Hammerhand

MEC Category C: A Hobbit's Adventure

Though Bilbo had many adventures after meeting Gandalf, he started out as a normal, respectable Hobbit, who's idea of an "adventure" was to sit in his favorite chair on a cold fall night, with his favorite book, by a warm, crackling fire, with a nice pipe of pipe-weed from the South Farthing. Add to that a good bottle of aged wine from Bree, and everything is about perfect, at least for a Hobbit. Yes, life was good.

36d4261d-7ac3-4cd8-8cb2-17bdf0743848_zpsadf60791.jpg

a4e567db-1195-4cbc-86f2-305eadcc08b1_zpsd4a33032.jpg

c6c0b842-b03c-4748-b20b-57635939ed9a_zpsa96c9b40.jpg

40a3a96a-9dea-42a0-8782-6fbb94e336e7_zps456c46ce.jpg

1b5b7d26-7491-4e6b-95be-21cdf368faa6_zps4829337d.jpg

Phew, I got it done in time. Somehow the deadline crept up on me, and I just realized that it's in two days, so.... I would've entered the other categories, but I just didn't have the time. Today was the only day I could photograph, so I almost didn't enter at all. But I made it, and that's what matters.

Anyways, I thought it would be fun to do a little scene in bag end, and I tried to go for a cozy hobbit-hole feel, with the chair and fire and all. There's a few more pics/angles in the album.

Thanks for looking, and C&C are welcome!

Edit: I just realized that some things got messed up/out of position when I was moving the build to photograph, like the fireplace, and the drawer on the left. So just ignore that...

Edited by Hammerhand

I have a very strong urge to become a hobbit and settle right into that chair; feels like home! brilliant!

You got some neat details in here. My favorite part is the furniture, especially that chair is looking really comfortable. The vibe of the whole build is Relaxing, so I definitly like it.

Good luck !

Congratulation, I really like it, a lot of details and i feel the comfort of Bag end :classic:

Yes, as the others said this is a really nice entry for category C. :thumbup:

My favorite part is the furniture and the floor, I really like the woodwork there and the carpet is also well done.

I also like the "roof" with all the different slopes and mushrooms are always a nice little detail in LEGO creations.

The only thing that bothers me a bit is the tree, the trunk is a bit too thin in comparison with the big tree we all know from the LotR and Hobbit movies.+

Good luck in the contest! :wink:

All the work with the tiles brings us a good feeling and the chair pump the scene. Very nice! Congrats!

Wow, beautiful work! Looks so cozy. Love the floor and the fireplace. Just a few days ago I made a hobbit hole interior with a light brick fireplace myself, but it doesn't look as good as yours.

Would've been really nice to have a proper tree on top though, or perhaps no tree at all.

This looks very good.

The comfortable design hobbits like for their houses is very well made.