Legoaholic

Exclusive access store event

If they do have a PAB gift...I wish it was for the other store I have been to, the one for the invite has a pretty sad PAB wall...for me at least..

Talos, last year the PAB was just that green box which could be filled with PAB pieces...it was open til end of March and could be used at any store. You didn't have to use it right away. Enjoy the experience!

From what I have heard, to get an invite, you need to:

1) spend between a certain amount (not too little, not too much)

2) be a VIP member and use your card when purchasing

3) take the store surveys and not leave them anonymous (i.e.put your name and email address when completed)

4) shop almost exclusively (if not exclusively) at one LEGO store (if you shop at multiples, they don't know which store to invite you to so you get no invite)

Also, the stores have extra invitations they can give out at their discretion, so if you didn't get one, it's a good idea to call the store to see if you can get in.

So! I got some more info on the event! It turns out we will getthe black friday promo if we spend $100 or more, I was told earlier that we would not. Also, we ge that special gift that the first 100 people get who enter the store on Black Friday get. Which reminds me, the store is opening at midnight on black friday this year! I feel bad for the employees :(

It seems to me that a few people may be going to the Burlington, MA store. I'll be there, would anyone want to meet up before or after?

My understanding that the 22nd has two "VIP" things.

First is the VIP Invite, which happens an hour before the store opens. This is usually privy to LEGO swag and the 2nd Holiday Set. Last year there was a scratch card as well.

Then there is the VIP event which is during regular hours, as posted on the calender (VIP Invite is never posted). They were quite vague on the details but there may be swag and/or points (2xVIP?).

And, yes, I miss how they replaced that free PaB box after $75 with a calender. Those boxes made great stocking stuffers!

I got an email earlier today about special offers only available to VIPs tomorrow. It also said the offers are available in-store and online. So it seems that as long as you have a VIP account you can see whatever the offers are, without having to receive an invite. Don't they often do this when a new set comes out? For a week or so before the "official" release of a set, VIPs can purchase one. Unless the invite is for something else in addition to that? I'm not sure if I want to spend an hour or two driving down the store if I can get the same deal online.

I got the same email. I'm not sure what to make of it and I know I won't be driving to the local lego store unless it's something big. I was honestly disappointed in last year's Black Friday sales.

I'll check the website tomorrow and then decide...

Logged into my VIP account on the lego online store, and it shows that it's double VIP points again, today only. You can also get the 2nd holiday set if you spend $99, and it looks like there's free shipping on all orders, not just the normal offer of free shipping for orders over $75.

Logged into my VIP account on the lego online store, and it shows that it's double VIP points again, today only. You can also get the 2nd holiday set if you spend $99, and it looks like there's free shipping on all orders, not just the normal offer of free shipping for orders over $75.

Yep, just bought the Cargo Train & got double points, free shipping and the 2nd Holiday Set. For the Holidays, this train will go around the Christmas tree, then become part of our Lego town.

Yep, just bought the Cargo Train & got double points, free shipping and the 2nd Holiday Set. For the Holidays, this train will go around the Christmas tree, then become part of our Lego town.

Nice! I'm tempted to get that Cargo Trian, but I also want to pick up a Mindstorms set. Not to mention I spent way too much during October's double VIP promo... Sigh. Lego is a hell of a drug. :classic:

Just back from the VIP invite event. No extra VIP points in the UK but there were some large sets discounted by 15% and then a further 10% on all purchases if you spend £100. So the joint discounts made up my mind and i bought the large Opera house. Also bought the Pet shop but just the 10% off this. The discounted sets are the same as the ones online. Given both of the winter freebie sets with our purchases.

Hmm, I see some good sets discounted on the UK online shop, but nothing new in the US. Just some small items that have been on sale for a while now. :hmpf_bad:

Just came back from the event, the 2 new sets on display were Slave I and Detective's Office, both really nice.

Sadly, they were only previews, and not available for purchase.

We got the Sandcrawler, Palace Cinema, Research Institute and some smaller sets for 10% off + VIP Points.

So just left the event...very underwhelming. No special discount, but we did get a goodie bag with a S@H catalog, gift wrap and the holiday turkey set. At checkout everyone got the new holiday skating rink set and got to choose between the snowman and reindeer. Overall, not really worth it. At least I only had a 15 minute drive. I did get double points though and a sweet little badge.

Edited by tomdobs55

We got the high speed passenger train to go around our tree. I will have to hide the train before setting it up around our tree after the boys go to bed on Christmas Eve. Also got my older son a minecraft set. He will be completely surprised.

Last year it was triple VIP points, but the double points are certainly better than nothing. Getting that second holiday set now is nice. This prevents me from having to wait until actual Black Friday weekend to get the stuff. My concern was that the train would go on backorder before I could get to it since they will likely be in demand over the holidays.

So just left the event...very underwhelming. No special discount, but we did get a goodie bag with a S@H catalog, gift wrap and the holiday turkey set. At checkout everyone got the new holiday skating rink set and got to choose between the snowman and reindeer. Overall, not really worth it. At least I only had a 15 minute drive. I did get double points though and a sweet little badge.

Glad you all got some freebies for your time/money investment. Although, your account of the event does not make me jealous for not getting the invite. Thankfully Lego made the double VIP points and the skating scene available to all today.

Just left the Cincinnati store, our goody bag was slightly different. Got the turkey set and wrapping paper plus a small train ornament that is in a little red bag. Double points, but no discounts there either. I got the skating rink set and calendar as well for spending over 100 bucks.

Got back from Columbus - same as the cincy report. Turkey, 2 sheets of wrapping paper, lanyard ID thing (printed with my name, a plain one for guest), ornament in a bag (http://brickset.com/sets/5002813-1/Christmas-Train-Ornament) and comes in a little satiny red bag. Both myself and guest got the goody bag. Kids love the goodies. I personally prefered the PAB boxes they used to do, but this is still better than some years' givewaways.

Oh, and the store had Tumbers in stock!!! Limit one, but they had them. Bought that (already have one, this one's going on the shelf to age for a few years and sell it then), Pet Shop, few smaller things.

And I did notice when getting signed in, I was #1 on the list :)

Just left the Cincinnati store, our goody bag was slightly different. Got the turkey set and wrapping paper plus a small train ornament that is in a little red bag. Double points, but no discounts there either. I got the skating rink set and calendar as well for spending over 100 bucks.

Kansas City was the same

Thanks to the folks at the Alpharetta, GA store for another great event. Pretty much as described by others. Bought a Bike shop an a PC to use for parts. Was happy with what was offered and appreciative of their usual fine efforts.