closed or just the LEGO store?

Nashville store was very accommodating. Got a goody bag with the Turkey set, Christmas Train Ornament, and a nifty badge. Picked up two SW sets for my nephews and wanting a set for myself picked up another ISD. Overall good experiance, met a couple AFOLs, going to try and get a LUG setup for our area. Was really hoping for a scratch off ticket, but none were to be had. I guess Lego doesn't do them anymore at least in the states.

Edited by ISDAvenger

I read some more info on who got picked to attend this event. You needed to have filled out a lot of customer surveys for when you visited the store. I have filled out all of mine, and gotten replies from the store managers afterward, thanking me for feedback. So I don't think its just how much you have spent. This makes sense, for me at least. I have bought a lot, but the majority was through S@H, since the store is a half hour drive for me.

Still not sure how they choose who to invite, maybe they choose a few from several different categories. I have bought more lego than my husband, obviously live the same distance from the store as my husband and sometimes fill out the feedback form. Whereas my husband has never replied to any of the customer surveys and he got an invite but i didn't.

Have to say Bluewater staff at the event were friendly, helpful and professional. Nice atmosphere, well organised, no pressure to buy and the staff were just as likely to be helping the young children as the obvious big spenders. It was also good to meet and chat to other women buying lego for their own enjoyment. Good to know i'm not the only one in the area. :classic:

When i popped back during the general opening of the store to get a pick a brick purchase, store was busier but staff just as friendly, helpful and professional. Maybe we are very lucky with our local store. :classic: