Hello All!!!

After my holiday i’ve come back with new ideas, so there is the first one. I was inspired by Filsawgood’s Airfield Tug and decide to create my own version of this machine.

I am glad to present a scale model of non-existent Heavy Multifunctional Aerodrome Tow Truck in a technic-figure scale. The model is 77 cm long, 23 cm wide (without mirrors), 13 cm high (without exhaust), the weight is 4,45 kg. It took me about 1,5 months to create it.

Short video presentation:

And winter test-drive:

27075555683_9cf4b79dfa_b.jpg

The model have eight RC functions (seven useful + compressor) and manual controlled winches and lights (total 12 motors).

- moving (three XL-motors);

- independent front and rear steering (two servo-motors);

- lifting jacks (M-motor, eight pneumatic cylinders);

- cab lifting (M-motor, two pneumatic cylinders);

- front PPTO (M-motor);

- rear PTO (buggy-motor, slow output);

- winches (two L-motors);

- light (twelve LED pairs).

The transmission is very simple but rather reliable, one motor per axle with 1:3 reduction and differential gear.

There are no safety devices in winches because I want to get maximum power. So i provide a fast-unwind mechanism.

Winch hook is used like a movable pulley giving theoretically double gain in efficiency.

All mechanisms are covered with protective covers. The accumulators turns on/off on the top of the model.

27075555133_5ea9c29bf0_b.jpg

There is a lightning switch in the rear part of the truck.

The model have lightning around the periphery.

27686088015_6607501408_b.jpg

Pneumatic is working due to four-pump compressor and RC valves.

The lifting jacks are the old-type large pneumatic cylinders mounted on the chassis.

27611555751_16620e96d9_b.jpg

Lifting cab function improves operator survey. It is very useful if we connect external mould-board.

27075555323_d9a289dcb2_b.jpg

27073679354_a45151c41b_b.jpg

The mould-board height is controlled by using PPTO.

Rear PTO is used for different attached implements. For demonstration I’ve constructed an external boom-crane (the length – 89 cm, width – 22 cm, transportation height – 19 cm, boom length – 95 cm, weight – 3,65 kg).

27075555513_d111b7335b_b.jpg

We need to connect crane to the main tow truck for lifting jacks activation.

Comfortable crane transmission creation was non-trivial task. I’ve took all the controls out to the operator cab (every lever changes the direction of its own function).

Manual control allows to rotate tower, rise and extend the boom. At the small angles we need to rise boom with rear winch because actuators can’t conduct such big load. Another cool feature of the crane is wheels hiding. It is necessary because the wheels prevent tower rotation.

I try on my white-stripped rims from 41999:

27073679264_36c6f3137c_b.jpg

More photos: https://flickr.com/photos/141718063@N06/albums/72157669696422836

Thanks for watching! Hope you like it!

Edited by desert752

What a massive piece of machinery! The dteails and completness is amazing. Only think worrying me is the CV joints... Do they hold? Because 1:4+ gearing from XL motor is a lot for those.

Edited by Zblj

A stand creation ,a very different type of vehicles with a large amount of different functions ,very cool love all the lights :blush:

The attachments are very cool as well , love how the wheels rotate on the crane !

Very impressive!!! The main vehicle wasn't big enough, so a "small" crane add-on came really handy ;-) I love it, and also envy you the collection of parts, white stripe wheelt the most :wub:

Absolutley insane. This creation is so perfect with all the details. I like how the trailer wheels turn like the Delorean :laugh:

I'd say this is incredible but somehow it just doesn't seem do it justice! To be honest, I can't think of a word that does!

Edited by grum64

Thanks for comments! I am glad you like it!

What a massive piece of machinery! The dteails and completness is amazing. Only think worrying me is the CV joints... Do they hold? Because 1:4+ gearing from XL motor is a lot for those.

Yes, CV joints are Ok. If rear wheels don't fit the trajectory there is another problem - the tires tend to fall off, but with careful driving it is not critical!

WOw, this really is amazing. Great engineering. DO you have a site to share with everyone of other creations you have built. With this level of expertise, I am assuming that there are many other models you have built.

Wow that looks amazing. The complexity and uniqueness are definitely selling points.

v/r

Andy

What a great piece of machinery! If you wouldn't say it is fictional I would believe there is one build for real.

Very serious, very large, very functional! This is the best tug undeniably! I like it!

P.S. I am very pleased that inspired you my creation, thanks!

Very nice and probably very realistic: but the ground clearance seems too little for everyday RC driving.

Airports are pretty flat, I don't think you need much ground clearance. :tongue:

This is absolutely ridiculous....in a good way :laugh::thumbup:

Fantastic MOC! I love all the functions you've incorperated. Very well done. My compliments.

The lifting jacks are so cool :wub:

Thanks a lot!!!

WOw, this really is amazing. Great engineering. DO you have a site to share with everyone of other creations you have built. With this level of expertise, I am assuming that there are many other models you have built.

Thanks! You can see some models on EB: Grader - http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=84978&hl, Enzo Ferrari - http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=92626&hl, Harbour Crane - http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=87224&hl, The Arrow - http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=85128&hl, Tower Crane - http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=85420&hl and some others. I haven't my own site now but you can try to open my page on DoubleBrick - http://www.doublebrick.ru/all_mocs/desert752