Sign in to follow this  
Something_Awesome

List of Star Wars sets that are retiring!

Where I'm from, you'll lucky to see anything besides rebels stuff!

Ah, yes, the joys of lego modding. But I still have my older version, so the 2014 one is any easy pass.

As for the at-te... Well....:)

Well X-Wing is probably my one of my favourite spaceships of all time and I had the previous version of it. While this one has a sleeker design, they were quite similar. Do you think it is worth spending money on it now? (And do you think will it go on a black friday discount on Amazon?)

Well X-Wing is probably my one of my favourite spaceships of all time and I had the previous version of it. While this one has a sleeker design, they were quite similar. Do you think it is worth spending money on it now? (And do you think will it go on a black friday discount on Amazon?)

9493 is one of the best X-Wings Lego has to data made. Good solid (if slightly chunky) design and absolutely fantastic figs. Porkins!

The Amazon site for the US has the 9493 x wing on sale for a nice price. I think the Lego X Wing might be one of those sets that you should own even if you are not a big fan of Star Wars. If you're just a fan of Lego in general, you should own 9493. It's an iconic ship, and Lego did a great job with it. If you're into modding, you can mod the 9493 to look even better. Though it does not need much modding.

Edited by Something_Awesome

When I looked on the Lego UK shop last night the 7965 Millennium Falcon was shown as being sold out. Still plenty in stores and other places online but was not sure if this was a sign of things to come. Was sorely tempted to buy one at one point but was a bit put off by the amount of stickers and the gaps in the top between the flaps. Still a decent enough set though.

The falcon is a great set. I don't own it but I bought it as a gift for someone and, in all honesty, the gaps were not bad at all. I'd wait for another UCS version though. Now if UCS isn't your thing, you should definitely get 7965. I'd way til like May the 4th or something at this point so you get something out of it.

Edited by Something_Awesome

The falcon is a great set. I don't own it but I bought it as a gift for someone and, in all honesty, the gaps were not bad at all. I'd wait for another UCS version though. Now if UCS isn't your thing, you should definitely get 7965. I'd way til like May the 4th or something at this point so you get something out of it.

I'd love a UCS version. I gather there are rumours of another coming out because of the release of Episode 7. Fingers crossed for that one although I'm not sure where I would put something that big at the moment.

I might reconsider the 7965 as well. I actually got close to buying one from a store near me as they had them on sale but then they put the price back up - probably because of Christmas coming. I was thinking I might buy one in the New Year if they dropped the price again but if it's becoming retired then that seems unlikely. We shall see.

Edited by Jules35

Well I called up the Lego Shop UK this morning about the Millennium Falcon and they conformed they won't be getting any more in so I guess that means it's about to be discontinued. Having said that when I called about the Christmas decorations with red bricks in they said I got the last one and there were no more to come - then they got some more in stock - so who knows.

Even so - with that in mind and Something_Awesome praising the set I couldn't resist going out today and getting one.

I wish to get the original falcon. Its the one I liked the most, ucs isn't for me and the others just don't do it for me.

Well - the Lego shop now says

• Out of stock, expected ship date 28 Nov 2014

So clearly the guy I spoke to when I called up customer service was misinformed when he said they would not be getting any more in.

That sucks. I'm hoping it retires at the very latest at the end of the January wave of lego sets. I would kill for a $250 dollar UCS Falcon with interior. I've been experimenting around in Lego Digital Designer, and really the only greeblies on the actual thing are on the mandibles, back half, docking ring, and the radar dish. Lego shouldn't pad the parts count by sticking greeblies on every studded surface. It kinda ruined the Falcon for me, cause now whenever I see movie clips the studio model is pretty smooth. So in reality, Lego didn't need the $500 dollar price point on the 10179 and we don't need it again.

Sorry to bump this, but should I be in any rush to purchase 10236 Ewok Village and 10240 Red Five X-Wing Starfighter; In other words are they retiring soon?

Sorry to bump this, but should I be in any rush to purchase 10236 Ewok Village and 10240 Red Five X-Wing Starfighter; In other words are they retiring soon?

If I had to guess, I'd say the 10240 Red Five X-Wing Starfighter will be retiring sometime around May the 4th while the 10236 Ewok Village around the last quarter of this year (October - December). In any case, I doubt any of those two will make it to 2016.

I would get them soon because when the EP7 sets come out, it's very likely that a ton of SW sets will be discontinued to make room for them.

My local walmart oddly enough has the 75018 Jek-14's Stealth Starfighter in stock. Should I pick it up? Doesn't seem a very popular set.

My local walmart oddly enough has the 75018 Jek-14's Stealth Starfighter in stock. Should I pick it up? Doesn't seem a very popular set.

I actually really like that set. If they have it, especially if it's on sale, buy it. The build is great, as are the figs.

Dont buy a set just because it is popular, buy it because you like it! If you like that set, definitely pick it up. Whether its popular or not, i think its a really good set with a really nice design/size, with good minifigs. If you can get it on sale, dont hesitate!